Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My number one belief is #7--Murdered, jog a red herring.

A distant second is #3--Abducted, will not come home alive.

A very distant third is #9--Suicide

All the rest are completely off my radar right now so I won't bother ranking them. JMO subject to change regarding second and third spots.

"Gamble said he’s not actually the person offering the reward......he says an out-of-town man approached a mutual friend of his and Papini’s and offered to provide a cash ransom in the hopes it would bring the young woman home.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article116329608.html#storylink=cpy

Anybody besides me think the "mutual friend" of Gamble's and Papini's is KP? And the "out of town man" (a lie) is perhaps the person in control of the money?

Full disclosure....I'm a newbie and have only followed a handful of cases. However, I have noticed that LE's lack of reporting to the public is not necessarily as a sign that they are not pursuing suspects. In the Heather McDonald case, an arrest had been made more than 3 weeks prior to him being named a POI publicly. It wasn't until after her body was found in a wooded area by hunters. He was being held on an unrelated charge, but there are many reasons why LE remained tight-lipped (gathering more evidence, seeking additional arrests, etc.). So, I do wonder if the "lack of urgency" is because there is already an unnamed POI or if they have confirmation that SP was specifically targeted (public not at risk) and is no longer with us. I'm afraid that may be the case, but am hopeful that LE (along with FBI) is still gathering evidence to get justice for SP and her family.
BBM

Even though you're a newbie, you are absolutely right! :) LE silence does not mean they have stopped investigating. I would certainly hope that LE would not reveal what they have learned, even to the family. How stupid would that be!! If there is a POI who is someone close to or known to the family (my opinion), silence is even more crucial. The same is true if they have a POI who is a stranger. We should praise, not doubt LE for their discretion IMO.

In some cases, a POI is named early, but not naming anyone doesn't mean LE has no one in mind.

Even when an actual suspect is named, an arrest can take time because LE has to build a case that will stand up in court.

Understanding how it works helps us to learn patience and stay positive about the hard work done by LE.
JMO

Hi all,

Since the story of Sherri’s disappearance hit MM, I have been unable to look away. I think this is because I had also been following the horrible, tragic deaths of two other runners, Karina V. and Vanessa M.

Like many, due to the pictures and family interviews, I felt major doubt that she’d ever leave her children. Still, as I mentioned previously, people wear masks, and beneath them many suffer. I know what it’s like to be lost, overwhelmed and unwell, so I naturally shirk judgment about what a person “would” or “should” do. What others see as “rational thinking” may be impossible to do sometimes, even when you can still hear the truth of your soul.

I considered, like many here, that there could be something beyond the airbrushed version we all see. So, I went in search of something…who knows what…until I thought perhaps I had happened upon something of value. I know as much as the rest of us claim to, which is not much.

After much thought, I have decided to just throw something into the ring. I hesitate because I feel my ideas have been dismissed by some as well, nonsense. Jokes have been made a few times at the expense of my suggestions, which totally surprised me. I joined WS because it’s a community that requires and maintains communication standards. Thankfully, I feel that most follow those guidelines.

Anyhow (without much commentary) here are my offerings:

Sherri wrote that Mabon-Samhain is her favorite time of year; this is a Wiccan harvest festival.

She has pinned much re: owls, including a specific one about the owl as a spiritual guide. The picture of an owl is accompanied by this text: “The Owl is connected to wisdom, journeying and death. It is associated with the need to retreat from the world, look inside of ourselves for the answers we seek…for embarking on meditation and study…linked with night and moon magic.”

Within the last 8 months, it looks like she has become very interested in Native American topics, including the denial of Native American history in popular culture…the push of Native Americans to reservations…false history, violent treatment, etc. This is not anything appropriate, or useful for children’s curriculum/holiday projects.

Also, references to Native American wisdom and medicine appear– like Paganism, Earth-based wisdom. Also, there is a pin about smudging, a Native American and spiritual technique (also used by Wiccans) to "bless, cleanse and heal" people, objects or environments. The use of sage in smudging is used to help one "start anew" and "combat negative energy." I have experience with smudging, but I took those phrases from websites related to spirituality.

There are two pins about moon cycles and how they relate to women from a Wiccan Tumblr.

She is following Witches Garden and Pagan and Proud.

To me, it appears she was, at one time at least, questioning “traditional” religion and exploring other types of spirituality. There appears to be a very complex woman beneath the big, beautiful "All-American" smile. Perhaps this growth wasn't supported in her typical circle.

As we all know, and there are many more examples if you explore beyond her basic “board,” guns are everywhere. Concealed carry holsters, garter concealment, ornamental weapons including a “Tiffanys” glock – multiple firearms, including one that appears to be an automatic in a well-concealed flag case on a wall (not hers). There are many political type of pins, including one that states children shouldn’t know anything about politics. There’s the Killary one, etc.

There is also a survivalist axe and other similar items as has already been mentioned.

Not that this means anything, but I went through a period in my own life when I was 32/33-ish. It was the beginning of a spiritual journey that was born from a need for coping skills, meaning and purpose. I wanted to know my place. I began to value the Earth, explore Paganism and alternative ways of knowing and living. Funny, my animal guide was, and is, the owl. I was raised Catholic, and though I was connected to pieces of my religion, I question/ed much of it.

Anyhow, that is what I have. I am not proclaiming anything or stating this has similar significance to my experience. I hope this post comes across with respect, as intended. Thanks for reading.

[FONT=&]

[/FONT]

Excellent post. Many great facts with very little conjecture.

I know nothing about the subject but I think this is a great post from someone who obviously knows what they are talking about.

Thank You

"Mainly 16"

Appreciate your post, obviously you spent a lot of time and thought doing it....

Wow. Shivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, then, I don't know what to think…..

Glad she is alive.

The end.

I really hope we hear more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy sh**

Hmmm, wonder if any arrests will be made? Or if this story will just "go away"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97