Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who saw the balloon release at the Turkey Trot this morning and heard the poem Keith wrote to Sherri, do you feel like that was a bit too coincidental? I still don't understand why it was recited.

Of course. Like I said before, it turned out to be a perfect Thanksgiving Day "miracle."

Did she intentionally go missing to raise money for herself? Go fund me..etc?

Short Quiz

So, all: what question in particular do you have about this case and would ask at the press conference? ________________________________________________ fill in the blank

Who was she with?

Of course. Like I said before, it turned out to be a perfect Thanksgiving Day "miracle."
For a while I was fixated on this being so similar to a Hallmark movie. I told my husband to expect a Thanksgiving Day miracle. But I have cared and am glad she's safe. Just curious. 🤔

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think others missed your sarcasm. :)

I wondered if it was; I've been running in similar lines to Dex most of the time! But I thought it was worth the rebuff in case it either wasn't, or in case others thought it wasn't!

Phew. One less madness in the world tonight [emoji23]

Would the Major Crimes Division be investigating this if she left voluntarily? I don't believe so.

Until they know for sure what happened, they have to investigate. And what if she is making statements about an abduction? Whether true or not, they have to investigate. Like the runaway bride case.

So -- how much will we be told about what really transpired? She's back, she's safe; are we owed a detailed explanation?

They never gave us an explanation in a few cases like Ivy Merck's where the person was found safe and no abduction was involved. Just asked for privacy and that was it.

So, we don't know for sure yet, but here is the narrative I have had in mind....

Sherri is at home wrapping her Christmas presents and becomes overwhelmed. She just doesn't want to do this anymore. She decides to go far a walk.

On her walk she decides she just has to get away. She needs some time alone. She decides to head into the woods. She tosses her phone so nobody will follow.

And then... she just keeps walking.

I have to wonder, though, where was she staying? I sure hope some old friend isn't in big trouble for helping her.

---

There's always been this nagging feeling, though, that it could have been planned and a friend could have picked her up from the house. But why would she be wrapping presents if she expected a friend to pick her up? It seems highly unlikely.

In cases of voluntary missing people, later found safe, I can't imagine how they do it. How do they get away without anyone seeing them on camera? How do they survive without using a bank card or credit card? Where do they go and blend in without anyone noticing them? How do they survive? It baffles me.

Like this lady: http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/pennsylvania-woman-reappears/

Or this man: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/eric-myers-dead-gay-shocked-family_n_3646397.html

Or Ivy Merck: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?183269-GA-Ivy-Merck-24-Kingsland-August-2012-1

Who appears to have gotten married!! https://www.theknot.com/us/ivy-merck-and-michael-burns-jun-2016

Short Quiz

So, all: what question in particular do you have about this case and would ask at the press conference? ________________________________________________ fill in the blank

What happens to the reward/ransom money? Will you be tracking this? Watching accounts? Will there be an ongoing investigation to see if some level of fraud has been committed?

I'd ask: Why was the pillow partially wrapped?
After all, we spent a LOT of time speculating about that.

I'm afraid they won't be telling us much during the presser. I hope I'm wrong!

I'm afraid they won't be telling us much during the presser. I hope I'm wrong!

I agree, but IF this was an abduction, I'd like to know if it was targeted or random and do they know who it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member