GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about all the folks in her orbit, many of whom must have had suspicions for a long time. You can’t hide that level of disorder for very long. I am guessing she didn’t have many friends, and anyone who got close to her quickly saw that something was majorly off with her, and kept their distance. So many of us noticed, and she never interacted with us. I wonder what the other moms thought of her, and what experiences her childrens’ teachers had with her. As relieved as we are that this charade is finally over, I can only imagine the feelings of those who, based on their own histories with her, were even more sure it was all a lie. It’s such a deep level of dysfunction IMHO. At least she didn’t kill anyone, like the other examples of criminal female dysfunctionality we have seen on this site: LV, JA, CA, to name a few.

Running off to be with your ex-boyfriend and pretending to be kidnapped is one thing; all those self-inflicted injuries take it to a whole new level IMO.
And if you read the arrest warrant (affidavit?), she continued to ask for the victim relief board, whatever it’s called, to pay her therapy bills through 2021, when she knew in 2020 that the cops knew she wasn’t abducted. AND she successfully convinced a therapist she had PTSD for FOUR YEARS!!

I always thought something is off about Sherri Papini. I would not be surprised if she has Munchausen syndrome, which is extreme narcissism. Papini is like Michelle Carter, Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Betty Broderick, Gertrude Baniszewki, and Dora Cisneros.

I'm not aware of any particular trouble she caused in the several years before she took off. I think someone wondered in a previous post if it was because she was bored. I can totally see this - the big white wedding (again) and the birth of her 2 children kept her occupied for a while, but then the reality of suburban life with a husband and 2 kiddies set in, and it just wasn't exciting enough for her.

That still bothers me. That, and the fact that hubby used some of the donated money to pay off his credit cards, too.

I wonder if he had a feeling and thought he would publicly say things that might cause her to come back.

But his actions after the fact in contacting LE repeatedly with updates show either someone who was convinced she had been kidnapped or someone desperate to believe it was true, IMO.

I always thought something is off about Sherri Papini. I would not be surprised if she has Munchausen syndrome, which is extreme narcissism. Papini is like Michelle Carter, Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Betty Broderick, Gertrude Baniszewki, and Dora Cisneros.

She seems very Münchauseney to me. But she reminds me more of the murderer of Sandra Cantu. Scary woman.

Just imagine how she went to the therapist and lied session after session,
knowing she was fooling the therapist, and continuing on with it over
a period of time--If I was the therapist, now learning it was all a ruse
and lies, and that I bought it all, I might consider finding another
profession-- will the therapist ever trust another patient??

Of course we'll never know for sure, but I wonder if the therapist did buy it or if they had cottoned on and were trying to get Sherri to admit it on her own. [Dear Therapist: Hope you brought some popcorn because you're going to be waiting a while.] Since she'd committed no real crime until the fraud from the victims' fund, they may not have felt that they couldn't/weren't at a place of being able to break confidentiality under their profession. I know the bar is pretty high- not even all violent crimes against persons qualify to break confidentiality.

I think it's possible that SP saw KP on tv saying she would be home by Thanksgiving and decided to make it true in order to make her reappearance more dramatic. I don't think it points to KP being involved at all. Although quite frankly I found his behavior a little odd throughout the whole ordeal.

I think most husbands know their wives better than anyone else. I feel like he may have suspected she had pulled a stunt and just wanted it to end.

I have a difficult time understanding why she pulled this stunt. According to the ex-boyfriend, he picked her up and drove her to his apartment, where she spent most of the time sitting in a darkened bedroom where the windows were boarded up. No tv, alone during the day while he worked, no going outdoors. Sounded like a miserable, boring time. So why do it?

THIS. You put my thoughts into words.

I think it's possible that SP saw KP on tv saying she would be home by Thanksgiving and decided to make it true in order to make her reappearance more dramatic. I don't think it points to KP being involved at all. Although quite frankly I found his behavior a little odd throughout the whole ordeal.

I think most husbands know their wives better than anyone else. I feel like he may have suspected she had pulled a stunt and just wanted it to end.

I also thought his behavior was kind of odd, but I think he had a hunch that she left on her own accord. It seemed to me that he may have been acting like that on purpose to try to guilt her into coming home. Keith and Sherri went to school together and knew each other since they were younger. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know of her past dramatics <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member