Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think reporters got it wrong! Listen to his interview - I think it is the first interview he gave. Maybe he asks because he sometimes came home from lunch.

I went to edit my last post but deleted it by accident.

Opps

That is weird then. It makes no sense.

It could be a typo. My text messages are full of them. Autocorrect makes them even worse.

Or, if could be, something like - are you coming home from lunch (rather than from a worksite), meaning, are you coming home directly after lunch in the afternoon.

He replies he will be late - which makes sense if he's answering the question "Are you coming from lunch?" In that case, 5pm would be "late" because it's long after lunchtime. Otherwise, 5pm, doesn't seem like a late time to get home from work.

thinking aloud, jmo.

Bizarre. He does say that. But the quote in the article with the video says "for lunch" - he very clearly and distinctly says "from lunch" on the video.
There are a number of quotes here that are attributed to what family members have said. But if you go back and listen to the family member say them, you'll find what they're quoted as saying in the article is not exactly what you hear them say in the video.

(I don't mean you, as in you specifically)

That is weird then. It makes no sense.

hmm, maybe it does though?

If 5pm was working late. Maybe he often works half days? Finishes work and grabs lunch before heading home? Unless he works longer hours, as needed. That would make sense to ask mid morning if he was coming home 'from' lunch. Maybe he lunched near a store and she was going to ask him to bring something in *shrugs*

If 5pm was working late. Maybe he often works half days? Finishes work and grabs lunch before heading home? Unless he works longer hours, as needed. That would make sense to ask mid morning if he was coming home 'from' lunch. Maybe he lunched near a store and she was going to ask him to bring something in *shrugs*

Coming home "from" lunch doesn't make any sense to me, but that is what he said. If you are done work why would you stay out and have lunch and then go home?

And why would your wife ask that question at 10:37 in the morning? "For" lunch I could understand at that time.

Okay, I haul this out twice a day; here 'tis for the night shift, comrades.

(Stagehand somewhat wearily hauls it out again.)

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Murdered by known person; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver took body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

Opinion-shift? This is free; do it again.

In numerical order:

5 but jog might still be legit
9 and 10

But 4 is still on the table.

I think the time he leaves.work depends on his start time and the.time he finishes up his last job and returns back to the store.

Coming home "from" lunch doesn't make any sense to me, but that is what he said. If you are done work why would you stay out and have lunch and then go home?

And why would your wife ask that question at 10:37 in the morning? "For" lunch I could understand at that time.

Idk, maybe he likes subway, maybe Sherri likes subway and was going to ask him to bring her a footlong in (hypothetically speaking) but he didn't reply.... Honestly don't know just it could make sense even though I wouldn't use the same wording. If he said she txt 'FROM lunch' that indicates the location he would be coming from to me. MOO

It seems like she's asking if he's getting off work early. If it's not something normal for him, then maybe it was something they spoke about him possibly doing before he left that day.

Oh I think from instead of for makes a big difference!

If he either works a half day (comes home from lunch) then she likely waits to jog until she gets the kids and he watches them.

If he has a long day, she has to jog first. So that explains why he thought she would have gone around 11:00. She would have jogged and then gotten the kids and they would have been home when he arrived.

I think this narrows the window of opportunity to between 11:00 and 12:30.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Oh I think from instead of for makes a big difference!

If he either works a half day (comes home from lunch) then she likely waits to jog until she gets the kids and he watches them.

If he has a long day, she has to jog first. So that explains why he thought she would have gone around 11:00. She would have jogged and then gotten the kids and they would have been home when he arrived.

I think this narrows the window of opportunity to between 11:00 and 12:30.

Maybe on days he comes home "from" lunch he also picks up the kids on the way. Maybe she was planning around that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Not a dumb question. Depending on the dog, I would think so. I've read where a bloodhound can track a scent that is 300 hours old.

Quote Originally Posted by BeesInMyBonnet, Thread #4, Post #565
The bloodhound used in Hannah Graham's case was able to track her even four days after her disappearance. (She was last seen in the early morning hours of September 13, and the bloodhound tracked her on September 16 and 17.)

http://www.c-ville.com/bloodhound-center-jesse-matthew-hearing/#.WDNBf3eZO3I [This article misstates the date Hannah was last seen as September 14. She encountered Jesse Matthew the night of September 12/13.]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all depends on the dog and the handler... And tracking may not follow the actual route of the person being tracked.
"Shaker’s tracking of Graham was consistent because of “scent drift,” which over time can spread a scent up to 100 yards"​

Canine expertise: Bloodhound at center of Jesse Matthew hearing
By Lisa Provence
1/12/16 at 6:19 AM
http://www.c-ville.com/bloodhound-center-jesse-matthew-hearing/#.WDNBf3eZO3I

Ok, so was she was asking him what time he was coming home from work, i.e., if he had appointments after lunch, 'are you coming home from lunch' not for lunch? So then his response, though pretty late, was saying no, indicating that he had appointments after lunch? Since he didn't respond, she had no idea what time he might walk in. Or maybe he mis-spoke during the interview? As said over and over, the timeline has not been clearly established by a long shot. I wonder if his hours varied on a day by day basis.

Looking for interviews I found the sister's longer interview with the local media. I had only previously seen the brief clip from Inside Edition where they said she is "Supermom". FWIW the sister says "for lunch" twice. I know she's not the one who got the text but he could have misspoken when he said from and he meant "for lunch" and she is clarifying.

[video=youtube;f8QBYrb3gN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QBYrb3gN4[/video]

Maybe "from" lunch might mean coming home after lunch, as in working only a half-day or something?
Or he had a lunch date with someone specific and had said he might come home after?

But why didn't she wait to hear back from him?

eta: I'm slow today.

The Sheriff never gave a description of her car or asked anyone if they saw her driving. Why would it be assumed she didn't drive that morning? If she took the kids to daycare she could have texted KP about lunch so she would be back on time or needed to get something from a store. She could have stopped to get the mail, (maybe yesterdays even) and the phone fell.
I think MissGulfSouth said she has found several.

She drives home and never makes it inside. Maybe stopped by someone she would trust, a casual neighbor, etc. who forces her into a car.

All conjecture but no morning timeline bugs me to no end.

This bugs me to no end too. How can we forget the Petit murders? The mother and daughter were followed home from the grocery store after being spotted by a sicko. Maybe someone spotted Sherri while she was driving around that morning and followed her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member