GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the ex-boyfriend was lying when he said they didn't have sex? Why would he lie about that? He wasn't married, etc. Strange.

Maybe he didn't want to make himself look bad, since she was married. Or maybe it was just a case of thinking along same lines as the ex-prez of her country, re. the actual definition of sex ;)

Hadn't she also lost a significant amount of weight while at her ex bf"s?
Makes one wonder what all they were up to. :rolleyes:
moo

Sometimes I’ve wondered if SP pulled a Gone Girl just to escape her real life, financial troubles, and bored marriage just to hook up with an old bf and have an excuse to engage unfettered and unencumbered in anorexia/bulimia behavior.

Accessory means you are assisting someone else who is committing a crime. So it could be accessory to giving LE false statements if, after hearing from the news, what SP said to the authorities about being kidnapped, he destroyed/hid evidence, for example.

But I see no reason why LE would want to go after him. He is the key to getting the big lying fish. If he did do anything criminal I am pretty certain they offered him immunity in exchange for info.
From the criminal complaint it looks like the ex-boyfriend told the FBI what really happened when questioned. No mention of him lying or hiding/destroying evidence. I guess it's possible he did and they left it out of the complaint.

There's been some posts saying that the ex-boyfriend could be charged with obstruction for staying silent and not going to LE with the true story immediately after he knew this was all a hoax. Is that a possibility? Thanks.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edca/press-release/file/1479901/download

which is?

eta - if you’re saying you think they had sex, I agree. My point in posting the footnote was that she had sex with SOMEONE, and it would make the most sense for it to have been the ex. The footnote kind of says “we found sperm, and we’re not saying that it was the dna sample that we used to identity the ex, but we found sperm and only one males dna, wink wink”
lol yes same

From reading the criminal complaint I found it interesting that SP and the ex-boyfriend tried to hide their communications and movements by using prepaid phones and cars rented by other people.

Despite those efforts the FBI was able to track their movements. Awesome. JMO.

I wouldn't be surprised of the ex BF lied about having sex with her because he was afraid SP would eventually claim she was sexually assaulted by him and held against her will in order to cover her own behind. She clearly has a history of falsely claiming abuse/SA - she did it to BF 2 and to the husband (in order to get the ex to come and help her escape her Redding life).

From the criminal complaint it looks like the ex-boyfriend told the FBI what really happened when questioned. No mention of him lying or hiding/destroying evidence. I guess it's possible he did and they left it out of the complaint.

There's been some posts saying that the ex-boyfriend could be charged with obstruction for staying silent and not going to LE with the true story immediately after he knew this was all a hoax. Is that a possibility? Thanks.

IANAL, but I would guess that not lying to the FBI when questioned could keep the ex-boyfriend out of serious trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised of the ex BF lied about having sex with her because he was afraid SP would eventually claim she was sexually assaulted by him and held against her will in order to cover her own behind. She clearly has a history of falsely claiming abuse/SA - she did it to BF 2 and to the husband (in order to get the ex to come and help her escape her Redding life).

To me, this seems like a very plausible reason for him to deny it, if they did have sex.

My guess is he also may have denied it because he felt it necessary for him to portray himself as selflessly protecting an abused woman, as Sherri led him to believe. I imagine he actually knew a lot more about the actually true truth. Maybe, when questioned by LE, he thought it might be a better CYA move to appear not to have any ulterior or self-interested motives for allowing her to hide away.

I still maintain that if she and the ex were having sex, that is chiefly a concern to her husband. Everything else about this is a concern to the rest of her family, to LE and to the public.

Yes, there is no mention. I note, however, that he threw away the branding tool after branding her. What did he think he was branding her for? Who would do that to someone they like, let alone without knowing why? If he created "evidence" in order to help her fool the authorities, that could make him an accessory.

Also, what happened to his prepaid phone? When did he dispose of it?

Regardless, I do not think the feds have any interest in charging this guy even if they have evidence he was involved in helping her cover up what she did and lie to the authorities. They want someone who is going to continue to cooperate and that kind of thing dissuades others who might have info in a case from coming forward.

As to obstruction, we don't have a charge of obstruction in CA and similar charges do not fit his behavior. Federally, obstruction would have to include communicating threats or otherwise in a corrupt manner trying to impede an investigation. I don't know if that would fit.

Late to the party because, you know, life! Haven't read all 9 pages yet, but this stuck out to me! No wonder he is now an ex-husband. She craves attention in a bad way! Liar, liar pants on fire!

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259034893.html

“Ex-Boyfriend told investigators that Papini reached out to him ‘out of the blue,’ and that they had not spoken in a long time because ‘she got married, she had kids,’” court documents say. “Ex-Boyfriend estimated that sometime in 2015, he was cleaning his house and came across a box of old photos and personal items that belonged to Papini from when they were in a relationship together.” He sent the items to her parents, and she later called him to say she had been saving her money because she “had a plan to run away with him,” court papers say. “Papini told him that her husband was beating and raping her and she was trying to escape,” the documents say. Papini told ex-boyfriend that she had filed police reports, but the police were not doing anything to stop her husband’s abuse.

Maybe her ex-husband finally left her when the police came knocking in 2020 with evidence of her lying. She kept up the ruse, but he could see the truth??? Maybe he originally believed her out of love and rose-colored glasses

To me, this seems like a very plausible reason for him to deny it, if they did have sex.

My guess is he also may have denied it because he felt it necessary for him to portray himself as selflessly protecting an abused woman, as Sherri led him to believe. I imagine he actually knew a lot more about the actually true truth. Maybe, when questioned by LE, he thought it might be a better CYA move to appear not to have any ulterior or self-interested motives for allowing her to hide away.

I still maintain that if she and the ex were having sex, that is chiefly a concern to her husband. Everything else about this is a concern to the rest of her family, to LE and to the public.

Yes, true and the only reason I brought it up was because it showed he may've been lying about certain things, when there is purportedly proof otherwise via DNA. Otherwise, yes, it is irrelevant in the case I think.

Well, this is no surprise….. nothing about it sounded real.

What is sad is, both her and her husband, cashing in on the fund, and also so many people aware of where she was and the extensive search for her, yet no one called it in. This is the society we now live in. Could have been done anonymously and saved the police, the government and complete strangers a lot of time, efforts and money.

She is really where she belongs.

Late to the party because, you know, life! Haven't read all 9 pages yet, but this stuck out to me! No wonder he is now an ex-husband. She craves attention in a bad way! Liar, liar pants on fire!

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259034893.html

“Ex-Boyfriend told investigators that Papini reached out to him ‘out of the blue,’ and that they had not spoken in a long time because ‘she got married, she had kids,’” court documents say. “Ex-Boyfriend estimated that sometime in 2015, he was cleaning his house and came across a box of old photos and personal items that belonged to Papini from when they were in a relationship together.” He sent the items to her parents, and she later called him to say she had been saving her money because she “had a plan to run away with him,” court papers say. “Papini told him that her husband was beating and raping her and she was trying to escape,” the documents say. Papini told ex-boyfriend that she had filed police reports, but the police were not doing anything to stop her husband’s abuse.
I don't think he's an ex-husband, yet. JMO

From reading the criminal complaint I found it interesting that SP and the ex-boyfriend tried to hide their communications and movements by using prepaid phones and cars rented by other people.

Despite those efforts the FBI was able to track their movements. Awesome. JMO.

That struck me too! It seems they looked for the signals of any and all phones that pinged near where her phone was found. I had no idea that could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler