Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The official website (at least for some members of the family) says this as far as her routine (and also the website makes no mention of the ransom):
"As part of her routine, Sherri usually picks up the couple’s two children and jogs in the afternoons."
http://findsherri.com/
While KP said this based on both the text he received and witnesses:
"Keith says he believes his wife went jogging around 11 a.m., shortly after he didn’t return her text. 'I am putting her leaving around that time,' he says. 'That is based on the text I got, and there were some people I spoke with that were cutting down a tree, and they informed us that they saw my wife running.'"
http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

This says
Sherri usually picks up the couples 2 children a d jogs in the afternoon.
So who watches the kids while she jogs?

Ok so I haven't figured out where I want to go exactly with this so maybe someone can help. I read this quote awhile ago and the last part has stuck out with me. I cannot get my thoughts gathered around how I want to tie it in yet. Let me go ahead and add a disclaimer this is not about KP even though it's his quote.

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

“I didn’t get that message because I don’t usually bring my personal phone in with me,” he tells PEOPLE. “I texted her back later at 1:30 p.m. and said, ‘Sorry, it is going to be a late day.’ ”

Focusing on that last sentence. (I can't bold on my phone-or don't know how. )

So let's say she did read that text but didn't respond. It doesn't really make sense in terms of responding to her lunch text but whatever. My point here isn't about KP so please do not take it that way.

It's about the "late day" part of the response. So on this day, KP comes home around 5, which he's saying is a late day.

When is he normally home? If we say she willing left/ran away, would she use this in any way knowing he wouldn't be home at his normal time, whatever that may be? Based on what we know about her phone, I'm guessing she never got that text anyways. Butttttt, if she did. I don't know. I can't quite get my thoughts straight to explain it but wanted to toss it out there with the willingness to leave theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You read my mind. I wish there was clarification as to when he was normally home. Was he normally home at 4:00? So, 5:00 would indeed by late? Or did he come home regular time, and a late install was cancelled?

This says

Asked the same question a while back. Both mom and Keith were attributed to saying essentially the same thing. Most posters agreed that it must have been sloppy reporting and not accurate as it seems illogical. But with everything else about this case that's off, I can't be sure.

Has anyone figured out what happened when she did not pickup the kids - what did daycare do? Some places charge allot of $$ if you go beyond pickup time.. Wouldn't daycare call a family member after an hour or so?

Not a dumb question. Depending on the dog, I would think so. I've read where a bloodhound can track a scent that is 300 hours old.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I agree, it can depend on the dog. It can also depend on the handler. Did they use bloodhounds? Did they use air-scenting measures vs. trailing? There's a lot of reasons a scent may not be picked up...the absence of it being a very good one.

Has anyone figured out what happened when she did not pickup the kids - what did daycare do? Some places charge allot of $$ if you go beyond pickup time.. Wouldn't daycare call a family member after an hour or so?

Possibly "check out" time at a daycare is so busy that they don't get around to it until the childs were the last ones there?

There's so much reading between the lines and assumptions in this case, it's a shame. Nobody's given any details of normal routines. We know she jogs, but not really general times or days or routes. We know the kids were in daycare, but don't know the usual days and times. The family's called it preschool, but for children that age, assuming they were dropped off in the morning, picking them up in the mid-afternoon would be considered an extended day -- kind of like aftercare, imo. For which she'd most likely pack them a lunch (or Keith would) depending on who dropped them off, but again, we have no clue and nobody's sharing. The family did share that "preschool" was a few (or a couple?) days a week for a few hours. So, it's definitely part of the routine.

I assume that it was routine for the kids to stay for extended care, based on the fact that they didn't call around wondering who was picking up the kids. Or, that whoever dropped them off that day, provided lunch for the kids and communicated that the kids would be staying later.

Keith mentioned it was odd for them to not be home when he got home. But he also shared that he was running late that day. So, again getting home around the 5:00ish hour we should assume is late for him?

I'm just guessing on this but my theory on their routine is that his work hours vary depending on how many clients he has that day. I'm guessing sometimes he was home by lunchtime and sometimes he wasn't home until dinner. This explains her text to him to ask if he would be home for lunch. Her sister said something about it being normal for her to jog in the afternoon AFTER picking up the kids from daycare. This makes no sense (to plan to jog in the afternoon while the kids are home), UNLESS her husband often comes home for the afternoon and watches the kids while she jogs. So what I'm guessing is she texted him at 10:37 AM to see if he would be home in the afternoon. He didn't reply by 11 AM so she knows he is working still/can't answer and she decides to get her run in BEFORE going to get the kids. This would explain why her husband made the assumption she would leave for her jog around 11 AM after sending a 10:37 text to him asking if he was coming home for lunch. Again, all just a theory but if 5 PM is a late day then he often was able to come home earlier, maybe even by lunch time to be with the kids, so she could get an early afternoon jog in. JMO.

Possibly "check out" time at a daycare is so busy that they don't get around to it until the childs were the last ones there?

True, but what if her normal pick-up time is 3pm or 2pm (for examples). What would the daycare do if she didn't pick up then? Just assume she'll come later, or contact someone? Would they contact the husband, for instance, if Sherri didn't show up when expected and didn't respond to their messages (if they left any).

We don't know her normal pick-up time and we don't know daycare's procedure.

We don't know she was the one to drop off the kids that day, either, do we? You'd think, though, if the husband dropped them off that day, we'd hear that reported??

The daycare routine is fuzzy...not sure if there are clues there or not. But knowing some details about drop-off, lunch routine, and pick-up for the kids would help firm-up the timeline.

justmyopinon

Everything about this case is fuzzy.

Some things about this remind of the Joe Gliniewicz case.

I think what Keith meant about her running in the afternoon was that it was her routine- not necessarily AFTER she gets the kids. As for the kids being in daycare - what I read was that the place was open later, but she never left the kids there til closing time, BUT it was an option to be able to. So the daycare wouldn't have necessarily been alarmed UNTIL closing time came. (I'm curious what the daycare place has to say about their experiences with sherri).

Has there been any discussion about possible post partum or mental illness? I've read 90% of all threads and may have missed it.

Also- if she DID leave voluntarily, perhaps she had an ex flame whom the family looked at as a low-life... but she was head over heels about. And would have done/left anything for. This is certainly an interestingly confusing case.

Cheers to all of your possible scenarios! We've got a creative group here!

This says

maybe she uses a jogging stroller? I have no idea. How could you run with two kids? Walk maybe but not jogging except to chase after them but then that is not actually jogging...lol

From what I have read, the children were still at daycare/preschool when Keith arrived home
I believe he called family to pick them up.
I have not read anything about the daycare/preschool calling Keith or an emergency contact because the children were still there .
Maybe it wasn't unusual for Sherri to pick them up later
Maybe she told them it would be a later pickup
Maybe they didn't give it a thought as they were still open and busy

I think what Keith meant about her running in the afternoon was that it was her routine- not necessarily AFTER she gets the kids. As for the kids being in daycare - what I read was that the place was open later, but she never left the kids there til closing time, BUT it was an option to be able to. So the daycare wouldn't have necessarily been alarmed UNTIL closing time came. (I'm curious what the daycare place has to say about their experiences with sherri).

Has there been any discussion about possible post partum or mental illness? I've read 90% of all threads and may have missed it.

Also- if she DID leave voluntarily, perhaps she had an ex flame whom the family looked at as a low-life... but she was head over heels about. And would have done/left anything for. This is certainly an interestingly confusing case.

Cheers to all of your possible scenarios! We've got a creative group here!

Post partum is interesting. Very interesting in fact. Good point!

I'm just guessing on this but my theory on their routine is that his work hours vary depending on how many clients he has that day. I'm guessing sometimes he was home by lunchtime and sometimes he wasn't home until dinner. This explains her text to him to ask if he would be home for lunch. Her sister said something about it being normal for her to jog in the afternoon AFTER picking up the kids from daycare. This makes no sense (to plan to jog in the afternoon while the kids are home), UNLESS her husband often comes home for the afternoon and watches the kids while she jogs. So what I'm guessing is she texted him at 10:37 AM to see if he would be home in the afternoon. He didn't reply by 11 AM so she knows he is working still/can't answer and she decides to get her run in BEFORE going to get the kids. This would explain why her husband made the assumption she would leave for her jog around 11 AM after sending a 10:37 text to him asking if he was coming home for lunch. Again, all just a theory but if 5 PM is a late day then he often was able to come home earlier, maybe even by lunch time to be with the kids, so she could get an early afternoon jog in. JMO.

Since the kids were in daycare the day she went missing, there was no real reason to ask if he was going to come home for lunch so she could run. JMO

I dont think they start calling anyone till it's time for everyone to go home for the night.
Jmo

Since the kids were in daycare the day she went missing, there was no real reason to ask if he was going to come home for lunch so she could run. JMO

Well, I guess it depends on when she normally picked the kids up. Maybe she preferred to run in the afternoon (but kids only did half days) or maybe he sometimes came home and went running with her before they went to get the kids from daycare? I don't really know, just throwing out suggestions. FWIW, I've BTDT with having a husband with an ever-changing schedule and I don't find the text asking if he would be home for lunch so strange. I can see where it made sense to him that she would go for a jog when he didn't reply to her text.

I dont think they start calling anyone till it's time for everyone to go home for the night.
Jmo

That could very well be.

But I'm guessing the daycare staff had a good idea when Sherri "usually" picked up the kids. If so, that info could tighten the timeline. You'd think that would be helpful to know.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse over the lack of details about the daycare routine.

jmo

From what I have read, the children were still at daycare/preschool when Keith arrived home
I believe he called family to pick them up.
I have not read anything about the daycare/preschool calling Keith or an emergency contact because the children were still there .
Maybe it wasn't unusual for Sherri to pick them up later
Maybe she told them it would be a later pickup
Maybe they didn't give it a thought as they were still open and busy

I think we all want to know the daycare routine. Who dropped off that day and what time they were dropped off. Did they pay for a full day of care or half day. If half day who was called and at what time. I would think if kids were normally half day and no one came to pick up within reasonable time period they would call parents.

[...]
So let's say she did read that text but didn't respond. It doesn't really make sense in terms of responding to her lunch text but whatever. My point here isn't about KP so please do not take it that way.

It's about the "late day" part of the response. So on this day, KP comes home around 5, which he's saying is a late day.

When is he normally home? If we say she willing left/ran away, would she use this in any way knowing he wouldn't be home at his normal time, whatever that may be? Based on what we know about her phone, I'm guessing she never got that text anyways. Butttttt, if she did. I don't know. I can't quite get my thoughts straight to explain it but wanted to toss it out there with the willingness to leave theory.

Yeah, I made the same point about 2000 comments ago. :)

Also, there's the fact that Best Buy call-out workers work in pairs. It seems fairly unlikely he would bring a coworker home for lunch. It just seems the most reasonable explanation is that he occasionally came home from work in the early afternoon, especially if sales were slow, which I could easily see them being in early November.

The counter-argument seemed to be that it would strain their finances. But it's not like he would have a choice!

They were living in the parents' house, by the way. Might be rent free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14