Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#9, #10...

will be resolved as #3 or #8. JMO.

(Stagehand somewhat wearily hauls this out again.)

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Murdered by known person; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver fled scene with body
.7. Suicide; body undiscovered
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

It's still bothering me why they are not using more recent photos of Sherri on the posters. I've seen comments saying she doesn't look 34, well that's cos in those photos she wasn't. Without the make up and more recently, she does look 34. You just have to look at her families SM, I don't know why none of these other photos aren't being used. Also the pic of her running outfit, it says this is the outfit she was wearing, if that is her why is her head cut off? Surely seeing her as she is now in the actual outfit she was wearing would be the most helpful.

What's the reasoning for this? Is it a strategy? Use the more stunning, attractive photos to get more interest? I think I already know this just, gah!

This kinda bugged me as well. How many people unknown to her would recognize her as the woman on the missing poster? She's still pretty without the photoshop/filters, but to my eyes, she looks nothing like her missing person flyer pics.

(Stagehand somewhat wearily hauls this out again.)

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Murdered by known person; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver fled scene with body
.7. Suicide; body undiscovered
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

Top 5 in no particular order

5, 10, 9, 6, 2

Before I forget and pass out once I catch up I just thought about this, what if there was a known threat that made her first feel unsafe enough to get a gun but made her feel even more unsafe still and so they put the kids into daycare so they wouldn't be home in case this person tried anything because the kids aren't old enough for grade school and so many RSO in the area and that's why he went promptly to check that app to find her which makes me also wonder if the person they worried about lives near so he was thinking of God maybe it'll show up in their house? And then all the social media secrecy points to that also cause as someone with stalkers I keep most my stuff secret I mean it all points to she had a stalker or someone making threats or could be anyone from her past there like a friend/family/exfriend/ex/obsessed classmate/creepy neighbor/ teacher/coach the list goes on(if it's the same person who likely killed her classmate then it must be someone who was around both them enough) even someone maybe she got into fights with or that she argued with over boys who just snapped. Or someone they couldn't prove was a creep but weirded her out enough to not feel safe and want the kids out of the house. And who took care of the kids before they moved back since she likely then worked? Could it be some crazy nanny? Even when I was in great shape I would die from a three hour run I don't buy that. I would do an hour on the elyptical and that was painful and based off photos I would say she isn't a hardcore runner they usually have a runners body from the ones I know. If she was though maybe someone who did races become obsessed and lived close by and ran by a lot. However with the text and phone I think she sent it to try to scare the guy off like someone suggested(but I would just call my BF or someone or text them exactly what's happening) and he caught her and said give me that and took her phone right out of her hands and maybe she had the headphones in(unless he ripped hair out and staged it so t seemed more like a run) and then realized as he was leaving with her alive or not alive he was like oh crap and tossed the phone maybe she even made the mistake of saying her husband will be able to track her. If they said the condition of the phone we'd know more cause if cracked or damaged that says something but hair doesn't get in those from nicely setting it down. I believe it was all premeditated except maybe the phone stuff and not random and something they worried could happen which is why he sounds like he's beating himself up on some videos about not being there or whatever it was and why they jumped to taken and why the social media stuff and gun and kids in daycare(maybe) but because they needed money now that she wasn't working he had no choice but to go in and so they figured not having the kids at home in case of danger was safer than them and her in danger since someone said she got them closer to when he got off work right? Also with the ransom why do they never say a date? Because the articles make it sound as if it was sent in way earlier just not verified so technically couldn't last Wednesday have been the actual day but now it magically is this Wednesday when this person must leave for thanksgiving and supposedly work?

The thing that makes me convinced she didn't leave voluntarily is that it's so so very rare for a woman (men seem to do this with more regularity) to leave with nothing and no evidence of having left. There may BE evidence that we just don't know about.

Women who purposely disappear usually at least have their purse, and sometimes have their car. The car may be found abandoned later, but they still have their purse. And may have made a bank withdrawal recently. And may have vaguely hinted that they were leaving, or may be facing a crisis like a petty crime charge, flunking out of college, etc.

Can anyone think of a time when a woman was found to have purposely left, and the circumstances were similar to this? No vehicle, no purse, no apparent funds, no apparent motive, etc?
There was a woman that walked out of a Christian Woman's conference and disappeared. They eventually found out that she pawned her wedding rings for money. Upon further investigation, she was having problems at work. This wasn't revealed immediately though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SPS parents have a friend that has shared SPs picture, literally 100s of times on their FB...maybe 1000s. Seems it is all he does every day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The thing that makes me convinced she didn't leave voluntarily is that it's so so very rare for a woman (men seem to do this with more regularity) to leave with nothing and no evidence of having left. There may BE evidence that we just don't know about.

Women who purposely disappear usually at least have their purse, and sometimes have their car. The car may be found abandoned later, but they still have their purse. And may have made a bank withdrawal recently. And may have vaguely hinted that they were leaving, or may be facing a crisis like a petty crime charge, flunking out of college, etc.

Can anyone think of a time when a woman was found to have purposely left, and the circumstances were similar to this? No vehicle, no purse, no apparent funds, no apparent motive, etc?

Yes, there is a case: Missing mom resurfaces after 11 years

She left on foot with nothing.

And note this quote from the article:
"Everybody that knew Brenda told us there was absolutely no way Brenda would leave her children," said Lititz Borough police Det. John Schofield, who suspected for years she may have been killed.

Yes, there was a divorce in that case. But we really have no idea what was going on in Sherri's life, frankly.

It's still bothering me why they are not using more recent photos of Sherri on the posters. I've seen comments saying she doesn't look 34, well that's cos in those photos she wasn't. Without the make up and more recently, she does look 34. You just have to look at her families SM, I don't know why none of these other photos aren't being used. Also the pic of her running outfit, it says this is the outfit she was wearing, if that is her why is her head cut off? Surely seeing her as she is now in the actual outfit she was wearing would be the most helpful.

What's the reasoning for this? Is it a strategy? Use the more stunning, attractive photos to get more interest? I think I already know this just, gah!

I thought about this also because while she's an attractive girl she looks way better in all the younger photos they use compared to ones I see on her families pages. And either it's to get the most publicity to find her or some other reason maybe something's happened to her fsce or skin cause why not leave the face in the last things worn photo

I want to clarify something because it's really bothering me that this keeps getting thrown around as fact. Keith *DID* try to contact SP before he used the Find My iPhone app. This was reported in MSM articles. Here's one example:

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

Keith says he texted his wife again, and when she didn’t respond he used the Find my iPhone application and located his her cell phone and earbuds about one mile from their home, near the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive. The earbuds reportedly had strands of Sherri’s hair on them.

Also, they are aware of what shoes she was wearing:
http://nypost.com/2016/11/06/family-fears-woman-last-seen-on-afternoon-jog-was-abducted/

She had been wearing pink shoes and was planning on meeting up with her husband, Keith Papini, later in the evening after her jog. But when he returned home, Papini was nowhere to be found.
This DOJ poster states black Under Armour running shoes
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=5401630800057

I assumed it was because she wanted to post a lot of pictures and stories about her kids but wanted to protect them too. I know a lot of mothers who do this, and many of them have nicknames for their children when they talk about them online.

There are people out there who will lift pictures of other children and show them off as if they are their own, or use them in other ways so I get why some people want to keep them as private as possible.

That happened to me. A preschool teacher in Wisconsin lifted a photo of my four-year-old and shared it with a high school classmate she'd reunited with on FB. The classmate thought something wasn't quite right with the tale the preschool teacher told her and traced the photo back to me via Google images to alert me. Lesson: Learned.[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>I keep seeing people saying how pretty she is but I haven't seen any actual newer photos besides that one and I didn't recognize her and thought it was the mom. Also off topic but maybe she also was scared of doing her Craigslist or selling stuff with the kids home and got the gun in case to protect to protect herself and this was a sale gone wrong and the text was so she knew if she should start wrapping her gift or getting cute and ready to see him and make lunch or jog. If it was me I would wait 30min before texting and saying going on a jog but the rural areas like that have bad service so calls may not go through and texts may struggle to work but the person could send him that text as her from a laptop as well if signed into her account or via iPad i forget how but you can text to someone's laptop or iTunes basically on whatever app and then can text from that and if the service was awful I would see her having to text with that

I agree, it's just strange to use the wedding pictures so much because they are so old. I saw on the blog from the wedding photographer dated 11/17/2009. That's seven years and two babies ago! Even if you don't gain weight, there will still be changes to your facial features and hair. They have shown ones of her and husband/kids vacationing looks like and yeah she looks different especially in the face. Is it just to tug at our heartstrings more? Or because they know people will look more if it's a pretty girl? I'm just curious because if I go missing I'm pretty sure the only pics they find of me would be me trying to push or get away from the camera. lol I need to take more pictures of myself just in case

Interesting observations about the photos. I think it's actually really common for family to release older pictures in cases like this. They choose their favorites where their loved one looks their best. I admit I was sort of bothered that the flyer floating around on social media featured her in her wedding dress because I know that was several years old and nobody looks as good as they did on their wedding day in their daily lives. That said, I went looking for some more recent pics in the media and found a few where we can tell how old they are by the age of the kids. Her kids are currently 2 and 4.

<modsnip>

Based on the size of the youngest child I'm guessing these photos are only about a year to year and half old. IMO, Sherri still looks young for her age here but she is wearing makeup. You can see a few more wrinkles but she is every bit as lovely.

As far as the jogging outfit where the head is cut off I assumed they did that because the person wearing the jogging outfit in the photo is NOT Sherri. Sherri bought and sold clothes on a site called Poshmark. Maybe they never had a picture of Sherri in this exact outfit but they have the ad from the person she bought the jogging top from and that is why they used that photo the way they did. The person who posted the ad might have even posted the photo that way to begin with as it is common to do that when selling things on the internet. Just a guess.

What if she had a stalker who followed her to Shasta lake after she quit work got a gun and they moved home to be away from this dangerous person and maybe she kept the kids in daycare for their safety it would explain why he used the app so fast since service is bad there and he knew of a threat but had to work. Maybe some obsessed ex or coworker of hers from humbolt. And then the social media stuff is like she wants to stay hidden from someone and maybe they'd spotted him before in town and maybe he acted like he was a female wanting to buy her stuff and surprised her cause one sheriff log entry says some guy contacted a lady to buy something then she got a call from the same number and it was who lived there saying the guy broke his window to use his phone to call her which is scary. One of the photos they use reminds me of a prom photo which makes me wonder if they dated in school and maybe some local was jealous and took his chance when she moved home. But a creep from where they moved from would explain the move and why they're talking to people out of the county and are so convinced she isn't there. There also was an attempted abduction of a female in the log as well. But what time would KP get off work normally? Cause before five is weird it's like he left work early because either daycare contacted him or he got worried when she didn't reply and the. He called and they said she hadn't got them and so he left early in a panic cause otherwise the time he got off seems like odd hours and no I know he didn't do it I just wonder if he was leaving work early panicked cause of this person she was scared of which it truly feels like there was one

Interesting observations about the photos. I think it's actually really common for family to release older pictures in cases like this. They choose their favorites where their loved one looks their best. I admit I was sort of bothered that the flyer floating around on social media featured her in her wedding dress because I know that was several years old and nobody looks as good as they did on their wedding day in their daily lives. That said, I went looking for some more recent pics in the media and found a few where we can tell how old they are by the age of the kids. Her kids are currently 2 and 4.

Based on the size of the youngest child I'm guessing these photos are only about a year to year and half old. IMO, Sherri still looks young for her age here but she is wearing makeup. You can see a few more wrinkles but she is every bit as lovely.

As far as the jogging outfit where the head is cut off I assumed they did that because the person wearing the jogging outfit in the photo is NOT Sherri. Sherri bought and sold clothes on a site called Poshmark. Maybe they never had a picture of Sherri in this exact outfit but they have the ad from the person she bought the jogging top from and that is why they used that photo the way they did. The person who posted the ad might have even posted the photo that way to begin with as it is common to do that when selling things on the internet. Just a guess.

<snipped for space>

She is lovely, I'm not saying she isn't. I'm saying in photos that are recent that I have seen, and not posed for like the ones you posted Gardener, she looks very different. She is supposed to have gone missing when jogging, I doubt she was all dolled up for that. I thought they would put out photos showing her sans make up too. It's just niggling at me probably cos everything else is too! MOO and all dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli