Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also something to keep in the back of our minds - she weighed 100 pounds at abduction. Depending on how much and how frequently she was fed, how much she was able to eat and keep down due to physical and emotional stresses...that could quickly turn into a life threatening situation.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It could, but obviously it didn't.

:seeya: I thought I would take this opportunity to ask a verified lawyer if Ms. Papini and her family decided to lawyer up at this point would it be likely that no more information would be released?

I do think she was kidnapped and hearing the recording definitely lends credence to that fact. Would you advise Ms. Papini to obtain legal counsel at this point?

Thank you in advance!

Although her husband was desperate to have his wife back, it was quite impressive to read that he beat the local police to her location. He may have wanted to keep other family members safe by keeping her from revealing too much. If this is the case, it must be quite frustrating for LE. Although they did know the family had a negotiator. The family followed the rules and got Sherri back. (This is the impression I have gotten following this story)

And not posting or releasing tons of photos of the kids for God's sake! So dangerous.
That alarmed me too, but SP didn't release the photo did she? She or KP may have been asked and given permission, but their faces should be blurred IMO. Who felt the need to post photos of her children? Now the kidnappers know what the kids look like- if they didn't already.

I am beginning to agree more and more with parents who refuse to post pictures of their children on social media.

The kids are too young to know what was going on, but if they were told mommy is coming home by Thanksgiving thank goodness she did! I have never promised my kids anyone will be anywhere, because accidents happen!

No location has been given of where she is exactly- for good reason! Not only would I refuse to return to that home, I would delete all accounts and wouldn't ever post anything on social media again.

It would take a lifetime for me to feel any degree of safety for me my husband, my children and my family.

Thinking about her sister, I would think she is fearful for herself. ESPECIALLY if a ransom was paid. I would not want to be speaking to the media, I'd want to go into hiding.

IMO it's a big deal if SP was a planned out kidnapping and held for ransom?

They haven't been captured yet- I'd want armed security following me around 24/7 if I was an immediate family member.

So many questions.
People are all different, maybe I would be considered paranoid for feeling like this, but I would be freaking out! Happy I had my sister back, but very afraid for myself and my family as well.

It's not like she just returned home from a trip and normal life will resume once the laundry is done.
Or is it?
I would need serious therapy!
jmo

*http://www.redding.com/news/local/Security-experts-weigh-in-on-Papini-case-403058276.html?d=mobile

IMO, ABSOLUTELY!! SP (and her family) are currently victims to a horrendous crime. LE is in charge of releasing information regarding suspects or POIs and will do so accordingly. The family did what anyone would do to find their loved one and has expressed their gratitude. SP and her family are entitled to their privacy.

Do they get that right when the public; who has so kindly helped search, donated funds and spread awareness for her return, could be in potential danger?

Lozda, sorry. When I responded, didn't realize I was twelve pages behind. :gaah:

I've just made a cup of tea and now I'm 6 threads behind. :laughing:

Not to worry, Knox x

<modsnip>
I mean these are armed and dangerous people. They could already have another victim. I just hope more information comes out soon. To relieve everyone one way or another. I'm always wary now of cases like this. But I haven't seen any reason for her to want to leave on her own. Not saying she wasn't kidnapped either. Just something doesn't FEEL right. I'm glad she is home safe and reuniting with her family. I know they must have a massive boulder of worry off of their backs now. She was a lucky one. There are few that survive.
I'm wondering if ransom money did exchange hands possibly. Regardless, the public needs a better description than this vague one they are giving out.

Although her husband was desperate to have his wife back, it was quite impressive to read that he beat the local police to her location. He may have wanted to keep other family members safe by keeping her from revealing too much. If this is the case, it must be quite frustrating for LE. Although they did know the family had a negotiator. The family followed the rules and got Sherri back. (This is the impression I have gotten following this story)

CHP was already there, weren't they? In command of the situation? I'm not sure it would be odd for the husband to beat LE there if they weren't speeding/using sirens to get there.

They prob already have a lawyer since they were negotiating ransom. This is what I believe

She was treated and released at the local hospital where she was found. Just playing devil's advocate, but confidentiality she could have been checked in somewhere else. Not saying she was, I obviously have no info. But IMO, many of the wounds that she will have to heal are not those resolves in an ER setting or in a matter of a few hours. It's hard for me to even begin to imagine what she may have been subjected to over the 3 weeks she was held captive. So while I understand the curiosity, I pray the media and public give her space needed to start the healing process.

I know, I do wonder if that happens. To protect the victims.

BBM. I think it's too late to turn back now. She already officially reported a brutal and extremely serious felony to law enforcement. I'm pretty sure you don't get to say say, "Never mind" and just walk away after that. I think she could have just flatly refused to make any statement to LE whatsoever, but now that she has, she's kind of stuck with it.
Are victims required to give detail to the police? It is not an illegal act for Sherri not to talk. What little information She gave to the police..that we were told..I doubt more will come out. She can just go into hiding and say nothing. The interview with the sister said nothing about the crime so I believe the whole family is staying tight lipped. It's up to the police now if they choose to keep working on the case or tell the public more...

We've had two second hand pieces of information in MSM:

One says the dispatcher claimed she might be badly beaten.

One says the witness said she didn't look to be injured.

Do you think we should avoid saying she was or wasn't beaten until we've got first-hand confirmation on this? I've seen a lot of comments talking about it one way or the other and I think discussing the potential of IF she had been badly beaten is different from stating that she was. And vice versa.

I don't want anyone to feel I'm telling people how to post - I just wondered others' thoughts on this? Do you take either piece of information from MSM as fact and/or one piece of information over the other?

i only really trust quoted statements when i read MSM, and even then, i'll double check at the original or different sources if it's something important. other than that, yeah, when they just write from their perspective they can get info wrong, mixed up, or previously disproven. i don't think we should stop discussing it though, like if she was beaten or not, actually i'm glad you brought it up, it will give me something to try to figure out, hehe. ;)

I might advise her to hire legal counsel to handle the public sentiment and interface with the police if they were starting to mistrust her.

She has every right not to say another word to LE. That would not be a crime. They can't force her to speak and they can;t arrest her for not doing so. They may view that as suspicious, That's a big reason LE felt Denise Huskins and her boyfriend had fabricated her abduction. Because when she was released in Huntington beach, she refused to speak with LE. And that's not typical of kidnap victims. So they felt she had something to hide.

:tyou: I appreciate you answering! I'm sure she is pretty shaken at this point, but as time goes one she may speak publicly. Plus, she may remember more details regarding her abduction.

I'm still trying to stay caught up.
Is it possible her family paid a ransom for her? It would make sense that she was released after payment.

All MOO!

Threads? Where did you go to make that cuppa? Last week?

:laughing:

(sorry)

I literally can't keep up with this case at the moment! Metaphorically and physically - my eyes can't read fast enough!

I wish I had gone to last week for my cuppa. I certainly would have been much more accurate with my predictions! :laughing:

Biscuit?

The evidentiary value of a media statement by a possible witness who has not been confirmed to have actually been at the scene, and who, if she was, zoomed by in her vehicle, as opposed to an official dispatch from an official dispatcher who is trained to relay precisely what is being told to them by LE that is actually on the scene, would be nonexistent. The latter has evidentiary value. It's an official record and would be admissible in a courof law.
...As would the extensive photographs taken by LE as part of SOP as soon as practicable after she was found/admitted to ER.

They prob already have a lawyer since they were negotiating ransom. This is what I believe

Thank you too! I mean now days it's just common sense to have one in most situations. I think they negotiated a ransom too.

Dex, thank you too! You are looking quite dashing in your Santa hat! (still a little scared of ya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper