Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a direct link to the sheriff's comments regarding prior calls? My first thought is that it would confirm there was someone with motive to get back at SP & KP. They could have called to report a break-in, trouble with a neighbor, being followed, someone harassing SP, etc.. It may not have been recent, but if someone were named, it could definitely supply motive. Watching KP, I believe his emotions are genuine. But I also think he feels tremendous guilt. At first, I thought it was logical because he may feel as her husband that he should've been there more, worked less hours, listened to her concerns of someone being "creepy"? But rewatching the interviews, I think the guilt is because the real target may have been him and SP was taken to settle some kind of score. When he talks about bringing her back, it's as though he is talking directly to someone he knows. All MOO. But I definitely DO NOT think there was any domestic abuse. SP is a strong, educated woman with a supportive family. She would not have left her children behind. As for the wedding, we don't know a lot about her first marriage. Maybe she eloped and always dreamed of a big wedding. She could've paid for it on her own, but if her parents did, that shows even more support.

Going off the post you quoted, what information do we have that the husband works a low paying, hourly job? I posted salary info showing that his job title can earn upwards of 50k when it's a salaried position. Do we have any info as to his income and any financial issues they may have been having?

As to the joint social media, that is a trend now among certain fundamentalist Christians.

http://intentionalbygrace.com/why-my-husband-and-i-share-a-facebook-account/
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/09/05/christian-couples-staying-faithful-on-facebook-twitter.html
http://agodlymarriageinanungodlyworld.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-truth-about-combined-facebook.html
http://www.charismamag.com/life/men/17812-10-ways-to-handle-social-media-in-your-marriage
http://biblicalwoman.com/have-you-facebook-proofed-your-marriage/

It seems exhausting to me to be this concerned about your spouse but, there it is.

Police in Anderson arrested a 29-year-old man who they believe is connected with several recent reports concerning a Hispanic man following women.

Carlos Edwardo Acosta, of San Pablo, was arrested around 4 o’clock this morning.

In the past week, two women had reported being followed by what they described as a “weird” man driving what was described as a black Crown Victoria sedan, police said, adding that one of the women reported being followed from the Anderson Walmart to the Shasta Outlets
Police said another woman said she was followed and chased through Anderson and through the McDonald’s restaurant in Anderson.

Through computer records, police were able to determine that Acosta lives in San Pablo. Police also were able to determine the license plate number of the suspected vehicle, which turned out to be a 2003 Mercury Marauder, a sedan that looks very similar to a Crown Victoria.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Police-arrest-alleged-stalker-in-Anderson-402271095.html

-AND-

Campus Safety Emergency Alerts

To the Campus Community,
November 13, 2016 Timely Warning

In Compliance with the Timely Warning notification provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics of 1998, the Shasta College Campus Safety Department is giving notice of a potential act of violence. Information has been provided that, near the East parking area of Shasta College Main Campus, 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding California. The fore mentioned subject has approached the reporting party on different occasions indicating a request for the reporting party to enter a vehicle. The reporting party has also been approached in person around the 800 building. Shasta College Campus Safety is initiating this release based on information that supports a potential act of Stalking.

The Redding Police Department is currently investigating the information.

The subject is described as a Hispanic male, 35 to 40 years old, 5’ 5-6, 160 to 180 Ibs, dark hair. The Hispanic male was driving a black Honda Civic, with silver, after market rims.
http://www.shastacollege.edu/Administrative Services/Security/Pages/ALERTS.aspx

Bringing over to the new thread for discussion.

Whoa! This is a pretty small town. Seems likely that two Hispanic male stalker types are the same person, right? So scary. Is there any more info?

ETA: I;m sure they're looking to see if any of the vehicles listed match ones seen on surveillance in the area around the times Sherri went missing. Can someone map how close these locations all are to one another?

Fugue state?

Rare but possible. It does happen. I compiled a list once. I think it was mostly men but a few females.

I have a question for all the experienced sleuthers. Is it normal for the police to not give the public much info. For instance, daycare pick up routine and such? I can fully understand why they wouldn't say much but I wonder if law enforcement seems unusually tight lipped about this particular case?

It is absolutely normal. In my experience it's actually rare for them to give out much info at all.

Wow, thread #7! Where's the stagehand with the list? I think I'm ready to weigh in. Every case where I think I know what happened, however, I am wrong. I was WAY wrong about what happened to KB and Charlie David Carver... :facepalm:

You know who has been right about pretty much every case? OceanBlueEyes. Wonder what she thinks.

Yes...yes...yes! And Yes!
We have example after example on WS of searches that transpired where searchers walked within inches of a victim and didn't see/find them. Mother nature embraces earthly remains and makes them very difficult to see.

Steelman and I have both provided maps of the areas we are interested in, and they overlap. My exception is that I have strongly encouraged the search of the cement quarry area.

But yes. More searches would be highly advisable, IMO.

The quarry area is what I was thinking too - somewhere in that direction, between the quarry and the water.

I noticed that SP's Photobucket pictures are no longer accessible. I'm wondering why??

I tried to make a map of where Sherri was reportedly last seen, the area of the campus where someone was accosted, the area where two women were stalked and followed, qwehre a suspect was arrsted and Tehama county where he has outstanding warrants. Hope it worked: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sun...9!2m2!1d-122.174605!2d40.0982197!3e0?hl=en-US

It's only six miles from Sherri's home to the college where a gal was accosted. Then it's another 17 miles to the outlets area where two women were stalked.

Wow, thread #7! Where's the stagehand with the list? I think I'm ready to weigh in. Every case where I think I know what happened, however, I am wrong. I was WAY wrong about what happened to KB and Charlie David Carver... :facepalm:

Me too. I was convinced it was kudzu or water.

You know who has been right about pretty much every case? OceanBlueEyes. Wonder what she thinks.

Did she call the McStay case correctly? I'm not often stumped, but that one was very difficult to piece together.

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; deceased
.3. Abducted by person unknown to her; alive
.4. Abducted by person unknown to her; deceased
.5. Murdered by person known to her; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver hid body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns
15. None of the above; explain below

Select one or more, mix or match, solve this possible crime!

Scroll back in the last thread. I'm pretty sure she weighed in but I can't remember what she wrote.

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns

5 or 10

Scroll back in the last thread. I'm pretty sure she weighed in but I can't remember what she wrote.

She weighed in on thread 6: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-6&p=12948609#post12948609

Oceanblueeyes, I don't know if you are still following SP but your thoughts are exactly my thoughts. I think she was abducted by someone unknown to her, it took seconds to pull her into their vehicle and she is no longer alive. :( Abductions where the person is kept alive are extremely rare. I wish I felt she was still alive but that will be a miracle. As I said, I could be wrong. I just don't see any evidence of someone she knows being a suspect or past behavior that would make her suicidal or voluntary missing.

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns

Okay... I've grouped them:

2 or 5, but the jog might not be a red herring. If she was murdered I don't think it happened at home though.

10, with 9 as a possible ending. (Like Racheal Mattice)

7, body in area that has been or should have been searched already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur