Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE are also trained negotiators, no?

In your example, the abductor did not release her.....

This wasn't a successful ransom demand either, since they were arrested. That's my point really; how successful can they be?

I just don't think we are looking at a release for ransom. But JMO.

It appears LE jumped the gun. They arrested someone before this poor woman was released. Whoever held her, killed her. The article states they are looking for more perps. Negotiation fail.

I've firmly decided she's a victim, don't know details of course, but believe that it had to do with brilliant negotiating. What a roller coaster! It would be nice if some details could be released so people will make some sense of this. Until it makes sense it will co tinue to be unbelievable and people will continue to bash her on media comments.

IMO, a ransom was paid and Sherri was released. But ask yourself, why was a ransom even offered in the first place? To me it is quite obvious the family knew what happened to Sherri from the get-go.

Gitani1 has said Sherri nor her family, are legally obligated to give LE details which would help them arrest the perp(s).

CG stated “We don’t care if you’re a convicted felon, if you’re a person with a warrant out for your arrest or a drug addict,” the man in the video said. “You lead us to Sherri, we give you more money than you can spend.”
http://www.recorder.com/Missing-Shasta-County-woman-is-found-safe-after-three-weeks-6384664

It has occurred to me that the "two females" description may be a fictitious detail, in order to honor the terms of the ransom. All that said, I have no idea what the truth is and doubt if we'll ever know all the details ...

Excellent point. I doubt we will know as well. I believe that "fuzzy" details are all that will be provided, because silence is part of the ransom agreement. Fuzzy, meaning fictitious, I agree.

I've firmly decided she's a victim, don't know details of course, but believe that it had to do with brilliant negotiating. What a roller coaster! It would be nice if some details could be released so people will make some sense of this. Until it makes sense it will co tinue to be unbelievable and people will continue to bash her on media comments.

Agreed... mostly ;) My only gripe is that it would be so easy to confirm some information to clear up that this is not a hoax/voluntary missing etc.

I've not decided yet. I just can't shake the odds from this yet.

Does anybody have, or can anybody find data or information on when ransom demands for an abductee have been satisfied previously for release?

I've tried to look but I'm not coming up with anything.

I'm just wondering how successful ransom demands and/or 'ransom' payments are typically?

Also, are there times when the ransom hasn't been confirmed by LE at the time of abduction but later confirmed?

I'm wondering if the probability of a ransom release is high? If perhaps the payment was made and then denied during the presser - for what reason?

bbm. Totally anecdotal, but I've never forgotten it - the case of Barbara Mackle. She was buried alive, there were two attempts to pay the ransom (the second successful), and she was recovered alive. Kidnappers were caught, arrested, and convicted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Mackle_kidnapping But I think such an ending to a kidnap for ransom is unusual.

Just curious for those who may still be inclined toward "hoax", have any of you ever followed an abduction case that turned out to in fact be a hoax, where the victim was located battered and chained? I know it's in movies all the time but I mean in actual, real life. It just seems to me that's awfully far to go, to willfully hurt yourself or have someone else do it, to make your story believable.

And just as an aside, in the speculative scenario that this is a hoax, where was she staying, how was she buying food and where did the chain/restraints come from? Unless she had a few bills tucked in her jogging pants, someone else would have had to be involved in this.

I remember a episode where a wealthy wife took off with a guy and claimed to be abducted and called for ransom. She had marks all over her, and was bound with something. They had been holed up in a hotel room. I think it was in Florida. She was attractive, wealthy, with small children. It was all a hoax. I think the husband took her back, and her mom never believed it was a hoax, even after she admitted it n court. I'll see if I can find her name, but it was one heck of a case. She even claimed to have been raped, and actually said she enjoyed it. Weird case for sure. Her name was Quinn, I believe.

If SP wasn't specifically targeted (ie. revenge, ransom, etc.), I still believe it's possible she was picked up for trafficking. (To all the non-believers, this is MY opinion, but one also shared repeatedly on the local FB crime page). I welcome all theories. But it would confirm the ransom letter stating that the abductors did not know who they had (34 yr. old mom of 2, not a college student jogging in the area). This case almost immediate received national coverage and when the abductors realized she was not an ideal victim, they could've contacted the family for a ransom. IMO, local LE would've likely shot it down. A few days later (IIRC, the 7th is when the ransom benefactor first contacted media), the attempt to turn it into a "kidnap for ransom" was made. SP could have even suggested it to her abductors as a way to spare her life. MOO

isn't it usually rich people that get kidnapped for ransom? Is Sherri rich? Did the two Latino women think she had money?

I remember a episode where a wealthy wife took off with a guy and claimed to be abducted and called for ransom. She had marks all over her, and was bound with something. They had been holed up in a hotel room. I think it was in Florida. She was attractive, wealthy, with small children. It was all a hoax. I think the husband took her back, and her mom never believed it was a hoax, even after she admitted it n court. I'll see if I can find her name, but it was one heck of a case. She even claimed to have been raped, and actually said she enjoyed it. Weird case for sure.

Husband took her back initially then divorced her.

bbm. Totally anecdotal, but I've never forgotten it - the case of Barbara Mackle. She was buried alive, there were two attempts to pay the ransom (the second successful), and she was recovered alive. Kidnappers were caught, arrested, and convicted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Mackle_kidnapping But I think such an ending to a kidnap for ransom is unusual.

Woah. You went straight up big time with your example, Koshka! :laughing:

Honestly, nothing is as crazy as real life, eh?

This thread keeps moving faster than I can keep up, yet the page count still stays the same....LOL.

If she escaped and made it to the road? Then wouldn't she have had to stay and lead police back to the house that she escaped from?

RSBM

I was under the impression the kidnappers had let her go... this thread is moving so fast --I need to go back and read previous posts.
:moo:

RSBM

I was under the impression the kidnappers had let her go... this thread is moving so fast --I need to go back and read previous posts.
:moo:

You are correct. No escape. Released and reported as left along the side of the road,

per this article, on Nov 6 a TV station got an email concerning willingness to pay ransom. They could not verify its authenticity so did not report it. It was over a week later that the ransom offer went public with the associated website, letter, etc.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

FOUR days after she went missing. So are we to believe an "anonymous donor from out of the area" decided to offer money for Sherri's safe return, and her family had nothing to do with the idea of offering a ransom? Something is rotten in Denmark ...

Go back and listen to the interviews, recap the early facts. Maybe KP did not share everything he knew with LE (for legal reasons ...). Went out on his own, secured financial resources and a professional negotiator. It worked, his wife is home safe.

The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

I remember a episode where a wealthy wife took off with a guy and claimed to be abducted and called for ransom. She had marks all over her, and was bound with something. They had been holed up in a hotel room. I think it was in Florida. She was attractive, wealthy, with small children. It was all a hoax. I think the husband took her back, and her mom never believed it was a hoax, even after she admitted it n court. I'll see if I can find her name, but it was one heck of a case. She even claimed to have been raped, and actually said she enjoyed it. Weird case for sure.

Quinn Gray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That alarmed me too, but SP didn't release the photo did she? She or KP may have been asked and given permission, but their faces should be blurred IMO. Who felt the need to post photos of her children? Now the kidnappers know what the kids look like- if they didn't already.

I am beginning to agree more and more with parents who refuse to post pictures of their children on social media.

The kids are too young to know what was going on, but if they were told mommy is coming home by Thanksgiving thank goodness she did! I have never promised my kids anyone will be anywhere, because accidents happen!

No location has been given of where she is exactly- for good reason! Not only would I refuse to return to that home, I would delete all accounts and wouldn't ever post anything on social media again.

It would take a lifetime for me to feel any degree of safety for me my husband, my children and my family.

Thinking about her sister, I would think she is fearful for herself. ESPECIALLY if a ransom was paid. I would not want to be speaking to the media, I'd want to go into hiding.

IMO it's a big deal if SP was a planned out kidnapping and held for ransom?

They haven't been captured yet- I'd want armed security following me around 24/7 if I was an immediate family member.

So many questions.
People are all different, maybe I would be considered paranoid for feeling like this, but I would be freaking out! Happy I had my sister back, but very afraid for myself and my family as well.

It's not like she just returned home from a trip and normal life will resume once the laundry is done.
Or is it?
I would need serious therapy!
jmo

*http://www.redding.com/news/local/Security-experts-weigh-in-on-Papini-case-403058276.html?d=mobile

I'm right there with you. I heard the mail truck puttering around the neighborhood one evening last week and assumed the tap-tap at the window was the mail carrier knocking quietly so as not to wake any sleeping kids. So, I opened the door.

And there stood a stranger, all in black, asking how to get to Montgomery County, Maryland, claiming he doesn't know his last name, has no money, has no ID, that his family is dead, that he's afraid of the police, that he arrived in town via a friend's car, that the friend was shot in the face, "but it's no big deal because it happens all the time."

We have a Ring doorbell that records activity on our porch. The recording showed me entering the house with our dog at 7:39 and him walking up to the porch at 7:42.

We called the police, but they couldn't locate him.

I'm still afraid to take out our dog after dark. And I hate that the one time I didn't look before opening the door I really, really should have looked.

If I'd been through what Sherri has been through, I'd pack up, move, change my name, and vanish from social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members