Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keeping my opinions to myself until more information comes out.:thinking:

Does anybody have, or can anybody find data or information on when ransom demands for an abductee have been satisfied previously for release?

I've tried to look but I'm not coming up with anything.

I'm just wondering how successful ransom demands and/or 'ransom' payments are typically?

Also, are there times when the ransom hasn't been confirmed by LE at the time of abduction but later confirmed?

I'm wondering if the probability of a ransom release is high? If perhaps the payment was made and then denied during the presser - for what reason?

Here is link to a very recent story. This woman was kidnapped for ransom, LE paid the ransom, made an arrest shortly after. It appears that whoever held this poor woman then executed her and dumped her on the highway.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/21/abducted-washington-woman-found-dead.html

Sherri's family was smart in using a professional negotiator.

Can someone refresh my memory please and tell me how soon after that Sherri went missing did the ransom thing come up? It was not right away, correct? If the family knew from the beginning this was a kidnapping ransom thing, CG thing would've surfaced sooner.

Am I remembering right? CG sent a letter to the media on the 6th? But nobody picked it up?

Phoenix AZ has had many kidnappings in the past 10 years. It began as a cartel related phenomena, then moved and changed to include the kidnapping of legitimate business owners. Not sure if main stream media ever covered it extensively or not. Have lived in a country where kidnappings were common, it is not something I would want to see here. all jmo

Oh me! I live a sheltered life. I definitely do not want to see more of them here either! Do you think money exchanged hands for SP's release? I definitely see the purpose for keeping this hush-hush and the sheriff to deny a ransom being paid.

Just curious for those who may still be inclined toward "hoax", have any of you ever followed an abduction case that turned out to in fact be a hoax, where the victim was located battered and chained? I know it's in movies all the time but I mean in actual, real life. It just seems to me that's awfully far to go, to willfully hurt yourself or have someone else do it, to make your story believable.

And just as an aside, in the speculative scenario that this is a hoax, where was she staying, how was she buying food and where did the chain/restraints come from? Unless she had a few bills tucked in her jogging pants, someone else would have had to be involved in this.

But none of this money was paid out, right? I remember LE saying the anonymous donor, ransom, etc did not make the difference in the case. And this anonymous donor just offered up ransom money without the captors asking for it. Bizarre.

How would LE know? The terms of the stated ransom "The group vowed that law enforcement would not be involved in the exchange and that there would be no questions asked".
http://www.recorder.com/Missing-Shasta-County-woman-is-found-safe-after-three-weeks-6384664

Me either. IIRC, the sheriff said the 2 women and dark colored SUV was in connection with her abduction, NOT her release (as it was later noted that "one" abductor let her out). Wondering if SP recalled the women and dark SUV from the date of the abduction (possibly confirmed by the tree trimmers or other witnesses in the area). If others were involved, there were likely other vehicle options. I don't remember seeing reports yet of a vehicle seen in the area she was released, so possibly she was blind-folded or secured in a way it took a few minutes to free herself enough to see.

Great point - I wouldn't be able to see a thing.

Here is link to a very recent story. This woman was kidnapped for ransom, LE paid the ransom, made an arrest shortly after. It appears that whoever held this poor woman then executed her and dumped her on the highway.

LE are also trained negotiators, no?

In your example, the abductor did not release her.....

This wasn't a successful ransom demand either, since they were arrested. That's my point really; how successful can they be?

I just don't think we are looking at a release for ransom. But JMO.

She could have been released when the reward got high to lead to perp and they were hot on their trail because of "mistakes made"? Still would require LE being in the dark though

IMO, a ransom was paid and Sherri was released. But ask yourself, why was a ransom even offered in the first place? To me it is quite obvious the family knew what happened to Sherri from the get-go.

Gitani1 has said Sherri nor her family, are legally obligated to give LE details which would help them arrest the perp(s).

CG stated “We don’t care if you’re a convicted felon, if you’re a person with a warrant out for your arrest or a drug addict,” the man in the video said. “You lead us to Sherri, we give you more money than you can spend.”
http://www.recorder.com/Missing-Shasta-County-woman-is-found-safe-after-three-weeks-6384664

It has occurred to me that the "two females" description may be a fictitious detail, in order to honor the terms of the ransom. All that said, I have no idea what the truth is and doubt if we'll ever know all the details ...

Whoa Knox! Interesting thought!

Can someone refresh my memory please and tell me how soon after that Sherri went missing did the ransom thing come up? It was not right away, correct? If the family knew from the beginning this was a kidnapping ransom thing, CG thing would've surfaced sooner.

per this article, on Nov 6 a TV station got an email concerning willingness to pay ransom. They could not verify its authenticity so did not report it. It was over a week later that the ransom offer went public with the associated website, letter, etc.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

Exactly. The reverse ransom idea struck me as an act of desperation.

But if there was a ransom paid and the family had been targeted, why wouldn't all social media be shut down and why would the family release photos if the kids, for God's sake!!!

Hmm. I just remembered the twine by a rock that was mentioned in the police logs. Trying to find that to see exactly what/where it was, but not having much luck. Was it close to where she was abducted?

I haven't finished reading yet so sorry if someone replied already but I don't want to lose my spot. I was the one that posted the twine and knife from the police logs. Here's the police log from 11/6:
7cc2b7def4fa69cd0fa8fb8114593643.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH my gosh! I remember seeing this woman's face, but I don't remember her being held for ransom! Consider myself a news junkie too! I nearly passed out when I read the date. :hills: Seriously! This is some scary ***t!

IF a professional negotiator was used.. there should be enough evidence to go after someone and there should be an arrest soon !

Hopefully no one innocent will be targeted. Imo.

If I recall correctly, the CG thing did surface early (the website anyway around 11/7 or 8th?), then the offer was made much later. Some speculate that the reverse ransom offer had to go through lawyers to make sure all was legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper