Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad she was found alive but...SMH. Something stinks to high heaven.

I"m truly so disappointed to see so many who come here to help, be so quick to ridicule and point fingers.
She was just found. Would you prefer that she be found dead? Would everyone feel better because they knew that's what the outcome would be. Let's truly be thankful that she was found, for whatever reason, for the sake of the two children who now, will not be without a mommy. So disappointed in this thread.

I am also disappointed in all the negative comments and lol's that I have seen here. This is a person who may have been through something horrific. It's a shame people have to be so negative. Whatever the situation she is home now and has a lot of healing to do.

Sherri's safe return is making news everywhere - here in New Zealand, included:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...found-bound-and-dumped-on-california-roadside

I'd like to think that this story won't just fade away without us ever knowing what really happened, but given that the disappearance of Karen Ristevski and William Tyrrell have pretty much done that (unless anything new crops up), I'm not so sure.

I don't think we'll ever really know. LE and the family will request "privacy" in this time of family difficulty. Nothing will become of the two "Hispanic Females". The family achieved their goal of getting Sherri back where they think she belongs and will no longer be interested in the public knowing anything.

I actually feel sorry for Sherri. Not because she was abducted by "two Hispanic females", but because she lost her bid for freedom.

The founder was not Keith Papini. Which was my point. But then again, I don't really know how works and who can have control of the page or whether authorization powers can be switched to others.

I don't know how it works either.

This to me is a very sad case...Just putting together what we know as far as how perfect everyone thought she was, the pressure she put on herself to be the All American Girl, the patriotism, the creating the perfect life for her family. I really feel that this was a mental snap.

It seems to me that part way through wrapping that present it all got too much. The reality vs the dream. I think she went for a jog to clear her head and that was it, she just kept jogging, tossed her phone in a fit of rage or breakdown hence the hair caught in the ear buds. Maybe she just needed to hear from keith, and when he didn't text her back that may have pushed her over the edge.

With all the publicity etc I feel that she had to make the decision to come home but couldn't just walk in the door. There was also no way that she could blend into any community having her face all over TV. I also don't think she intended to keep running and had not planned that far in advance. The idea of getting away from everything seems reasonable at the time, but the reality is very different.

I really feel that they knew where she ran to but just couldn't believe that she would do it. The image someone portrays to their family and friends is sometimes very different to how they are really feeling.

I think the return has been cooked up and she is now trying to save face. I really feel for her.

I don't think we'll ever really know. LE and the family will request "privacy" in this time of family difficulty. Nothing will become of the two "Hispanic Females". The family achieved their goal of getting Sherri back where they think she belongs and will no longer be interested in the public knowing anything.

I actually feel sorry for Sherri. Not because she was abducted by "two Hispanic females", but because she lost her bid for freedom.
That's really an interesting take on the matter, CharlestonGal. Well-said.

I think at the very least it should state that she's been found. Read the comments of the last donor. It's possible that the Stated Objective of the Campaign will change now that the Original Objective has been met. KP's sister is in charge of the funds

Yes, I imagine $50,000 would help the family "move forward". I'm not sure how I feel about changing the objective after the fact. That's not why folks donated.

But who am I to judge...

If she did leave on her own accord could the family have suspected but the only way to get help to find her was to call it an abduction?

"She lost her bid for freedom."

Can you explain what you mean by that? I don't want to assume you're implying that this was her chance to break free, because there are certainly much healthier ways to accomplish that goal.

My thoughts exactly....If her abduction turns out to be false , whatever or whoever caused her to go away is still there......

I feel sorry for Sherri to.....May she find peace....

"She lost her bid for freedom."

Can you explain what you mean by that? I don't want to assume you're implying that this was her chance to break free, because there are certainly much healthier ways to accomplish that goal.

No, unfortunately I cannot explain what I mean by that. WS is a victim friendly forum; as such, I can't go there. Sorry.

I really think we should not judge SP until the whole truth comes out. Regardless of some of the things that may seem "fishy" there is still a chance that this woman has survived a great deal of trauma and should have the respect until proven otherwise.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Dear Websleuths Members,

It is disappointing to see posters gleeful that they believe now that Sherri Papini has been found alive her story was false.

Sherri Papini is a human being going through hell right now. Doesn't matter if her story is true or not. She is going through an absolute living hell and so is her family.

What if Sherri was brought to your home, you had to tell her your real name, and then you say those things to her face. Changes things a bit doesn't it?

It easy to say things when you are behind a computer screen. You must remember that loved ones read here. You are saying these things to their faces. I wouldn't be surprised if Sherri herself comes here at some point.

If you do not believe she was kidnapped that is your opinion. You may even express your opinion on Websleuths but I WILL NOT ALLOW anyone to be rude, unkind, flippant, sarcastic or just plain mean.

Thankfully SillyBilly has been doing a great job so most of you are not see these posts.

No matter what happens, no matter what the truth turns out to be, Sherri Papini needs help.

Here is an example. We have many people pointing to the fact that Sherri's is still up. If Sherri was my loved one the LAST thing I would think about is a GoFundMePage. It could be as simple as that.

Please be respectful in your opinions.

You may question the evidence in a polite manner.

Time outs are being issued as we speak.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

What Kate93 said.
Thank you.

I really think we should not judge SP until the whole truth comes out. Regardless of some of the things that may seem "fishy" there is still a chance that this woman has survived a great deal of trauma and should have the respect until proven otherwise.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

This is the most buzzard missing person case. None of the "facts" make sense and I'm left with more questions. Glad she is home and hope the family will heal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Officers received information about 4:30 a.m that Sherri was found. The balloon release was 8am.
The family would have known by then that she was found.

Not necessarily. The family COULD have known by then. They also may not have been notified yet. Maybe she asked not to contact them yet. Maybe they wanted to wait for certain things to be done, etc.

but because she lost her bid for freedom.

When you have two small children, you don't get a "bid for freedom".

I am so thankful and happy for Sherri's family that she is safely home, but this warrants some intervention (by family- whether that is mental health counseling, a parenting plan, etc) on the children's behalf. No mother has the right to walk away from her children.

How about we just wait and see what transpires and not make any pronouncements of what did or did not happen? Something troubling happened in this case -- whether it was a crime or not remains to be seen. The truth will come out, whatever it is, if it differs than what has been relayed by police so far.

Just be thankful for her little kids and husband, who would have been devastated had she never come home. Everything else will get sorted out by the authorities in due time.

You are so right, Especially on this day.

I am really thankful this lady is alive...especially for her kids. We don't have many happy endings as sleuthers.

You always bring it back to what matters.

I'm glad some people here still have a voice of reason because mine seems to be broken right now. I'll try though. My brain is telling me, "no way this is legit..." and I hope I'm right because in a nasty world I'd prefer someone to fake their own abduction than actually be abducted.
~if SP left and appeared on her own, I hope she and her family will get much needed help
~if people abducted her and she was able to free herself from them, I hope they will be found and justice will be swift
In the spirit of wanting to know why people tick, I hope more details will surface and this won't be swept under the rug (and also, many people here have spent hours hoping, praying, thinking of this woman so closure would be nice).

Great post.

I"m truly so disappointed to see so many who come here to help, be so quick to ridicule and point fingers.
She was just found. Would you prefer that she be found dead? Would everyone feel better because they knew that's what the outcome would be. Let's truly be thankful that she was found, for whatever reason, for the sake of the two children who now, will not be without a mommy. So disappointed in this thread.

You make great points. We don;t know what happened and this is a site for people who want to help, not hurt.

But, I understand why people may be angry or accusatory right now. I have my misgivings. When things don't seem right, people who vested a lot of time and concern in a case can feel betrayed. And if there are some moral issues with a victim, that can affect how people feel. But nothing is know except she's alive and her family no longer have to suffer.

Officers received information about 4:30 a.m that Sherri was found. The balloon release was 8am.
The family would have known by then that she was found.

Yes but they weren''t at the balloon release, were they? I think they might be too overwhelmed at that time to contact whoever read the poem or anyone else who wasn;t family to let them know what was happening And LE might have told them not to say anything yet.
Sounds like a total stunt. To fuel the AltRight. To vilify latinos. With a totally "American" Thanksgiving/safe-return. Couldn't have been better timed.

Anyone who would do such a thing would have to be extremely mentally disturbed. Are people with mental problems deserving of our compassion? Or if they have moral failings does that mitigate that compassion? I think everyone has to decide that for themselves.

Lest we forget, the Cleveland kidnappings, the woman recently found in South Carolina held by a serial killer, Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard. I completely agree.

Yes. But not one was actually freed by her captor.

If there are doubts around Sherri's statement why did the police choose to release it to the press? They could have waited until they collect all the details, composite sketches-etc.

Because it would get out quickly that she had been found and then there would be tons of questions. Also, they may have reasons to want to calm someone and not put them on the defensive so they can get more info.

We keep on seeing these tragic events happen while women are jogging alone, yet women keep doing it. I mean join a fricking planet fitness, its 10 bucks a month. Or go with a friend or another person, not saying it can't happen but most abductors look for people who are alone as its easier plus no witness.

I jog alone a lot. A gym is soul crushing. I need the solitude to be sane. There are various ways to remain safe and the risk is extremely low. I have a better chance of getting bitten by a rattlesnake. I refuse to take the joy out of my life because there may be some risk. Be prepared, know how to defend yourself, don't be a victim and then... don;t be afraid to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB