Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for all the experienced sleuthers. Is it normal for the police to not give the public much info. For instance, daycare pick up routine and such? I can fully understand why they wouldn't say much but I wonder if law enforcement seems unusually tight lipped about this particular case?
I would say it's fairly typical for the police to play their cards close to their chests, it does seem to vary county to county and state to state but on the whole, they know more than us and often only release information that will allow them to advance their case by asking the general population to come forward as witnesses, etc. For sure LE has access to the full repertoire of CCTV, criminal backgrounds and all the scene clues presented BUT sometimes us sleuthers can seem to have the upper hand by the sheer number of people poking around and in the leaps their creative minds take in thinking about motive and connections.

For the record, I've not been following this one too closely (as for heaven's sake people: 7 THREADS!!!) and I'm not really ready to have an opinion on what went down...so I wish LE would drop a hint or two :)

I am the only one keeping #9 (hoax) on my list?

Explain what you mean when you say you think it could be a hoax, please. Does this mean you think her family knows where she is and they are acting like she is missing? For what reason? How would they pull something like this off for so long with LE actively investigating? I'm very curious what "hoax" means as I've seen a lot of people put this as one of their top options.

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; deceased
.3. Abducted by person unknown to her; alive
.4. Abducted by person unknown to her; deceased
.5. Murdered by person known to her; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver hid body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns
15. None of the above; explain below

Select one or more, mix or match, solve this possible crime!

Still a solid 5.

Here's a wayback link to a screenshot of of startfromscraps.com, from 11/21/2008 . The website is no longer running. Looks like it was a home business that Sherri started. Gives lots of details about her.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081121001211/http://www.startfromscraps.com/meet_the_design er.htm

I see that she mentions owning 2 dogs on this site. That was before she was married. Did anyone see mention of a dog that they have now?

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns

I'm going with number 4.

This definitely feels like a number 4. :(

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns

#10 No doubt.

Did she call the McStay case correctly? I'm not often stumped, but that one was very difficult to piece together.

Thanks all for finding the post by OBE. Okay, I looked for her opinion on the McStay case and interestingly, I posted right after her. I was right on that one and she was a tiny bit off! Lol. We both felt the evidence showed they were forced to leave, rather than voluntarily. She felt it was by someone they didn't know or didn't know well, and I thought by someone they knew well. But I can tell you that she has been right on pretty much every other case I've seen her post about and I have not. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?227501-What-happened-to-the-McStay-family

attachment.php

Thank you!

Here's a wayback link to a screenshot of of startfromscraps.com, from 11/21/2008 . The website is no longer running. Looks like it was a home business that Sherri started. Gives lots of details about her.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081121001211/http://www.startfromscraps.com/meet_the_designer.htm

Interesting. I wondered if they had pets. Wonder if they still do? I notice a lot of people run with their pets. Sometimes I wish I had a dog because I feel I might walk or run more. Ha. I see jogging wasn't a hobby but yoga was. That would explain her yoga pins on Pinterest.... as I already assumed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm echoing what some others have said but find it striking (not necessarily suspicious, but striking):
1) Lack of detail on what SP did the day of her disappearance in terms of a timeline. Did she drive anywhere, shop anywhere, go to the preschool for drop off, etc. and when? Normally in missing person cases this is detailed by the family, LE, and/or the local media. Here....pretty much nada. This stuff could be relevant because as someone pointed out last threat sometimes perpetrators select their target at the grocery store, etc. (for instance the Petit family killers).

2) Lack of biographical data in general on SP. What's her work background/history, where did she go to college if she did, when did she and KP move back to Redding if indeed they did live somewhere else before, etc. Has she always lived in No. California? She's 34 so has a lot of adult life behind her. Goes to the question of could this be connected to someone from her past targeting her. Again as in 1) above, it's all very hazy....... I understand LE playing things close but usually a missing person's family is more forthcoming or the local media actually does some investigative reporting to paint a fuller picture of the circumstances of a disappearance.

Well, unofficially, looking at the Possibilities poll, we either think she's dead or alive but definitely not being held by an abductor; if alive, there's a groundswell fthat there's been chicanery of one sort or another -- a misrepresenting of circumstances. We don't trust officialdom overmuch, either, and psychologically prefer to keep or eliminate our own suspects, thanks much. Everyone hopes, of course, everything will work out for the best. But we thumb our noses at peripheral issues and wish them not to be as they seem.

Add me into the crowd that thinks it's a #4 (4. Abducted by person unknown to her; deceased).

Well, unofficially, looking at the Possibilities poll, we either think she's dead or alive but definitely not being held by an abductor; if alive, there's a groundswell fthat there's been chicanery of one sort or another -- a misrepresenting of circumstances. We don't trust officialdom overmuch, either, and psychologically prefer to keep or eliminate our own suspects, thanks much. Everyone hopes, of course, everything will work out for the best. But we thumb our noses at peripheral issues and wish them not to be as they seem.

Meaning?

Set 'em up, barkeep.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns

Unfortunately, I am still sticking with #4 :( Praying she is brought home. Her poor family is suffering so much.

I've seen a couple of references to Sherri being an educated woman. I assume this would mean they believe she has a degree...but I haven't seen any information about her attending college. Not trying to say anything negative, but curious if she indeed attend college and where, as it would provide some background and might fill in some of those details about her young adult life.

I'm going with #4. I think kidnap, rape, killed all within a matter of a short time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur