Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm really caught up...(again: 7 THREADS, people!?!) ...but as there is so little to go on, does it really matter if I have read every post and followed every link before chiming in late on the poll? I hope not :)

I'm opting for #5 (Murdered by person known to her; jog a red herring), followed closely by #2 (Abducted by person known to her; deceased). My reasoning: Statistics and a faint whiff of something that doesn't smell like marital bliss.
Other horses in the race for me:
#4, #7 and #10 (with and interconnected #9).
1. Abducted by person known to her; alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; deceased
.3. Abducted by person unknown to her; alive
.4. Abducted by person unknown to her; deceased
.5. Murdered by person known to her; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver hid body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns
15. None of the above; explain below

For what it is worth, I had one of those early, stupid marriages that I pretty much erased from my history. But when I got married at 35, it was my husband's first wedding and we had to tell his parents as I could not do a church wedding without a whole lot of hoops for something I no longer believed. But hardly anyone knows about the first one, though I never claimed to be "first-time" bride, etc...or made a circus of out the wedding.

I can see "erasing" such a marriage in a small town, conservative folks, etc...I just erased mine out of embarrassment.

Me too, Clu. There's something else we have in common. :wave:

Yes, you are correct...but it still bothers me, JMO...

And, I guess the reason it bothers me is because of how bizarre all of what surrounds this story is...inherently, wearing those shirts says nothing to me, as with you, but...just, but...

I hear ya. I honestly think it was either meaningless or strategic. As a parent you either wouldn't be concerned about clothing choices or you'd want to advertise alternative contact info to anyone hesitant to communicate with LE.

I was shocked to see them both back at work. I'm not being critical. There was just something final or nonchalant about them returning to work vs. out searching.

#2 or #4 but if #2 it is a distant acquaintance from the past. I am in Sherri's demographic and age group. Bangs have come and gone, she has kept hers through the years even when they were not popular or common. Sherri has a hairstyle that is similar and unique to a certain group. IMO

I hear ya. I honestly think it was either meaningless or strategic. As a parent you either wouldn't be concerned about clothing choices or you'd want to advertise alternative contact info to anyone hesitant to communicate with LE.

I was shocked to see them both back at work. I'm not being critical. There was just something final or nonchalant about them returning to work vs. out searching.
Mom said she was able to hold it together while she was at work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

All the credit goes to AceDetective. I just did a bit digging,

This is why I answer 9 and 10 on the poll - she left voluntarily and what comes next is the hoax. I wonder if there is any money and anonymous donor or if it's just another story.

Me too. I waver, though, thinking 9 and 10 intertwined from beginning.

edited to add: Of course, I'm open to other possibilities. How could I know for sure? I still have a little sense of Leanne Bearden. Maybe it IS similar, but won't have the same outcome.

There has never been an apparent urgency to this case. From calling off the search early on to not being concerned for public safety. LE either knows what's going on, or they literally have no idea. I don't think there's a grey area here.

After reading her wedding website I'm left with the impression that she'd been planning her dream wedding since at least 7th grade if not before. It's certainly possible that her friendships were dependent upon the guy she was with or that she lost touch with friends as a result of her divorce.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. But if her friendships tended to be situational and she was no longer employed by AT&T, had just moved to a home in BFE away from established relationships... I wonder if perhaps she felt isolated or if she had moved onto another set of friends....

Thanks for posting. I think you made it a step further than my addled brain. :-D

So it appears everyone is for the most part in 2 camps
Dead (whatever choice number) or alive by either running away or hoax....
Very interesting....
I think the dead group has the scale tipped but the hoax peeps are representing as well...

Can we get married in the Catholic Church if one of us is divorced?

This is why I'm thinking she never did live with him. One thought I had was if she married someone in the military - like someone in the Navy? They got married, he went off somewhere else, then she left him before he came back. I think the Church would be okay with that if everything was in order.

http://catholicweddinghelp.com/questions/divorce.htm

Yes. That happens a lot. I know there were many people who were deployed multiple times for a loonnnng many years. I think Marines especially tended to be deployed. And Army. But especially Marines are what I'm thinking about, for some reason.

There has never been an apparent urgency to this case. From calling off the search early on to not being concerned for public safety. LE either knows what's going on, or they literally have no idea. I don't think there's a grey area here.

The family and friends not searching and just hanging their hat on This ransom thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
That might be because I think it's ludicrous and ridiculous at this stage with no shred of kidnapping for ransom evidence but if this was my sister or daughter or spouse you'd never see me sleep...by day I'd be on foot searching every inch of the area and at night bombarding with sm. I'd be on talk shows and in papers...

Maybe the fairytale didn't turn out the way she planned...

This struck me from the FiL (from the last thread): "We also spend a lot of time with Keith, Sherri and the kids each week and are a very close family; we spent a week with them in early October, as we do every year, as that is the anniversary of their wedding."

I wouldn't want to spend every wedding anniversary with my in-laws.

Maybe she was escaping from always present in-laws ...

<modsnip> there is plenty of new news...

lmr posted an interesting link to an old website of Sherri's where she set up a crafts business:
https://web.archive.org/web/20081121001211/http://www.startfromscraps.com/meet_the_designer.htm

Based on that, I did some sleuthing and came up with an old wedding site of Sherri's:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120314003051/http://www.mywedding.com/papini

That wedding site has lots of information in it, especially on these two pages:
'Our story': https://web.archive.org/web/20090211081144/http://www.mywedding.com/papini/stories.html
Wedding blog: https://web.archive.org/web/20090210100542/http://www.mywedding.com/papini/blog.html

edit: well, I guess it's new information, and not 'news' actually.

I wouldn't be able to return to work until I'd searched every square inch of the town twice. Unless I knew that searching every square inch of the town twice was fruitless for whatever reason.

I'm not being critical. I just think LE and her family know a lot more...

First time poster - long time lurker...I am so floored with all of your sleuthing. You ROCK!!! Here's my
question - what could possibly be gained with this being a hoax? I'm not saying it's not, but I don't
understand what the outcome could be if this indeed a hoax???

Welcome :) Glad to have you
With regards to your question, what could be gained with this being a hoax. It's my opinion that these types of cases, the ones we find out are a "hoax" relate to mental, or emotional issues that are overlooked, untreated, or undiagnosed and lead to desperate or rebellious actions. I tend to think this situation happens more often within the 13-18 age range, and not so much in adulthood, but not to say it doesn't. Possible gains for doing this could be attention from your parents/family, boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife, sympathy from the same people possibly in hopes to minimize another situation or issue. If this were a hoax, I would not think it would be for monetary gain. I will leave it at that. Oh and just to clarify I don't have any professional experience in this matter, just providing my opinion from my personal experiences, and cases I have followed.

I don't have a case to reference readily available but will look to find one and add once I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; deceased
.3. Abducted by person unknown to her; alive
.4. Abducted by person unknown to her; deceased
.5. Murdered by person known to her; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver hid body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns
15. None of the above; explain below

Select one or more, mix or match, solve this possible crime!

#5 is #2 with an additional detail.

I am 80% #2, 0% 7-15, and consider #1 and #3 possible but unlikely, #4 more likely than 1 or 3.

If #2 is correct, I am 75%-25% on #5, with the 75% leaning toward the jog being a red herring.

This struck me from the FiL (from the last thread): "We also spend a lot of time with Keith, Sherri and the kids each week and are a very close family; we spent a week with them in early October, as we do every year, as that is the anniversary of their wedding."

I wouldn't want to spend every wedding anniversary with my in-laws.

Maybe she was escaping from always present in-laws ...

We're on the same page... And I suspect they were financially dependent upon her ever present in-laws. Which would only compound the situation.

ADMIN NOTE: All quoted material should include a link to the source.

Thank you.

Bessie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members