Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what made them focus on that area too. It wouldn't have been the cell phone she usually used, which was found on the side of the road in Redding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could have been a cell phone that was in contact with her cell phone before the disappearance...

Do we know how they subdued her? Did they use a ruse to get her into a car? Did they chase her while jogging?

I'm so far behind. Thanks in advance.

Just catching up with this thread. I missed a lot while eating turkey and playing board games yesterday!! :)

Glad she is found. Glad she is safe. Very, very glad.

Hoax was on my list of possibilities, mainly because of the reverse-ransom video. The fact that she was found in time for Thanksgiving celebrations was something I sarcastically predicted, and since that happened, I remain wondering about hoax. But I also considered other scenarios, and continue to do so, as I keep hoax on the table. Well, I'm not considering murder anymore (thank goodness!).

If it's a hoax (and that remains an IF), I think it was mainly for the benefit of others, not necessarily SP. TOTAL SPECULATION

If this an abduction, I do wonder about the abduction site and the drop-off logistics. And, of course, I wonder about the perps and the motive.

I have no doubt that LE will be able to sort this out. The truth will be told.

Again, glad she is home and I'm glad for her family members - as well as for neighbors who probably have been worried about their own safety lately.

jmopinion, subject to change as we learn more

I believe she was really abducted...
If it was a hoax, then she had a lot of help. She was found 'bound in restraints.' So someone had to do that for her. And she was apparently battered and bruised. So she had to agree to have someone pummel her...

I am leaning towards it being a real abduction.

According to the Daily Mail:

'She was bound by restraints but was able to summon help from a passing motorist,' said Sheriff Bosenko.
He added police were looking for 'two Hispanic females armed with a handgun' and a dark SUV.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-happy-photo-two-children.html#ixzz4R37EIh8M

So she was bound by restraints wen she was found on the roadside? :thinking:

I am believing more and more in her abduction.
All evidence points to this being an abduction. Albeit a very confusing, complicated one but still some sort of abduction and captivity situation.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Just catching up with this thread. I missed a lot while eating turkey and playing board games yesterday!! :)

Glad she is found. Glad she is safe. Very, very glad.

Hoax was on my list of possibilities, mainly because of the reverse-ransom video. The fact that she was found in time for Thanksgiving celebrations was something I sarcastically predicted, and since that happened, I remain wondering about hoax. But I also considered other scenarios, and continue to do so, as I keep hoax on the table. Well, I'm not considering murder anymore (thank goodness!).

If it's a hoax (and that remains an IF), I think it was mainly for the benefit of others, not necessarily SP. TOTAL SPECULATION

If this an abduction, I do wonder about the abduction site and the drop-off logistics. And, of course, I wonder about the perps and the motive.

I have no doubt that LE will be able to sort this out. The truth will be told.

Again, glad she is home and I'm glad for her family members - as well as for neighbors who probably have been worried about their own safety lately.

jmopinion, subject to change as we learn more

Agree. I have no problem with a person that needs to jump ship for a little bit.

But hopefully it isn't a hoax since a hoax will deter police to truly search for others.

Plus we don't need some people figuring out that the best way to raise $50k is by faking an abduction.

So hopefully this is a sincere case.

I believe she was really abducted...
If it was a hoax, then she had a lot of help. She was found 'bound in restraints.' So someone had to do that for her. And she was apparently battered and bruised. So she had to agree to have someone pummel her...

I am leaning towards it being a real abduction.

Unless it was handcuffs.

I initially was skeptical too about an abduction but I was thinking.....She was found 4:30 in the morning on the side of a rural road, restrained and on a holiday. That in itself is extremely dangerous as it was dark, few motorists and she was in a vulnerable position to be harmed more.

A California woman shared on Facebook early this morning how she saw missing mom Sherri Papini on a roadside and called police before she was rescued at 4:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving.

On a Facebook page created to help find the 34-year-old mother of two, who mysteriously vanished while jogging three weeks ago, Alison Sutton wrote:

“I couldn’t stop in time to help you this morning but I did pull over and report to police that I saw you by the road and was certain you needed help. I am thankful that someone else was able to pull over safely to help you and that you are safe. God bless you and your family.”

Rod Rodriguez III, Sherri’s father-in-law responded: “Thank you very much for alerting the police. We greatly appreciate your assistance.”

“I don’t know that my call helped her,” Sutton wrote back, “but I am very thankful she is safe and back with her family. This is truly a Thanksgiving to remember.”

http://people.com/crime/woman-says-...-she-was-freed-i-was-certain-you-needed-help/

'She was bound by restraints but was able to summon help from a passing motorist,' said Sheriff Bosenko.
He added police were looking for 'two Hispanic females armed with a handgun' and a dark SUV.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-happy-photo-two-children.html#ixzz4R37EIh8M

So the restraints part makes me wonder if that indicates she escaped or if she was released with the restraints still on.

As for the vague "two hispanic women in a dark SUV", I'd just like to remind folks of A. Hernandez' first depiction of her captor. Many people believed she just had to be lying because of the generic drawing that was produced after she came home when in fact, she was just too afraid at first to reveal the correct information.

(last remark is not directed at you katydid, just anyone posting)

As I said many pages ago, I'm shocked and very happy that Sherri is home with her family alive. It's not what I expected at all. I'm not going to call this anything other than an abduction unless another scenario becomes obvious. I'm now confused whether she was abducted by these two women or just released by them or both. I'm going to assume it's both for now.

So my first question about an abduction allegedly by two Latina women with a gun is...was this random stranger abduction or was Sherri targeted? I can't imagine that these two women just happened upon a jogging Sherri near the mailboxes and deciding on the spur of the moment..."Let's abduct that one."

I believe Sherri was specifically targeted by two women who either had known her or knew about her. I think they were waiting in the area to take her. I propose that there had been prior words or even veiled threats, perhaps on FB, that led the family to immediately assume she had been abducted and was taken out of the area, even mentioning Mexico. It's quite likely they suspected who these women or a connection were, based on previous FB comments. (I have not seen Sherri's FB pages).

This would explain the search ending quickly and the relative silence of the family and LE. It would explain the highly publicized reverse ransom sanctioned by the family.

So why would they abduct Sherri? Perhaps to settle a current or long-standing dispute or grudge or even to teach her a lesson. Possibly there was someone who was obsessed with Sherri and they were taking her to him. Perhaps to punish one of Sherri's family members for something. And other possible reasons I won't explore.

Why release her unharmed? They may have accomplished their purpose. They didn't want to be found with her. The well-publicized reward/ransom made it too dangerous to keep her. They may even have negotiated with CG and received money. Or Sherri convinced them somehow. I don't think they ever intended to kill her. It's quite likely they took fairly good care of her. I don't think Sherri was held anywhere near where she was dropped off. It's only about 1 hour 30 minutes west out of the valley to Clear Lake and even more remote areas beyond.

Whatever happened, it would have been extremely traumatic for Sherri. Her life will never be the same, but at least she is back in the loving arms of her family. I'm thankful for that. It could have been so much worse.

I just started following this story and heard the police had earlier searched the area where she was found? If true, perhaps a cell phone had "pinged" in this area...

The quote about the police searching that area was very confusing to me. I thought the reporter was mentioning seeing a police presence/search and it may have even been that day. I didn't get the impression the area had been searched earlier and then she ended up there after the search.

I got the impression the media person was just letting it be known they noticed cops were searching that area.

Maybe the passing motorist were the ppl with the reward sent to go get her.

I initially was skeptical too about an abduction but I was thinking.....She was found 4:30 in the morning on the side of a rural road, restrained and on a holiday. That in itself is extremely dangerous as it was dark, few motorists and she was in a vulnerable position to be harmed more.

I thought of that too - she could have been further victimized, depending on who found her.

Glad it turned out as best as it could have from that point forward.

Again, I am confident LE will be able to piece this together.

jmopinion at the moment.

CALTRANS has lots of cameras on the freeways. maybe one of them caught something.

Whats the difference between battered and battered/and bruising.

Because it says battered. But not battered and bruising.

Unless it was more mental torment than physical?

So the restraints part makes me wonder if that indicates she escaped or if she was released with the restraints still on.

As for the vague "two hispanic women in a dark SUV", I'd just like to remind folks of A. Hernandez' first depiction of her captor. Many people believed she just had to be lying because of the generic drawing that was produced after she came home when in fact, she was just too afraid at first to reveal the correct information.

(last remark is not directed at you katydid, just anyone posting)

My issue is that the Sheriff has asked the public to call in with any tips regarding the very vague description. I think he should of waited to ask the public for tips until more details can be released.

I thought of that too - she could have been further victimized, depending on who found her.

Glad it turned out as best as it could have from that point forward.

Again, I am confident LE will be able to piece this together.

jmopinion at the moment.

I am confident that they will as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members