Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!I
was thinking just the same thing!!
And that was another kidnapping for the record books *and in California, **and another attractive young blonde woman.

LE came RIGHT OUT and called it a Hoax right after she was found alive, 5 days after being reported kidnapping.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Vallejo-police-to-release-more-information-in-6155063.php

Later, they found evidence that she was actually kidnapped, her kidnapper is in jail and they're both (the kidnapping victim, and her boyfriend) suing the Vallejo PD. Oddest kidnapping story evah! I could never have guessed the ending...

something was always fishy with that story...

Thank you! Yes a very fishy story, but I do believe she was kidnapped.

'Gone Girl' Kidnapping in CA Wasn't a Hoax, New Evidence Reveals

In March, a Vallejo woman was kidnapped, held for ransom, and then released in Huntington Beach. Her boyfriend, who was with her at the time of the kidnapping, had been drugged and tied up, unable to do anything. Police were sure that the couple had cooked up the kidnapping scheme themselves, but new evidence makes it clear that the attack was very, very real and that the police owe Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn an apology.

http://jezebel.com/gone-girl-kidnapping-in-ca-wasnt-a-hoax-new-evidence-r-1717748433

I understood it to mean monetary, so maybe I misunderstood anyway?

What I mean by my response is, the goal is to get Sherri back and she is back, so since she is back, there isn't any reason to reach any more monetary goals, so I don't understand why that site is still up.

IMOO.

Bail?

I'm sure they're distracted with having her home, the main reason I question why it's still up is that they were quick to take down the webpages they created to help find her today. I would think you'd take down the page while you're at it.

It seems like it would be consistent for sure. But, who knows who is in charge of all the pages? I don't. And I don't really put much meaning into it.

How so? In that case, LE didn't believe her story. And she was only held for two days. In fact, maybe it's because of that case that LE is responding in the manner they are.

Only held for 2 days ? I'm sure it felt like a lifetime for the victim.

The L.A. Times reports that both Huskins’ and Quinn’s lawyers are outraged that the police never took the case seriously and even threatened both partners with criminal charges when they believed that the case was a hoax. It’s true that the kidnapping did seem farfetched—and not outside of the Amy Dunn wheelhouse—but just because something isn’t easy to explain doesn’t mean it’s not true.

http://jezebel.com/gone-girl-kidnapping-in-ca-wasnt-a-hoax-new-evidence-r-1717748433

Regarding the still being there... (just some perspective):

In January of this year an extended family member of mine was murdered. Her brother in law asked me to set up a fund to help her husband and children with relocation expenses since they lived out of town and they needed to be close to family to help them get through it. With all the initial shock, being with family (and away from the computer), LE activity and funeral plans, the account was literally ignored for several days.

In this case, the account is in Sherri's husband's name and I can only imagine logging on and dealing with is the last thing on his mind right now. I really wouldn't read anything into it. Although, I will say, in my case, the family of the man who murdered my extended family member sure had a good time on SM mocking the family for even having the account in the first place.

So very sorry for your loss. How incredibly cruel to mock!!!! Beyond cruel!

I think 'hoax, mixed with a sprinkling of craving some excitement and fulfillment elsewhere'

I am a skeptic, as I think most are here on WS, so when something like this happens I think it's only fair (and totally reasonable and SMART) to question it.

Yes. There isn't one of us who isn't thrilled that she is safe, but 3 weeks have gone by, during which many of us have wracked our brains, worried and prayed. Once the initial shock passed that she was found, naturally we started asking questions ... that's what we do. We follow LOTS of cases, sometimes we think we've seen it all. This whole thing has felt bizarre from the beginning and today was a total shock to me. Asking questions and making pieces fit is what we try to do. I especially dislike being told "to ignore that man behind the curtain" ... don't look too closely ... don't ask that question. Empathy and compassion? Absolutely. But I have a few questions, as well.

Marinthinker, the page *has* been changed since the 17 day old update you mentioned - after the 12th of Nov. Not sure why that change wasn't shown as an update.

I know it's changed. I think updates are not automatic and must be authored by the "founder".

I"m truly so disappointed to see so many who come here to help, be so quick to ridicule and point fingers.
She was just found. Would you prefer that she be found dead? Would everyone feel better because they knew that's what the outcome would be. Let's truly be thankful that she was found, for whatever reason, for the sake of the two children who now, will not be without a mommy. So disappointed in this thread.

I believe that one can be (as I am) truly thankful and simultaneously skeptical. But that is just my humble opinion, one of many.

The founder was not Keith Papini. Which was my point. But then again, I don't really know how works and who can have control of the page or whether authorization powers can be switched to others.

I"m truly so disappointed to see so many who come here to help, be so quick to ridicule and point fingers.
She was just found. Would you prefer that she be found dead? Would everyone feel better because they knew that's what the outcome would be. Let's truly be thankful that she was found, for whatever reason, for the sake of the two children who now, will not be without a mommy. So disappointed in this thread.

You're right. I think I know why fingers are pointing. But we don't know enough to say what happened and why. But I guess the question is if a victim has character deficits is empathy no longer justified. Regardless, I'm going to examine my reaction based on your post.

Wow. That's all I got.

And I don't buy it for a second...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I just watched the sheriff's press conference. He's not buying any of this for a minute. It's starting to make sense why he didn't bothering searching the local area for more than a few days.

I hope her kids remain with Keith's parents for a while.

Sherri's safe return is making news everywhere - here in New Zealand, included:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...found-bound-and-dumped-on-california-roadside

I'd like to think that this story won't just fade away without us ever knowing what really happened, but given that the disappearance of Karen Ristevski and William Tyrrell have pretty much done that (unless anything new crops up), I'm not so sure.

I understood it to mean monetary, so maybe I misunderstood anyway?

What I mean by my response is, the goal is to get Sherri back and she is back, so since she is back, there isn't any reason to reach any more monetary goals, so I don't understand why that site is still up.

IMOO.

I think at the very least it should state that she's been found. Read the comments of the last donor. It's possible that the Stated Objective of the Campaign will change now that the Original Objective has been met. KP's sister is in charge of the funds

Yes! It was posted here on a previous thread. The link lead us to a story supposedly written and posted by SP in 2003. She spoke of her views about Latinos in America and discussed conflicts she had with some of them. I went back to the old thread and quite ironically the website is now for sale. I'm unable to find the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member