GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amazing that 3 people knew she was at his place - ex-bf, his cousin, and his mother! And no one turned her in.

They probably knew the ex bf was tricked into harboring Sherri with her made up abuse stories and feared he would end up in criminal trouble. If she made up stories about her own husband she very easily could make them up about the ex bf.

"When she first woke up in the room, PAPINI tried to break the zip ties off her 2 wrists. PAPINI initially stated that her wrists were bound with zip ties behind her back and couldn’t break them. When she couldn’t break the zip ties, she chewed them until she could break them, and cut her lip in the process."
RSBM

She obviously has a post-jail future in a circus as a contortionist. :D

The lying and making up stories is also not a new thing for SP. This pattern of behavior doesn't bode well for her. I won't be surprised if she gets several years in the pokey when the case gets resolved, since she did lie to investigators and take money. I bet she takes a plea in the end.
I would think (well, at least hope) that the result of this particular escapade will help her to keep on the straight and narrow in future. She may be all sorts of things, but I don't think she's that stupid.

The therapist must feel humiliated and betrayed. So embarrassing.

Unless the therapist reported to LE that there was no kidnapping. Confidentiality has limits, and LE is funding, the Victim's Compensation Fund should receive reports.

IMHO, if that therapist reads here -- would have had charges filed much, much sooner....jmho.

jmho ymmv lrr

Well, he (ex BF) seems to be a slightly better person than her.

I’m wondering if ex bf had good intentions at the start by helping her get away from the ‘abusive’ husband she told him about. Then things got weird with her being a missing person, and now he is involved without even knowing it! I think he kept his mouth shut cause he was in over his head, and SP knew that would happen. He was used and fooled just like everyone else. Moo

I agree, but IS it safe to assume she will lose custody?
Well, I think if she's convicted the courts will certainly take that into consideration if Keith sues for it. I also think the courts will give him temporary full custody prior to a conviction, with the charges against her.
IMO she must be a nut and the courts will recognize that.
moo

Well, I think if she's convicted the courts will certainly take that into consideration if Keith sues for it. I also think the courts will give him temporary full custody prior to a conviction, with the charges against her.
IMO she must be a nut and the courts will recognize that.
moo
My husband’s ex got into drugs and subsequently crime after their divorce. She had custody of their son; he sued for and got custody. But she always had unsupervised visitation rights. It was terrifying at times. Unless the parent has physically harmed the child, it’s really, really hard to keep them out of the child’s life. Very, very frustrating and scary in cases where the parent is potentially harming the child psychologically, or is incompetent in some way.

And the PI didn’t uncover anything?
Didn’t even think about any of her ex boyfriends? Didn’t ask her parents about the photos that had recently been returned and going to interview any of her previous or possible current relationships?
Yeah really-she was engaged to this guy at one point. He didn’t interview him, or suspect anything was odd when he read that “keep walking” blog post? Guess the PI’s hinky meter was broken.

Just imagine how she went to the therapist and lied session after session,
knowing she was fooling the therapist, and continuing on with it over
a period of time--If I was the therapist, now learning it was all a ruse
and lies, and that I bouught it all, I might consider finding another
profession-- will the tberapist ever trust another patient??

It’s got to be devastating.

They probably knew the ex bf was tricked into harboring Sherri with her made up abuse stories and feared he would end up in criminal trouble. If she made up stories about her own husband she very easily could make them up about the ex bf.

I think that’s next. In one of the interviews, when she was confronted with having been at the boyfriend’s home, she said, “No! It can’t be him!” Or something like that. Trying to immediately pretend he was the perp and she just didn’t know.

I’m betting her defense will be he is the one who stole her but she was afraid to say, or something.

I would think (well, at least hope) that the result of this particular escapade will help her to keep on the straight and narrow in future. She may be all sorts of things, but I don't think she's that stupid.

Doesn’t it seem like a compulsion almost? I compare her to munchausen types. They can get better as they age. But it’s a serious urge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper