Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe it matters, so since you don't have a link would you please let me know which publication the article was in? Thanks.

I don't remember and I'm not going to go back and find it - but I originally found it by doing a google news search of "Sherri Papini" about 4.5 hours ago, if that helps.

Was she blindfolded for 3 weeks? Sheriff says he believes same women that abducted her let her off. She never saw either of them while being held captive for 3 weeks?

Terrible case. I read the article you linked to, but it didn't have any info on why the abductor released her. I'd really like to hear what his motivation was for letting her go.

I think I remember reading something about him liking her after talking to her...I'll see if I can find it. He definitely had mental problems (it is a very wild story--on the surface, way more far-fetched sounding than SP's case). It was a heads up for me to try to keep an open mind! Not always easy, though.

Edited to include link where the victim's lawyer speculates that the kidnapper developed sympathy for her once she talked with him about her life.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/called-girl-mystery-victim-thought-die-details-inside/story?id=32515924

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there is a Yolo County. It follows Interstate 5 same as Redding. She was apparently found in Woodland along the Interstate 5.

Neither here nor there but I like Yolo county/Woodland personally...Kinda out in the country...close to wine country, it's nice.

The air isn't super clean, but that's all of the central valley.

Ahh Lilibet ... sweet right back at ya :hug:

We honour such requests when we're able. Other times, we just do it for the heck of it ;)

:blushing: :giggle:

I have to ask...does this case break any records for thread closings or is DeOrr's still the winner...or one I've never been on? Enquiring minds and all that. :)

How can a woman who has her hands "bound" and is "chained" to something...a tree maybe, summon help from passing motorists?

I don't think the sheriff specified that her hands were bound.

Here's the press conference video: http://abc7news.com/news/full-video...ence-on-safe-return-of-sherri-papini/1624387/

At 2:52 in this video it says "she was bound with restraints but was able to summon for help". I don't have time to re-watch the entire PC video again but I don't think he specified how she was bound or what she was bound with. IIRC, press asked for more details on how she was bound and he declined to answer.

How long was she on the side of the road before she was discovered? It's been in the freezing temps these past few nights. Why let her off on a public road leading to the Interstate like that? What if someone had seen her being let out and bound to something there in the area?

I am thankful that Sherri is safe and recovering. I am not sure what to think of any of this. The whole idea of captivity for weeks, even if blindfolded, means that she has a lot of information-- sounds, smells, conversations between the two captors, food she ate or was given, kind of place she was being held at, was she alone or with someone all the time. I hope the investigators are skilled and get everything they can from her.

I am baffled at the idea of motive. She doesn't lead a life that makes me think kidnapping would make sense. She doesn't have a lot of money, she doesn't appear to be in a job where she has angered others, work in a trade where someone might get even or get paid back by keeping her. So, I think there is something important about Sherri or her life that we don't know.

If the captors handled her or gave her fresh clothes, I am hoping there is some dna that can be gathered.

I wish her peace and healing no matter how this all turns out.

How can a woman who has her hands "bound" and is "chained" to something...a tree maybe, summon help from passing motorists?

Kick her legs, move her body as much as possible, scream. She obviously did manage to get the attention of at least two motorists, so whatever she did worked.

Neither here nor there but I like Yolo county/Woodland personally...Kinda out in the country...close to wine country, it's nice.

The air isn't super clean, but that's all of the central valley.

Which wine country? No the air is not so clean and it gets very hot.

Hmm, well...it was a holiday. So, whoever had it carefully planned...there wouldn't be the usual morning rush hour traffic. I mean, some people leave for work early...

Some MSM articles say bound, others say hands bound, still others say "chained to something" as well as being bound. Frustrating for sure but I don't suppose it will be long before the truck driver that stopped to help her is interviewed.

SHeriff Bosenko states that the 34 year old woman suffered unspecified injuries during her ordeal and was treated and released.

Not if they had something covering their faces.

Two females, at least one is armed. Wearing masks, cruising a rural road, looking for a lone female jogger to abduct? Does that seem intentional?

I don't think she was bound to anything when she was found. The woman who was referenced in the People article stated that she was walking down the highway and waving a white shirt.

I think she was bound to something during her captivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54