Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The woman who said she called 911 but couldn't stop in time. I immediately thought that the woman did not see SP until it was too late, i.e., could not stop her vehicle soon enough to be able to get to her safely.

Since I've caught up on these threads, please everyone don't get carried away with a lot of posts, as I'm now :eek:fftobed: and don't want to come back to 10 pages! :giggle:

:wave:

When I made the request many threads ago for everyone to stop posting while I caught up, SillyBilly was kind enough to close the thread just long enough for me to catch up. She does that for me all.the.time!! It's so sweet of her. :D

I'm not sure what "kind of girl" you are referring to. Young, naive, troubled girls would be "easier" targets as opposed to adult, strong, assertive adult women (I hope this is where you were going with SP). But the trafficking culture is changing. It's not simply a "mind game", women are beaten and drugged into submission. The belief that there is a poster child of what the trafficking victim looks like is very dangerous as it leads to many missing persons (women and men) being dismissed as leaving voluntarily. IMO, not knowing exactly what happened to SP, nothing can be ruled out, including trafficking. BBM

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2012/08/12/abduction-prostitution-of-arlington-woman-shed-light-on-hidden-crime-of-human-trafficking

The women in your article fit the demographic. Sherri does not.

Happy to hear Sherri is home safe. What a great ending, we don't often experience that here at WS.

Now to solve the mystery of who, how and why.

Why would two women abduct a married Mom? Could this be a random abduction, or did they know Sherri and targeted her? It's a pretty out of the way rural location. Just makes no sense to me.

The only thing that would make sense to me is that these women assisted the perp or are/were also victims.

I can't wait until LE wraps this up with a pretty bow and hands it to us.

Two abductors .........that helps to explain the ease in grabbing her and controlling her afterwards.

Do the local residents know of these two women ? Are they locals ?

Anybody in Redding recognize that maroon SUV ?

Is jealousy the motive here ? Did one of these women have a "man" who was smitten by SP and made the mistake of voicing it ?

Was he a tree trimmer ?

After three weeks, was she released because her abductors themselves were getting homesick ?

Lot's of questions..........can't wait to hear all the answers.

Was it reported to be a maroon SUV? If so, I missed that.

Tom Bosenko had said previously that this was an isolated incident and that the public at large should not fear. (sauce needed, I know)
Okay. Not too reassuring. Why no description of the kidnappers, other than armed two Hispanic women in a dark SUV? What makes them think this was an isolated incident?

Things that stand out to me in some way:

• The text to KP when he doesn't take his phone in with him. Asking a time sensitive question to someone who can't answer in a time sensitive manner is strange to me.

• The half-wrapped present. 1. How does one half wrap a present? 2. What was the interruption that also meant that it wasn't returned to before going for a jog? (Especially having not yet received the response from KP; how did she know he wouldn't come home for lunch whilst she was on her jog to find the half-wrapped present for him?)

• The earbuds and phone being on the side of the road. Unless there was a struggle, I can't see why the items were on the side of the road. If there was a struggle, I wonder HOW she was taken by two women. Did she struggle against two people with a gun? Did she leave the phone as a breadcrumb? Seems an odd choice of breadcrumb being that it may be your lifeline. If they had a gun, it seems to me there would not have been a struggle and they would not have wanted the phone left in the open as it was.

• The fact that it was two women. If they are known to her, abducting her and releasing her is beyond bizarre; she can just name them. If they are unknown to her, what on earth could the possibly want with her? Yes, women commit crimes, but this situation is most definitely not the norm. If anyone can point me towards another case where two or more women have abducted another unknown-to-them female, I'd be very interested. This doesn't seem a normal case to me in any way.

• How she got to where she was and how she was kept fed and watered for that time without having built up any description of the perpetrators.

• Being released by the perpetrators at all. Three weeks and then.... released? Not escaped? Again, if anyone can point me towards randomly released abductees within such a short period of time, but outside of a day or two...

• The reverse ransom that is being described as some sort of ransom. It's a reward without the involvement of LE. I'm not sure why the aggression was attached to it; not a reassuring step for negotiation IMO.

• The deadline for the reward. It wasn't a deadline set up in the late stages of the deal where the payment had been agreed. A deadline was put on it from the start, without there having been any contact between the parties.

• The reading of the poem and balloon release which took place after SP had been found. KP had spoken to her by then also (connected him to her via the sheriff's office) so they would have known conclusively she had been found.

I'm not sure what we're looking at and if any or all of the above is of no consequence at all, I simply wanted to make a non-exhaustive list of the things that I am struggling to reconcile in my head at this stage.

Please don't see this as anything other than expressing my queries on certain points of the case.

Maybe LE wanted the balloon release to occur—and to keep Sherri's recovery on the down low, for just a little while—to see if anyone on their radar attended the balloon release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The balloon release occurred two hours before the public was informed that Sherri had been found. LE could have asked her closest family members to keep it to themselves until LE made the news public. I don't know. I also don't know if anyone who attended the balloon release even knew Sherri had been found.

Ugh I give up. It's all just terribly annoying. I'm glad that we "know" but I fear we will never really "know", because for me it has to make sense or I will doubt. I want it to make sense, I do, but I can't put this puzzle together at the moment. Somebody call Anne Rule.

I've been racking my brain, but I'm stumped: can anyone else here remember a kidnapping case where the victim was held for weeks and then released without a ransom being paid? I ask because I can't imagine why a kidnapper would do that, and past cases might provide some ideas.

Nope. The woman kidnapped just last week in Eastern WA was killed and left on the road. If nothing else, kidnappers usually don't want to leave the chance of being identified.

When I made the request many threads ago for everyone to stop posting while I caught up, SillyBilly was kind enough to close the thread just long enough for me to catch up. She does that for me all.the.time!! It's so sweet of her. :D

Ahh Lilibet ... sweet right back at ya :hug:

We honour such requests when we're able. Other times, we just do it for the heck of it ;)

Ugh I give up. It's all just terribly annoying. I'm glad that we "know" but I fear we will never really "know", because for me it has to make sense or I will doubt. I want it to make sense, I do, but I can't put this puzzle together at the moment. Somebody call Anne Rule.
That would be a very long distance call because Ann Rule passed away earlier this year.

Reports state she is battered. She may be very fragile emotionally. One day to recover and heal before seeing her kids may be the best for all of them. The kids don't need to see their mum injured and frightened, that would traumatise them a lot more than not seeing her. She probably can't wait to see them but needs to think about what's best for them.

I've been racking my brain, but I'm stumped: can anyone else here remember a kidnapping case where the victim was held for weeks and then released without a ransom being paid? I ask because I can't imagine why a kidnapper would do that, and past cases might provide some ideas.

This woman from Vallejo was not held by her captor for weeks, but she was held (and raped) and then released with no ransom. Her kidnapper was mentally ill. This is the case that a couple people have mentioned in which the police thought the kidnapping was a hoax conjured up by the victim and her boyfriend. Pretty awful that she went through that and the police wouldn't believe her or her boyfriend.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...ns-20160801-snap-story,amp.html?client=safari

Edited a typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvestmoon- but that woman knew her abductor. IMO

Ahh Lilibet ... sweet right back at ya :hug:

We honour such requests when we're able. Other times, we just do it for the heck of it ;)

Thanks for the giggle ...

Reports state she is battered. She may be very fragile emotionally. One day to recover and heal before seeing her kids may be the best for all of them. The kids don't need to see their mum injured and frightened, that would traumatise them a lot more than not seeing her. She probably can't wait to see them but needs to think about what's best for them.
Could be. I wouldn't be surprised if she spoke to her children and other family members by phone during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate