Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair attached to ear buds means the earbuds could have been snatched off her.

So I doubt she just lost her phone and went back to retrieve it.

Depending on how much hair. That's another detail that has been left out. Was it a clump or a few hairs. I have very long hair and sometimes it gets tangled in my earbuds. But if they determine the earbuds were snatched off coupled with her phone ceasing communications at 12pm, then the 2pm sighting was probably someone else.

Depending on how much hair. That's another detail that has been left out. Was it a clump or a few hairs. I have very long hair and sometimes it gets tangled in my earbuds. But if they determine the earbuds were snatched off coupled with her phone ceasing communications at 12pm, then the 2pm sighting was probably someone else.
It was something like 3-8 or 6-8 strands.

LE thought it was not enough to be concerned about, Keith thought it was not normal.

No mention if it was pulled from root.

I know that my hair gets in my glasses, headphones,etc. For what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The hair issue was answered by KP in the first couple of days. A few strands, he said, 3 to 8.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Hair attached to ear buds means the earbuds could have been snatched off her.

So I doubt she just lost her phone and went back to retrieve it.

If her phone was "snatched" then you would expect DNA from the abductor - unless the perp had gloves on, in which case it would be pre-meditated. Who has gloves for opportunistic abductions at the ready? Not I. OK maybe a few do (Bundy comes to mind). I have problems with the "snatched" scenario but I could believe it - if we got some info we don't have now. Otherwise, we are just guessing based on our personal predelictions.

If it was only the hair and earbuds but the phone also.

Was it said how far apart these items were from each other?(Sorry, trying to keep up)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agree. If dna hair follicles were on the strands then they were probably snatched out. But if not. It could be just loose hairs from previous haircut or whatever.

LE gave the 2:00 sighting the morning after she disappeared. I think to go against what has been been stated by LE and on all missing posters/sites would be suspicious (not that it isn't). Someone had posted about her pinterest not reflecting the sport of running. IMO, she was not an avid runner, so running from 11:00-2:00 doesn't make a lot of sense. If her phone lost connection at 12:00, what was she doing from 12:00-2:00 if she was seen on Sunrise at 2:00? Why wouldn't she have checked her phone to see if KP was coming home for lunch? The HFSP FB page said that she was "preparing" for the Turkey Trot. Checking the past few years race times, it doesn't appear that she has ran it before. I wouldn't think an avid runner would "prepare" for a 2 or 6 mile run. So, I'm not convinced that she had a routine schedule and 3 hours would seem extreme for a novice. One of the sightings actually reported her as walking/running. Not even checking her phone between 12 and 2 is just odd to me.

I'm still of the opinion she was abducted. But I now think she was specifically targeted with some premeditation, not just a random drive by abduction.

I did notice on the helpfindsherripapini Instagram page that it is stated that the last time she was seen was at 2pm that day walking/jogging alone on Sunrise Dr. I know the validity of the 2pm sighting has been questioned here but would the family include it if they had suspicions that she was taken beforehand? It does make it weird though that her phone ceased communications at noon. But it could be as I said before that her phone fell out earlier and she went back to look for it. She could of been jogging and she put it in her pocket because the battery was running low and she wanted to preserve it. ( that's happened to me before running. This new apple update has been killing my battery). Phone fell out and died around noon.

If it was only the hair and earbuds but the phone also.

Was it said how far apart these items were from each other?(Sorry, trying to keep up)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Headphones were still attached to the phone.

Thing is, why leave your husband, kids, parents, inlaws and friends? The ONLY way that I can see that is Not wanting responsibility of her current life.
My grandfather went missing after my grandmother died and my dad and his brothers were placed in an orphanage. He was missing for ten years and then he died. Finally in 2012 I found his death certificate online. Our last name was spelled incorrectly, but clearly it was him with the rest of the data. Several of my dad's brothers passed away not knowing what happened to their dad. He died in a different state and after 50 years that state unseals the death certificates. I am so lucky to have found it.

IMOO.

I've watched two different videos of the negotiator, Cameron offering the reward for Sherri. In one, he states the abductor has 115 hours to take the deal. In the other, he states the abductor has less than 100 hours. Of course in neither video does he state the current date or time. There are so many things wrong, I don't know where to start, so I'll start with this. It would be very important if I were a family member of Sherri's to know the exact time and date the offer supposedly expires. He should state it on the video. If this reward is being provided by an independent individual visiting Redding and this person is leaving town, at which point the offer will expire, they already know exactly when. It's just confusing for people to keep sharing this video, seeing it for the first time tonight and having no idea when the end of 100 or 115 hours is.

When is it, anyway? Anyone know?

I've watched two different videos of the negotiator, Cameron offering the reward for Sherri. In one, he states the abductor has 115 hours to take the deal. In the other, he states the abductor has less than 100 hours. Of course in neither video does he state the current date or time. There are so many things wrong, I don't know where to start, so I'll start with this. It would be very important if I were a family member of Sherri's to know the exact time and date the offer supposedly expires. He should state it on the video. If this reward is being provided by an independent individual visiting Redding and this person is leaving town, at which point the offer will expire, they already know exactly when. It's just confusing for people to keep sharing this video, seeing it for the first time tonight and having no idea when the end of 100 or 115 hours is.

I read the date was Wednesday.

I read the date was Wednesday.

Wednesday. That wouldn't be good enough for me. It still kind of isn't. This is silly. The letter written by the individual offering the reward and the video by the negotiator are both so specific on details but they can't say what time? Wednesday at 7 a.m. or Wednesday at 11 p.m.? Big difference when there's a missing person involved.

Cases like these always get wackos lurking around.

I think that's all we're seeing here. Someone who likes attention. Jmo.

If it were my family I would want trained law enforcement only, and would not appreciate this circus.

Maybe that's what it is...slight of hand.

If you find your missing wife cell phone on the side of the road while she has not picked up the kids and currently missing; Then I doubt the police would think that maybe she just dropped it.

So abduction is the only explanation for the facts we have at hand as of now.

Then why won't LE call it an abduction? IF they had classified it as such from the beginning, we wouldn't be on thread #6.

The reward amount has now been removed, hasn't it? Initially it was $50k (in the letter). I wonder if this Cameron fellow came on board after the letter had already been published?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is, why leave your husband, kids, parents, inlaws and friends? The ONLY way that I can see that is Not wanting responsibility of her current life.
My grandfather went missing after my grandmother died and my dad and his brothers were placed in an orphanage. He was missing for ten years and then he died. Finally in 2012 I found his death certificate online. Our last name was spelled incorrectly, but clearly it was him with the rest of the data. Several of my dad's brothers passed away not knowing what happened to their dad. He died in a different state and after 50 years that state unseals the death certificates. I am so lucky to have found it.

IMOO.

That must of been so incredibly difficult for your Father and uncles. I'm sorry they experienced two profound losses so early in life.

I know families can be in denial about this and it will be interesting to see if new information that strongly points to this comes out.

IMOO.

Wow. We can think we don't matter to anyone after such a loss and could just expire, who cares. Disappear. But it does matter. Here you are. I feel for your granddad. He must have loved your grandmother very much. I'm sorry for your dad's and siblings' loss. Gosh. That's a painful thing to read. When we are in deep despair, there's just no telling what we will do. We don't think, we act out of feeling. Glad you found some answers. It matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld