Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was found on Thursday and also left the hospital same day...why was she not reunited with her children until Friday?

For the record: If I ever see a woman chained to anything by the side of any road or clearly in distress and in any way bound I do not care where I have to go or how late I might be -- I am stopping to help her. Period.

In the hospital? I'm wanting to know if women in the area should be on high alert? And if so what is the description of the kidnappers? Why isn't the mayor advising her citizens?

But they had a gun!

I'm not saying that they aren't accountable. I'm not saying that they should get a pity pass. But, I am saying that crimes like this don't happen in a bubble. They are probably being victimized themselves. So, I choose to approach this with hopes that justice will served but with compassion for everyone involved.

post #3 this thread the linked article states that dispatch recordings indicated she was chained to something along the side of the road and bound.

I"m not sure how the scanner forum works, but Woodland CA LE has an active police scanner.. Perhaps we could ask the scanner forum to back up to 4am yesterday?

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/5106

I assume LE has the chains and is checking for fingerprints and fibers. Along with Sherri's clothing. Three weeks with captors will leave evidence.

For the record: If I ever see a woman chained to anything by the side of any road or clearly in distress and in any way bound I do not care where I have to go or how late I might be -- I am stopping to help her. Period.

I assume you're responding to the quote from the woman who said she called 911 but couldn't stop in time? I thought that was REALLY weird too. I guess with all the craziness these days, if it was a lone woman maybe she didn't feel safe to stop? It was 4:30 a.m. so pitch dark. But it did catch my attention.

She was found on Thursday and also left the hospital same day...why was she not reunited with her children until Friday?

Probably because she's so traumatized that she was on emotional overload. It's better for the kids that Mama be OK vs Mama being hysterical.

I"m not sure how the scanner forum works, but Woodland CA LE has an active police scanner.. Perhaps we could ask the scanner forum to back up to 4am yesterday?

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/5106

I assume LE has the chains and is checking for fingerprints and fibers. Along with Sherri's clothing. Three weeks with captors will leave evidence.

That is what i am thinking

Maybe she and husband decided it was better for her to chill overnight in a hotel room or something? So her kids wouldn't see her in a frail state of mind?

Maybe LE wanted the balloon release to occur—and to keep Sherri's recovery on the down low, for just a little while—to see if anyone on their radar attended the balloon release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally caught up. Just some thoughts...

I'm sure it'll come out sooner or later but I'd sure like to know what she was wearing when discovered, and if it was the same clothing she went missing in. Also, someone in the previous thread asked if LE would be able to get any info from the clothes she was wearing and from what I understand, YES the crime lab folks can collect all sorts of curious things from clothing. Hair, stains, dirt, and about a hundred other things. No question those clothes went immediately into an evidence bag as soon as she arrived at the hospital.

I can't wait until LE wraps this up with a pretty bow and hands it to us.

Two abductors .........that helps to explain the ease in grabbing her and controlling her afterwards.

Do the local residents know of these two women ? Are they locals ?

Anybody in Redding recognize that maroon SUV ?

Is jealousy the motive here ? Did one of these women have a "man" who was smitten by SP and made the mistake of voicing it ?

Was he a tree trimmer ?

After three weeks, was she released because her abductors themselves were getting homesick ?

Lot's of questions..........can't wait to hear all the answers.

Do the women in the Redding and Sacramento areas need to be concerned about kidnappers in their midst? What are the ages, height, description of these two Hispanic women with a handgun traveling in a dark SUV? Why isn't the mayor asking these questions and advising citizens?

Tom Bosenko had said previously that this was an isolated incident and that the public at large should not fear. (sauce needed, I know)

I assume you're responding to the quote from the woman who said she called 911 but couldn't stop in time? I thought that was REALLY weird too. I guess with all the craziness these days, if it was a lone woman maybe she didn't feel safe to stop? It was 4:30 a.m. so pitch dark. But it did catch my attention.

I know, that is odd...4:30am is still pitch black, I'm not sure what I would do if I was driving alone...Call 911 surely, but I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to stop, get out of my car, etc. Don't want to be the next victim. It was super odd that that lady posted on facebook that she "didn't have time to stop" Sounds like she just wants her 15 minutes of fame, IMO.

Tom Bosenko had said previously that this was an isolated incident and that the public at large should not fear. (sauce needed, I know)

In his press conference, the sheriff said residents should be cautious. He listed some of the things people should do to ensure their safety. He certainly did not suggest that residents have nothing to worry about.

I've been racking my brain, but I'm stumped: can anyone else here remember a kidnapping case where the victim was held for weeks and then released without a ransom being paid? I ask because I can't imagine why a kidnapper would do that, and past cases might provide some ideas.

Happy to hear Sherri is home safe. What a great ending, we don't often experience that here at WS.

Now to solve the mystery of who, how and why.

Why would two women abduct a married Mom? Could this be a random abduction, or did they know Sherri and targeted her? It's a pretty out of the way rural location. Just makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar