Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, unfortunately I cannot explain what I mean by that. WS is a victim friendly forum; as such, I can't go there. Sorry.

I think I understand.

But something troubles me. Why would it be understandable, acceptable even, for Sherri (or any woman) - IF SHE DID - to abandon her family in a bid for freedom, but Nicholas Francisco was a sick SOB for doing the same thing? "Why not just be honest and upfront and get a divorce like a normal person?!" I remember those threads. I can't berate one while giving a pass to another. Both scenarios stink are are incredibly hurtful.

When you have two small children, you don't get a "bid for freedom".

I am so thankful and happy for Sherri's family that she is safely home, but this warrants some intervention (by family- whether that is mental health counseling, a parenting plan, etc) on the children's behalf. No mother has the right to walk away from her children.

Well, it is not illegal for a parent to leave as long as their kids are safe with other parent. Men do it all the time.

I really think we should not judge SP until the whole truth comes out. Regardless of some of the things that may seem "fishy" there is still a chance that this woman has survived a great deal of trauma and should have the respect until proven otherwise.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I, personally, have nothing but respect for Mrs. Papini. I think she has been through extreme mental hardship in the past few weeks/months/years. I don't believe she has a devious or criminal bone in her body. I do believe she has been through trauma and hardship. I also believe that hardship has everything to do with the strange circumstances we see unfolding now. I do not judge her. I do think she needs a friend. A real one.

I"m truly so disappointed to see so many who come here to help, be so quick to ridicule and point fingers.
She was just found. Would you prefer that she be found dead? Would everyone feel better because they knew that's what the outcome would be. Let's truly be thankful that she was found, for whatever reason, for the sake of the two children who now, will not be without a mommy. So disappointed in this thread.

Dear Websleuths Members,

It is disappointing to see posters gleeful that they believe now that Sherri Papini has been found alive her story was false.

Sherri Papini is a human being going through hell right now. Doesn't matter if her story is true or not. She is going through an absolute living hell and so is her family.

What if Sherri was brought to your home, you had to tell her your real name, and then you say those things to her face. Changes things a bit doesn't it?

It easy to say things when you are behind a computer screen. You must remember that loved ones read here. You are saying these things to their faces. I wouldn't be surprised if Sherri herself comes here at some point.

If you do not believe she was kidnapped that is your opinion. You may even express your opinion on Websleuths but I WILL NOT ALLOW anyone to be rude, unkind, flippant, sarcastic or just plain mean.

Thankfully SillyBilly has been doing a great job so most of you are not see these posts.

No matter what happens, no matter what the truth turns out to be, Sherri Papini needs help.

Here is an example. We have many people pointing to the fact that Sherri's is still up. If Sherri was my loved one the LAST thing I would think about is a GoFundMePage. It could be as simple as that.

Please be respectful in your opinions.

You may question the evidence in a polite manner.

Time outs are being issued as we speak.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Thank you Tricia. Well said!!!!

I watched the sheriff's press conference. He seems to be taking the abduction claim at face value. If he has his doubts, he sure didn't express or even hint at them, AFAICT. He said she was abducted, not allegedly abducted, near the location where her phone was found. He also said he would keep the public informed as the investigation continues. None of us knows what happened; but if we have patience, I think we'll learn more soon.

Long time lurker on websleuths and have followed this case obsessively. Everyone is different, but I am a mom of three little ones and a former investigative crime producer. This case always seemed different. I 'get' wanting to escape, but I never got that sense with Sherri. I think she was abducted by unknown people who saw her as an easy target. As a human, I think it is in our nature to question. As a crime reporter, it is shocking the kind of evil that lies outside. While I think LE and her family knew more than they were letting on (why I kept coming back to this case), that she was abducted is completely possible. Whatever way you put it, if she left voluntarily or not, this is a dream outcome and what I think we all hope to find in the end. Happy Thanksgiving to you all---a day of gratitude. And for this case, super gratitude.

I, personally, have nothing but respect for Mrs. Papini. I think she has been through extreme mental hardship in the past few weeks/months/years. I don't believe she has a devious or criminal bone in her body. I do believe she has been through trauma and hardship. I also believe that hardship has everything to do with the strange circumstances we see unfolding now. I do not judge her. I do think she needs a friend. A real one.
If only everyone had the same respect that you have. Its actually upsetting. Some of the reactions I have read are completely lacking of any kind of empathy and understanding.

My thoughts exactly....If her abduction turns out to be false , whatever or whoever caused her to go away is still there......

I feel sorry for Sherri to.....May she find peace....

IF it turns out that she left on her own I hope she gets help to sort through what led to her leaving. I'm still haunted by the Lance Buckley story.

I just can't understand a motive...to take someone and then return them.

If only everyone had the same respect that you have. Its actually upsetting. Some of the reactions I have read are completely lacking of any kind of empathy and understanding.

I agree. There's healthy skepticism -- and then there's pure malice in the guise of skepticism. The latter, in large part, has reared its ugly head.

IF it turns out that she left on her own I hope she gets help to sort through what led to her leaving. I'm still haunted by the Lance Buckley story.

Agreed,
If she knowingly left she needs to seek professional help..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The allegations of female abductors could be to explain why she wasn't raped... assuming she wasn't.

This feels SO off. It's as if there's an answer for any anticipated question. A perfect package.

I'm glad she's physically well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
Female on Female rape is possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have to say... I'm crying right now. I am 100% on Sherri's side...

We're all in this together, this great big thing called life. Sometimes, life becomes overwhelming, and people don't know how to deal with it. We all make mistakes.

I am absolutely elated to learn that Sherri is still alive. I'm devastated at the judgment that is sure to follow. Have to say, I'm also very disappointed at the recent choices she has appeared to have made.

This is over, folks. The family publicized this because they needed our help. I am proud of every commenter here that offered their opinion and tried to solve this thing.

But now, this is over. We need to step back and allow Sherri and those around her to rebuild. To heal.

Please, folks, please keep this respectful. It could happen to any one of us. It really could. You just don't know it yet.

Yes, I imagine $50,000 would help the family "move forward". I'm not sure how I feel about changing the objective after the fact. That's not why folks donated.

But who am I to judge...

The comments (not donor comments) made today reflect that she's been found but you need to select Recent Comments. If you read the first comment there is a question about how the money could be used. The answer was "anything that KP and the family need", so that's been on the table from the beginning.

<modsnip>

With my experience in these cases, I would like to add that it is interesting she was allegedly held by women. Some tertiary research tells us that women are often recruited for these jobs--to secure someone for ransom or to traffick drugs. Often against their will. We are taught to be more trusting of women. They are seen as 'safer' then men. Which is why they, even as perps, are recruited against their will to do the 'dirty work.' Absolutely MOO on this case, but women are more likely to approach and help other women than men. Could be multiple victims here. IMO of course. Just saying, that she was released by alleged female abductors lends credibility to this theory.

Sorry, I should have said the Campaign has not reached it's monetary goal.

The founder was not Keith Papini. Which was my point. But then again, I don't really know how works and who can have control of the page or whether authorization powers can be switched to others.

i believe the go fund me is over the monetary goal.

from the update section:

Please note that Keith's sister, Suzanne Papini, is withdrawing the funds from this campaign.

Anybody else raising an eyebrow about this besides me.............?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice