Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, since the "ransom offer" letter has been updated yet again, I thought I'd point out that the Spanish-language version of it still has the original, different phone number to call the "negotiator." Ugh.

http://sherripapini.com/letter_ES/

edited to add: It doesn't appear to have been changed at all, as it doesn't match subsequent translations of the English version.

Not me. If I had the means to do so, this is *exactly* what I would do too. The Sherriff isn't even definitively stating she has been taken against her will, has called off all searches...what is the family to do? Wait until they identify her in the morgue?! I applaud them for doing everything humanly possible to bring their loved one home. I'd do it too.
Best guess is they called it off based upon information they gathered that they are not releasing and the family doesn't want released or of embarrassed etc. They didn't stop searching because they want to. They did it because their resources are probably limited and whatever they found makes them think it's not warranted

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SP's cell phone and earbuds were found on the ground by a crossroads with a distinct landmark (the mailboxes).

If she wanted to run away - and like all other possibilities I have not ruled this out - could she have arranged for someone to meet here there, get into the car, then toss out the cell phone with earbuds out the car window before taking off?

I just think this is a little strange she disappeared at a crossroads is all.
Maybe it's metaphorical...she was at a crossroads in life....

Interestingly, (someone) used the same numbers when he declared Sherri's husband was cleared:

'We recognize that in 80% of the disappearance cases the spouse is responsible,' he said. 'But conversely, that means in 20% of the cases the spouse is not involved. This case falls into the latter category.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-passing-lie-detector-test.html#ixzz4QrE3N72M

ETA: LA Times has the same quote and makes it clearer, IMO it is a relative who said it: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...i-husband-missing-redding-20161110-story.html

Still interesting those number were used....:thinking:

They got it wrong. 80% of the time the victim *knows* the Perp. 30% of the time it is the spouse/significant other.

Best guess is they called it off based upon information they gathered that they are not releasing and the family doesn't want released or of embarrassed etc. They didn't stop searching because they want to. They did it because their resources are probably limited and whatever they found makes them think it's not warranted

Understood, and very logical. That being said, if this were my daughter missing, I wouldn't count on LE being right. I'd do what my gut told me. I think that is what they are doing, and I can understand that.

They got it wrong. 80% of the time the victim *knows* the Perp. 30% of the time it is the spouse/significant other.

Here's the link for much more recent statistics on homicides.
2016NCVRW_6_Homicide_thb.jpg

https://ovc.ncjrs.gov/ncvrw2016/content/section-6/PDF/2016NCVRW_6_Homicide-508.pdf

I know....but someone would be bored by my
Slow cooker
House
Dogs
Super Bowl party
Room mom ideas
Kids parties

Etc.....

I need to start throwing in some interesting stuff so it coincides with my WS googling lol...give some consistency for LE if I go poof

I just looked at mine with a critical eye and damn, it would be so obvious who I am and there are a few clues to where I would go. Time to start adding pins about Websleuths, hitchhiking, serial killers, and cults.

Maybe it's metaphorical...she was at a crossroads in life....

Yeah! I mentioned the significance of the crossroads yesterday. Interesting that it was Sunrise Dr. Something happened there, either a bad end, or a moment of resolve if she went off on her own.

Has anyone figured out why this gal left her job? Might fill in a few blanks...

I was thinking last night how I felt when I could no longer work(due to illness)....I had always worked since graduating from high school, always had my own money, insurance etc....When that was taken away from me I became severely depressed.....If I am not mistaken Sherri was not working for whatever reason, could she have been somewhat depressed about the loss of her job?

In reading her Pinterest posts , to me, her life seemed somewhat empty and that she had lost her sense of self...probably wrong....

There just seems to be sadness behind Sherri's big bright smile....

I thought the phone was actually found off of Old Oregon Trail, some many yards away from the maiboxes on Sunrise at Old Oregon Trail.

How do we know searches are not continuing? I've followed a lot of cases that didn't get 1/4 of the media coverage Sherri Papini's case has gotten so far and the family of those missing persons continue to search/LE continues to track down leads even though the media is not covering them. Did I miss a media announcement that the family stopped searching?
http://www.redding.com/news/local/S...Sherri-Papini-search--400291581.html?d=mobile

Days combing the woods have turned up little to nothing in the way of clues, so the family of missing woman Sherri Papini is refocusing its efforts to a news and social media campaign aimed at finding the 34-year-old mother they believe is likely out of the area by now.

"I think we exhausted the resources that we have out here to search for her," said Sheila Koester, Papini's sister. "We are trying to reach out to national news and social media networks ... We feel that it's moved to where she's been taken from this area, and everyone in the nation needs to be looking."

From 2 weeks ago...November 7th and posted in earlier threads.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Okay, since the "ransom offer" letter has been updated yet again, I thought I'd point out that the Spanish-language version of it still has the original, different phone number to call the "negotiator." Ugh.

http://sherripapini.com/letter_ES/

edited to add: It doesn't appear to have been changed at all, as it doesn't match subsequent translations of the English version.

There's a Spanish version? Are there other language versions too?

I think the website isn't displaying correctly on my phone, all I see when I go to the main page is a video and a list of news articles.

Understood, and very logical. That being said, if this were my daughter missing, I wouldn't count on LE being right. I'd do what my gut told me. I think that is what they are doing, and I can understand that.
Yes except if LE showed you email and phone etc trails leading to a voluntary leaving, chances are you would have to accept she left voluntarily. They aren't accepting it, but are seemingly using a public forum aimed at a specific person to get her to come home.
I think one of the reasons they went out of state would be to talk to someone she was corresponding with via phone or email.

Yes, that link is directly to the Spanish-language version, which seems to have been overlooked during most or all of the updates and changes to other important information--including the changing deadlines.

There's a Spanish version? Are there other language versions too?

I think the website isn't displaying correctly on my phone, all I see when I go to the main page is a video and a list of news articles.

It makes sense though. Someone stopped at a crosswalk wouldn't attract the attention that one stopped at the side of the road would. They could stop as though to turn or just for the stop sign without seeming suspicious.

SP's cell phone and earbuds were found on the ground by a crossroads with a distinct landmark (the mailboxes).

If she wanted to run away - and like all other possibilities I have not ruled this out - could she have arranged for someone to meet here there, get into the car, then toss out the cell phone with earbuds out the car window before taking off?

I just think this is a little strange she disappeared at a crossroads is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx