Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but that us not what is stated here.
His first reaction reported is to go to the find app, not call.

Do we know for a fact that he didn't try to call first before using the find my phone app? Maybe his thoughts were scattered because of the whole situation & just failed to mention that part to the public?

Also,I keep wondering if maybe their cell signals don't work very well in that rural area. Choppy/dropped phone calls? Easier to see location of her phone via wifi @ home. Just a guess of course. My parents cell phones don't work very well where they live so we text a lot.

I'd like to see her text history that day. If there was any. Bahhh. I just wish she'd be found already!! I pass by Redding a couple times a year. Even got gas @ a Shell station once thats very close to her neighborhood.

Where are you Sherri?? :(

The text "are you coming home for lunch" is consistent with her wrapping presents and worrying about him showing up. For that reason, I think she sent it. Also, Keith did not say there was anything strange about it, and he replied to it normally. Also, the perp would not want to use the phone, leaving finger prints and possibly DNA. You cannot operate the phone with gloves on (except special gloves, I guess).

I've worn thin rubber gloves while dying my hair & was able to navigate & swipe around on my phone w/ no problem

I know we have discussed the whole lack of social media and reasons why some here don't have it. But I still can't get past it and find it odd. I especially find it odd because of the professional quality of pictures that the family often seems to have taken. Most people that I know who pay to have professional pictures taken can't wait to show them off. I know it's useless to sit and speculate why they don't have Facebook, but it really is rare for people in their early 30's not to be on Facebook.

I know we have discussed the whole lack of social media and reasons why some here don't have it. But I still can't get past it and find it odd. I especially find it odd because of the professional quality of pictures that the family often seems to have taken. Most people that I know who pay to have professional pictures taken can't wait to show them off. I know it's useless to sit and speculate why they don't have Facebook, but it really is rare for people in their early 30's not to be on Facebook.

Didn't they have a joint FB account that can't be seen now? I'm old and I don't "do" FB, although I have an account I use for sleuthing. Can't you set it so no one can see what you post? If you can, maybe only family and close friends have access and can see their photos.

I would think the type of footwear (if any) missing from the residence might shed some light on what she was doing and/or where she was went she disappeared.

I think that is an excellent point. I never thought about her footwear, and now that you bring it up...the description of it was missing from what she was supposedly wearing. I know that one of the first things LE looks for in a description is footwear just out of habit. In cases of looking for suspects on the run who may take a sweatshirt off, or change a top the shoes usually stay the same. So very interesting that we don't have any information about what shoes she was wearing. I have a lot of shoes, but I only have 1 pair that would be "work-out" shoes.

Didn't they have a joint FB account that can't be seen now? I'm old and I don't "do" FB, although I have an account I use for sleuthing. Can't you set it so no one can see what you post? If you can, maybe only family and close friends have access and can see their photos.

I thought that they had a shared Facebook also. I think that people make too much out of a lack of social media by people in cases like this. . JMO

The other thing I have been tossing around in my head since this whole "ransom" thing, is that maybe it seems ridiculous because it is. By that I mean, LE seems very hesitant to call this an abduction but the family is insistent that it is. I'm leaning towards maybe she did voluntarily leave, and her family just mentally can not accept that. I mean I can't even imagine how I would handle LE trying to tell me that my family member just up and left.

Yes, I saw that they once had a joint account that has been deactivated. I am not sure when it was deactivated though. The account was visible on a family members friends list but you couldn't even click on it. There is no way to make your account so no one can click on it, but you certainly have the option to make all your posts and photos private. I do have some friends who deactivate from time to time because of drama or because they feel that Facebook is a distraction. But they always seem to come back.

I think that is an excellent point. I never thought about her footwear, and now that you bring it up...the description of it was missing from what she was supposedly wearing. I know that one of the first things LE looks for in a description is footwear just out of habit. In cases of looking for suspects on the run who may take a sweatshirt off, or change a top the shoes usually stay the same. So very interesting that we don't have any information about what shoes she was wearing. I have a lot of shoes, but I only have 1 pair that would be "work-out" shoes.
:

:seeya: I think I forgot to welcome you! I see you're in the Bay Area. I grew up in Alameda and my husband in Berkeley...a long time ago. :)

I wonder if her husband was unable to give a description of her work-out shoes. I don't have a lot of shoes, but I'm not sure my husband could look at them and know which ones are missing, much less describe them. I may be selling his observation skills short (he's scary amazing with faces and voices) but clothes and shoes...not so much.

:

:seeya: I think I forgot to welcome you! I see you're in the Bay Area. I grew up in Alameda and my husband in Berkeley...a long time ago. :)

I wonder if her husband was unable to give a description of her work-out shoes. I don't have a lot of shoes, but I'm not sure my husband could look at them and know which ones are missing, much less describe them. I may be selling his observation skills short (he's scary amazing with faces and voices) but clothes and shoes...not so much.

If he's a runner, he probably can. We are obsessive about our running shoes. It's hard to find just the right brand, fit, etc...so when we do we never stop talking about it. : )

:

Thanks for the welcome! I am about 40 minutes or so from Berkeley. Telegraph Ave used to be one of my favorite hangouts :) I see you are in Southern Oregon, that's where my family is. My mom and I are looking to make the move up there sometime in the next year or 2, its so beautiful up there.

That is a good point about the shoes, I guess its not really a guy thing to notice girls footwear like we do haha. I just hope hope hope that they can give us something, anything more to go on. :/

:

No way would my husband know which pair or pairs were missing. He would be able to recognize shoes in the house as belonging to me but he wouldn't be able to look around and say "Her blue sneakers are missing."

I need a timeline just for the stupid reward letter, sounds like it was written by Rambo.
So originally it was sent to a newspaper quite a while ago, who ignored it?
And then did it resurface in last day or two?
And then at virtually the same time this church person offered to be " negotiator "
Do I have it right?
That church scares me.

Rambo. Lol.
But hey, he might just come in handy in this case at some point!

I have a question in regards to what we are allowed to post etc. I did some digging yesterday and came across a few things that Sherri was associated with that would go a little towards the type of person she is (not negative like the article that shall not be mentioned), Just little things found on the web that creates a bit of an identity for her.

I will say this, not sure if has been mentioned, but her Amazon wish list would indicate she had no plans to disappear. She had added things 4 days before she disappeared for Christmas 2016 for the kids. I would be surprised if she was prepping for Christmas and then 4 days later decides she doesn't want to be super mum anymore and disappears. She strikes me as the kind of person who thanksgiving and christmas would be a massive deal to and something not to be missed. Although in saying that, I guess if someone snaps psychologically rhyme and reason go out the window.

Reward/ransom - why not offer it to those who have information leading to the arrest....
it sounds so much like they have an individual they are targetting.

Maybe she has been kidnapped by a "small foreign faction" like JBR.

Reward/ransom - why not offer it to those who have information leading to the arrest....
it sounds so much like they have an individual they are targetting.

This is my thinking also,

What if this mysterious Donator has Sherri and CG is being used as a pawn in his game, I know the police will have investigated the ransom but do we know that CG has told them who the person is,

Thinking outside the box a little but what if the whole video, letter etc was a way of ASKING for a ransom i.e I have Sherri she will stay alive in the next 100 hours if a ransom is paid if not then she will be disposed of, the fact that the police are staying so tight lipped really says to me they know a lot more than they are letting on or maybe the 'abductor' is just playing some elaborate game waiting for them all to piece things together

(Stagehand somewhat wearily hauls this out again.)

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Murdered by known person; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver fled scene with body
.7. Suicide; body undiscovered
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection