GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a history of <modsnip> behavior with SP, apparently going back to her young adult years, and possibly earlier. She was allegedly hurting herself when she was 21 and blaming her mother for the injuries.

The lying and making up stories is also not a new thing for SP. This pattern of behavior doesn't bode well for her. I won't be surprised if she gets several years in the pokey when the case gets resolved, since she did lie to investigators and take money. I bet she takes a plea in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - if she had refrained from grifting additional money from the Victims Compensation Fund, they probably wouldn't have gone so far as to check the DNA.

Don't you know she loved playing the victim to that therapist and telling anyone that would listen to her that she had PTSD from the "ordeal".

If she is Dx with one or more personality disorders, the sad truth is there is no cure. Lots of cognitive and other intense therapies can provide tools to the person to help manage their disorder(s), but that's about as good as it gets. The disordered thinking won't magically go away.

I hope her soon-to-be-ex can move on and find happiness and a normal relationship, in time. Their children will be most affected by this, first having an unstable mother, and then having their mother in jail and facing possible years in state prison.

I don't know anyone quite as bad as SP, but my mother has one or more P.D.s, which went un-Dx'd and untreated. A parent who is mentally ill leaves lasting scars on the children, and it can take decades to develop awareness and then confront and untangle it all.

Is it known if she did really visit the therapist?

The affadavit is not clear as to whether these costs were justified and backed up by invoices. Or merely claimed?

Why twice the ambulance fee?

Am reporting my post to see if its ok to discuss.

The affadavit is not clear as to whether these costs were justified and backed up by invoices. Or merely claimed?

It looked to me like the payments went directly to the therapist.

Discussion of the contents within a public AA is permitted as long as the document is linked.

Wow - if she had refrained from grifting additional money from the Victims Compensation Fund, they probably wouldn't have gone so far as to check the DNA.

Don't you know she loved playing the victim to that therapist and telling anyone that would listen to her that she had PTSD from the "ordeal".

The therapist must feel humiliated and betrayed. So embarrassing.

If she is Dx with one or more personality disorders, the sad truth is there is no cure. Lots of cognitive and other intense therapies can provide tools to the person to help manage their disorder(s), but that's about as good as it gets. The disordered thinking won't magically go away.

I hope her soon-to-be-ex can move on and find happiness and a normal relationship, in time. Their children will be most affected by this, first having an unstable mother, and then having their mother in jail and facing possible years in state prison.

I don't know anyone quite as bad as SP, but my mother has one or more P.D.s, which went un-Dx'd and untreated. A parent who is mentally ill leaves lasting scars on the children, and it can take decades to develop awareness and then confront and untangle it all.

I just hope she’s never made her kids sick for attention. That popped in my head.

Fly on the Therapist's Wall?
It would be interesting to read therapist's notes/records re diagnosis, treatment, & prognosis from sessions w Papini. Not likely, but still curious.

If Papini would speak candidly/truthfully & engage w the 'right' therapist, could she benefit from treatment? IDK.

Regardless I wish the $$$ had been used to assist an actual crime victim. my2ct

---------------------------------------------
{{{ Not particularly germane to criminal case.
Was therapist a psychiatrist, psychologist, or ___?
Affidavit* list shows Cal.VCB made ~ 30+ victim assistance payments ** to therapist btwn June 2017 & March 2021. W the size of those payments and totaling nearly $ 30,000, seems likely more than one apptmt per payment. }}}
"65. CalVCB limited the number of mental health sessions that could be reimbursed ... PAPINI’s therapist submitted multiple Additional Treatment Plans via fax. ... therapist diagnosed her with Acute Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (“PTSD”), and stated specifically that PAPINI had been “kidnapped at gunpoint,” “held hostage for 22 days,” and “physically and emotionally tortured, beaten, burned, branded, and drugged.” ... “Due to the dramatic nature of the crime... multiple interviews with law enforcement agencies, the trauma has been reactivated on multiple occasions;” ... CalVCB approved additional mental health treatments be covered for PAPINI’s fraudulent PTSD on seven separate occasions." bbm sbm
** ¶ 67 of Affidavit.

Last edited:
The therapist must feel humiliated and betrayed. So embarrassing.

Just imagine how she went to the therapist and lied session after session,
knowing she was fooling the therapist, and continuing on with it over
a period of time--If I was the therapist, now learning it was all a ruse
and lies, and that I bouught it all, I might consider finding another
profession-- will the tberapist ever trust another patient??

Wow, I JUST heard the news on my local station. I KNEW it. and I know I’m not alone.

Weirdly, I hadn’t checked in on the case in ages but she popped into my head yesterday kept recurring.

Going back to read ALL the info here.

HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND.

Well, that was a weird ending to this one. We all suspected that this wasn't an abduction but wow, just wow...

Weird that her husband reported her missing right away.

Weird that she went to such lengths to hide a simple affair.

Weird random stranger offers a huge reward.

Weird that her BF didn't come forward right away and likely participated in the fraud- who could brand someone even if they asked them to?

That she kept this up for years....

Weird that she doubled down when given the opportunity to come clean.
Weird that hubby accurately predicted the date of her return.

Weird that hubby accurately predicted the date of her return.
Weird that her family stated in a statement through a PR firm, that they were appalled by the way LE ambushed her and were confused by aspects of the charges, but said nothing about being appalled by what she had done and all the aspects of her stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper