Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What luck for the anonymous money person to happen across an international kidnap negoitiator. What luck that Mr. Gamble would be willing to insert himself into the case.
I'm not sure where I am going with this but this is one heck of a fishy twist in my opinion.
Hear, hear.

I assume the search warrants are to gain access to private property and not based on specific leads? I assume they did not need search warrants for the phone and computer since they were handed over voluntarily.

I assume the search warrants are to gain access to private property and not based on specific leads? I assume they did not need search warrants for the phone and computer since they were handed over voluntarily.

In order to get a search warrant, you need probable cause that a crime was committed and that items relating to the crime will be found in the search area.

The warrants that we know about were pertaining to information that could be gleaned from use of the electronic devices, not the devices specifically.

No date was given that I know of, but the hours remaining until expiry have been consistent with ending on Wednesday.

"In his video, Gamble reiterates his pledge of a reward if whoever allegedly kidnapped Papini contacts a phone number on an anonymously created website, www.sherripapini.com, and frees her. However, it's a limited time offer — it's off the table after Wednesday."

Has LE put any protocol in place as a result of the Jaycee Dugard case where they failed to search the property far enough to find that her and the children were indeed there?? I keep wondering if SP was right under their noses. How far do they search an RSOs property? Can they go inside? When someone goes missing does LE put up any checkpoints for vehicles on their way out of town?

In order to get a search warrant, you need probable cause that a crime was committed and that items relating to the crime will be found in the search area.
I think the warrants are for the phone company, email providers and internet providers. You can give permission for the search of your devices, but those companies have their own records. I would also assume if there is ever a question of who can give permission, police might seek a warrant to cover their bases.

<modsnip>

I go between 4 and 5. Can't say what I think about 5 because it's against rules here, but I'm definitely more heavily leaning toward 4 with 99 percent gut feeling. That little 1 percent is still there though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone think there is another computer out there. I do!

I was the one who had posted the info about the RSOs in relation to the population and I did find it surprising how many were juvenile offenses. But I don't think anyone can safety say that a juvenile offender only targets children under 14. The POI in Heather McDonald's case (Cartersville, Ga) is a RSO, last arrested for enticement of a child. Like SP, she also looked very young for her age with a small build. We also don't know if there were any prior encounters with neighboring offenders or anything that could've provoked an attack not purely of a sexual nature. Would you be able to share your source for the convictions. The Megan's law site talked about the recidivism rates, but I couldn't locate it on any individual profiles. Thanks!

Okay so I did some research earlier about all the RSO living in Redding. I had heard/seen that the number is really high for such a small place population wise. There are a total of 346 RSO in Redding (known and registered of course). Of those 346 there are only 37 whose charges were not against children. Sickening, but that's a whole different discussion.

Out of those 37, 6 were for outright rape. Of those 6, 4 were offenders whose crimes occurred before 1990. The rest of the 37 were a combination of a date rape type scenario, sexual battery and assault with intent to commit a sexual assault.

There was 1 person on the list that had a prior conviction involving kidnapping to commit a sexual assault, but I believe it involved a minor as well.

I don't know where I am going with this exactly. It is still an alarming number of RSOs in the area, but a much much smaller number who would be potentially considered a risk for adults. That of course is not to say that there aren't creeps out there who have not been caught, who aren't registered etc.

Still over here grasping at straws...

They said the dogs didn't pick up on any scent - how does that compute with her running in the area frequently and some of her belongings actually being out there? Can we really leave stuff along the road or trail and it not have a scent? And has it been confirmed that KP picked up the phone when he found it? Or did he leave it alone for LE?

I think the warrants are for the phone company, email providers and internet providers. You can give permission for the search of your devices, but those companies have their own records. I would also assume if there is ever a question of who can give permission, police might seek a warrant to cover their bases.

I agree. Getting the warrant is hopefully what they did- and good practice IMO (and probably standard I would hope).

They said the dogs didn't pick up on any scent - how does that compute with her running in the area frequently and some of her belongings actually being out there? Can we really leave stuff along the road or trail and it not have a scent? And has it been confirmed that KP picked up the phone when he found it? Or did he leave it alone for LE?

Pretty sure he just picked it up- not sure he was thinking about not touching it at that time. I don't remember the exact words though I'll look for the article for the phone. He describes the hair etc.

I personally don't think she left on her own- I know there are cases where mothers do- but I don't know doesn't feel like that to me. IMO. Would love to be wrong!

Do we know if cell phone was cracked or broken when found? Maybe the condition would help indicate if it was thrown from a vehicle, just thrown down from her body, or planted?

Okay, I haul this out twice a day; here 'tis for the night shift, comrades.

(Stagehand somewhat wearily hauls it out again.)

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Murdered by known person; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver took body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

Opinion-shift? This is free; do it again.

This will show how decisive I am on this :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member