Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope a lot of innocent Hispanic folks are not harrassed. Wish LE had said nothing if that is all they could say.

From my novice perspective, the spectrum from hoax to abduction is marked somehwere in the middle. If the LE apprehend the perps in the next 48 hours we can slide the mark to the right - abduction. If we don't have an arrest, and we (the public) are not given a detailed description of the perps the mark starts to slide to the left. I have to believe if this was an abduction, the LE would have been much more tense in the presser. He had this vibe of "its over" even though his words indicated otherwise. IMO

Co-sign ZoriahNZ's sentiments 100%.

----------------

Pure speculation below that assumes/takes at face-value the veracity of SP's story of being abducted by 2 latino females in a dark suv:

Maintaining someone alive and captive for three weeks is no simple feat.

I assume in the course of 3 weeks of feedings/bathroom breaks etc SP learned more about her captors than we've been told thus far.

Don't know SP's level of familiarity with Spanish. Most Californians develop at least a basic understanding of simple Spanish via ambient exposure. But the language of her captors--if they spoke Spanish to each other--might've limited her ability to suss out motives etc.

One possible scenario that might explain what appears to be an oddball catch-and-release:

The dark-suv hispanic female duo were shopping for a white female for sale into the sex trafficking industry and mistook SP for someone much younger. Typically sex traffickers prefer younger, more pliable females. An approaching middle-age woman isn't going to be the easiest to turn-out or break; and customers likely prefer younger females as well.

So maybe the abductor duo pick up SP and their potential buyer(s) balk at taking SP off their hands. Why not simply cut losses, take out SP and move on? Why keep her around for 3 weeks and return her?

Perhaps the level of publicity--tho not as great as one might've expected, it was still a prominent news story in the area and even made national news .

Maybe when they found out about her family/children, either from talking to her and/or from the media coverage, they empathized and couldn't bring themselves to deprive SP's children of a mother.

Also, not everyone is capable of killing. Thankfully. If this duo's regular routine were abducting females to quickly fence to sex traffickers, stepping up to murder might've been more than they were prepared to stomach.

Glad SP's back home with her family. Not sure why the police seem blase about tracking down her abductors.
Your theory is jumping out at me. As you say, its pure speculation but something about this is making bells go off in my brain. SP looks much younger than her years and very well could have passed for being in her early 20s which would have been a much more common age for sex trafficking.

I wouldn't be suprised if this uncovers some larger criminal activity which might explain why LE are being vauge.

Regardless, The next few days/weeks are going to be shocking for everyone I think.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

My raisable left eyebrow has permanently attached itself to my hairline.

Stuff has never really added up for me in this case, and it is still not.

:thinking:

Did anyone else catch the accidental slip of tongue by the Shasta Prosecutor in the news conference at the 12:00 minute mark>we are so glad Mrs. Panini was apprehended, then corrected herself to say recovered and reunited with her family. It seemed odd to me. JMO could be pure coincedence.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/no...n-yolo-county-bound-with-restraints/183165592

I hope a lot of innocent Hispanic folks are not harrassed. Wish LE had said nothing if that is all they could say.

Indeed.

ETA Let's just say, it's good she wasn't murdered. Murder is always wrong. But I'm reserving my sympathy etc until we (or if we) find out what really happened. << this was just a general thing, not in reply to cluciano

Your theory is jumping out at me. As you say, its pure speculation but something about this is making bells go off in my brain. SP looks much younger than her years and very well could have passed for being in her early 20s which would have been a much more common age for sex trafficking.

I wouldn't be suprised if this uncovers some larger criminal activity which might explain why LE are being vauge.

Regardless, The next few days/weeks are going to be shocking for everyone I think.

She looks young because the family gave the media old pictures.

I am so glad that Sherri will be re-united with her family. I hope that any perps are caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

She looks young because the family gave the media old pictures.
I didn't realize this. Thanks.
I think its still a decent theory, she was in very good shape and was quite petite. (She was 100lbs from what I saw on the missing persons flyers) She could have been targeted from afar as someone much younger. It just would explain the sex trafficking theory a little bit more.

No no no sex traffickers don't take that kind of girl regardless of her age. Nothing makes any sense. Maybe kidnapped for ransom but if so then why the public reverse ransom? And why does sheriff believe that nobody else has anything to worry about with perps on loose? eas she threatened to say 2 ransom hispanics?

A little reality check about the whole idea of " sex trafficking" as a possible motive in this or any other abduction.

The term "Sex Trafficking" congers up the image of innocent young women snatched off the streets and sold to people who will force them into the most degrading forms of prostitution. That sort of thing qualifies as ST but so does any sort of "sex business" involving underage girls or women of any age who do not feel "free to leave". It is the later types that virtually all references to ST are referring to. I am not aware of a single woman snatched of the street and sold into sexual bondage in any western country. That is pretty much an urban legend right up there with Alien Abduction.

I hope her claim of "two Hispanic women" does not turn out to be the Susan Smith claim of the 21st century when Susan told the story of a "black man hijacking her car," when it was Susan who drove her car into the lake with her two children. Then this case would not only be about a hoax abduction, but of racism too. <modsnip>

So happy Sherri has been found! I hope for her sake and the community, they release more information about her abductors and make finding them a top priority. I also hope that they do something positive for the community with the proceeds. There are many more missing people that could benefit from the public's generousity.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A little reality check about the whole idea of " sex trafficking" as a possible motive in this or any other abduction.

The term "Sex Trafficking" congers up the image of innocent young women snatched off the streets and sold to people who will force them into the most degrading forms of prostitution. That sort of thing qualifies as ST but so does any sort of "sex business" involving underage girls or women of any age who do not feel "free to leave". It is the later types that virtually all references to ST are referring to. I am not aware of a single woman snatched of the street and sold into sexual bondage in any western country. That is pretty much an urban legend right up there with Alien Abduction.
It is just a theory. Maybe not the MOST likely theory but I don't think it can be ruled out completely until we know for sure.

It could be a possibility they gave her back because of the reward to turn in who ever had her.

In regards to the GoFund me money we don't know if they already used it on detectives and personal search teams. Seems those all cost a lot of money and could have been used already. I'm sure the gofund me page is the last thing on their minds right now. They all seem like a loving family family and I'm sure any left over money will be put to something good.

I sincerely hope any left over funds are directly contributed to another missing person.

re: SP as a poor target for sex traffickers. Agree.

The theory would be that these 2 hispanic females were freelancing and not all that experienced/competent. Maybe they heard about a guy who'll pay big $$$$ for white females for that purpose and messed up and took SP, who is outside the usual profile for females forced into the sex trade. *shrug*

Not a great theory, but IF'N SP's tale as we've heard it is true, one that can be hammered into shape to fit the facts.

My big turnoff on the sex trafficking theories, no matter the case most of the time, is why would these people go after girls and women who were drug free and leaving seemingly upstanding, clean lives when there are so many who are unfortunately addicted to poison and so much more easily manipulated. Sure. I guess the women who appear to be "goody, goody" may be more valuable to some in the industry, but wouldn't they be so much harder to handle? Outright impossible depending on their personalities?

I don't know that we'll ever know the answer to that. When the ransom offer initially stated that they were not working with LE and would not be seeking retribution against the abductors, I wondered how it would play out if SP were returned safely. Could the benefactor, CG, and anyone else involved in getting her back be charged with obstruction of justice? So admitting to a pay out doesn't seem likely, IMO. Also, how would they be able to guarantee the abductors anonymity (as they would be known to SP by this point). Could she be charged if she doesn't incriminate the abductors? Seems like it would be a very sticky situation.

Just an opinion, nothing more and nothing less, that ransom was paid.

Going the other way, and speculating that SP voluntarily left for whatever reason, with whomever:

re: why SP went with 2 female abductors as a cover story for SP spending a few weeks away from her family.

Say SP decides to run off and spend some time with a man not her husband. Or even just to be alone. Coming back with the story of being abducted by 2 females = less likely she was sexually assaulted, or that she has to address the issue of why an attractive woman abducted by a male or men was not.

I won't even entertain the idea that Sherri was abducted until someone is actually charged and convicted for it. <modsnip>

My big turnoff on the sex trafficking theories, no matter the case most of the time, is why would these people go after girls and women who were drug free and leaving seemingly upstanding, clean lives when there are so many who are unfortunately addicted to poison and so much more easily manipulated. Sure. I guess the women who appear to be "goody, goody" may be more valuable to some in the industry, but wouldn't they be so much harder to handle? Outright impossible depending on their personalities?
Yes, that is fair.

I just am really trying not to judge or blame SP herself and go the hoax route. I would rather think all possibilities first besides that and not blame the person who is quite possibly a victim of a serious crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member