Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a hoax from the beginning, then the go fund me would be a crime of fraud. If it was voluntary, and made up a story, just filing a false report.?. I hope they remember to pay taxes on their 50k.

Taxes do not have to be paid on personal gifts like that. They aren;t typically large enough as each donation is usually under a few hundred bucks.

Pardon me as I haven't been able to view all of the thread over the last few hours…. if she was released from the hospital, then she wasn't malnourished or dehydrated?? Did her abductors feed her? Does anyone know?

IMOO.

She must have been as she's alive.

In another news, info on sex trafficking victims in the US:

85% are under the age of 25. Only 10% are in Sherri's age range. Only 22% are white.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cshti0810.pdf

She doesn't have the risk factors for sex trafficking either which are:

1. Runaway and homeless youth.
2. Victims of domestic violence.
3. Victims of sexual assault.
4. Victims of war or conflict.
5. Victims of social discrimination.

https://polarisproject.org/victims-traffickers

Abduction for purposes of sexual assault? Ransom? That I can believe. For sex trafficking? Very hard to believe. Unless she was otherwise vulnerable in some way, she is not the demographic that is targeted because they know there will be a whole community, LE and her family and friends intent on finding her and they know that given the chance she would be more likely to escape and finger her captors.

Not logical, IMO.

I find this whole situation TROUBLING. Although it is a Thanksgiving miracle of sorts.

Best wishes to law enforcement today.

I had a feeling she'd turn up alive, and that's all I'll say about that. I think they need to drug test her.

How about we just wait and see what transpires and not make any pronouncements of what did or did not happen? Something troubling happened in this case -- whether it was a crime or not remains to be seen. The truth will come out, whatever it is, if it differs than what has been relayed by police so far.

Just be thankful for her little kids and husband, who would have been devastated had she never come home. Everything else will get sorted out by the authorities in due time.

I am really thankful this lady is alive...especially for her kids. We don't have many happy endings as sleuthers.

Hi you all :seeya: I've been reading and following from the beginning but haven't commented until now. I couldn't believe it when I got home and read the news. I'm thrilled that Sherri has been found safe. I still don't know what to think but after catching up on all of your comments, I have to say that your thoughts and reactions have been incredibly entertaining :hilarious:

One other thought: we've seen cases where someone went missing as a result of pressures in their life, mental illness, some other problem. It's not illegal for an adult to just take off and not tell anyone. It feels wrong for a spouse and kids to be put in that terrible situation of worry, and of course a family will often call police to report it, but taking off and disappearing in and of itself is not a crime.

If such a thing did occur, and upon coming back the person lies to LE, then that's a crime (the lying part, not the leaving part).

Remember that she herself did not call LE to report herself missing -- she just disappeared, which as I said, is not a criminal act.

We'll see what happens....

I'm glad some people here still have a voice of reason because mine seems to be broken right now. I'll try though. My brain is telling me, "no way this is legit..." and I hope I'm right because in a nasty world I'd prefer someone to fake their own abduction than actually be abducted.
~if SP left and appeared on her own, I hope she and her family will get much needed help
~if people abducted her and she was able to free herself from them, I hope they will be found and justice will be swift
In the spirit of wanting to know why people tick, I hope more details will surface and this won't be swept under the rug (and also, many people here have spent hours hoping, praying, thinking of this woman so closure would be nice).

She is safe..Thats ultimately what counts for her family and all of us who prayed for her safe return...I will not jump to any conclusions..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How about we just wait and see what transpires and not make any pronouncements of what did or did not happen? Something troubling happened in this case -- whether it was a crime or not remains to be seen. The truth will come out, whatever it is, if it differs than what has been relayed by police so far.

Just be thankful for her little kids and husband, who would have been devastated had she never come home. Everything else will get sorted out by the authorities in due time.
At this point a crime has been committed no matter what.

I think everyone here is thankful Sherri is alive and with her family regardless of what happened. Time will tell if we have other emotions in addition to those.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

All else aside, I am very glad she is safe. My heart hurt for those little boys.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

One other thought: we've seen cases where someone went missing as a result of pressures in their life, mental illness, some other problem. It's not illegal for an adult to just take off and not tell anyone. It feels wrong for a spouse and kids to be put in that terrible situation of worry, and of course a family will often call police to report it, but taking off and disappearing in and of itself is not a crime.

If such a thing did occur, and upon coming back the person lies to LE, then that's a crime (the lying part, not the leaving part).

Remember that she herself did not call LE to report herself missing -- she just disappeared, which as I said, is not a criminal act.

We'll see what happens....

True but if she took off on her own, she faked her own disappearance by leaving the present partially wrapped and leaving her phone on the side of the road.

At this point a crime has been committed no matter what.

Not necessarily.

Like I said in my post above, it's not illegal for an adult to take off and disappear from their own life. It is illegal to lie about it if/when questioned by police. We don't know yet if she lied to police or not.

And to Caligirl: "Faking" one's disappearance is kind of a misnomer. She did disappear, she was gone for 3 weeks. Again, it's not illegal to leave a phone behind or anything else, and take off. She didn't write a note that said, "help I've been abducted." Under the law, disappearing for whatever reason is not a crime.

For now, I'm going to say this was not a hoax or at least not a voluntary disappearance on Sherri's part.

I am hoping we get more info. But I don't know if LE will release more. Glad she's safe.

Wonder if Gamble will talk some more ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facts seem very odd to me. Two armed Hispanic females? What would they want with her for three weeks? Hmm.
I'm calling BS on 2 Hispanic women being involved. I'm still thinking she left on her own and is making it look like an abduction.

The only other thought is maybe men abducted her and the women knew of the abduction and felt compassion and let her go.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Not necessarily.

Like I said in my post above, it's not illegal for an adult to take off and disappear from their own life. It is illegal to lie about it if/when questioned by police. We don't know yet if she lied to police or not.

And to Caligirl: "Faking" one's disappearance is kind of a misnomer. She did disappear, she was gone for 3 weeks. Again, it's not illegal to leave a phone behind or anything else, and take off. She didn't write a note that said, "help I've been abducted." Under the law, disappearing for whatever reason is not a crime.
She didnt tell LE she left on her own. She told LE she was held in a dark SUV by two armed Hispanic females for 3 weeks.

She either left on her own and lied to police about what happened - a crime she committed or she told the truth and a crime was committed against her. Either way someone has committed a crime.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I also think it's really odd that KP must have been privy to her safety around 5-6 am but continued with the thanksgiving event, poem and balloon release. It's all just really weird.

Does anyone have the text of the poem yet - or did I miss it ?
And yeah, if he knew she was safe and continued the balloon release and poem reading, I don't understand that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member