GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that her lawyer told the judge she has food allergies and can't eat the jail food. The judge told her lawyer to take it up with the jail.
The lawyer said Papini told jail authorities about her allergies, “but nevertheless she had not been provided with any food other than a part of an apple … to eat.” “She has not been able to eat since she’s been detained yesterday morning,” Borges said.

The judge told Borges that Papini’s dietary concerns would be noted.

Sherri Papini can't stomach jail food: lawyer

She seems very Münchauseney to me. But she reminds me more of the murderer of Sandra Cantu. Scary woman.

Melissa Huckaby. I always she was borderline narcissist like Jodi Arias or Betty Brodercik. Huckaby is one of those women who kill someone else's child, like Gertrude Baniszewski, Eliza Baker, Yoselyn Ortega, Gulchehra Boboqulova, and Lori Drew.

I am not sure if Sherri Papini is an injustice collector despite being an extreme narcissist. She does some characteristics of one and I do not think that motivated her. Huckaby is an injustice collector. Same applies with Baniszewski, Baker, Ortgega, Boboqulova, and Drew.

This statement is kind of irritating the more I read it. For one thing, I don't agree with the family that SP has cooperated with LE, by the very fact that she has LIED to them throughout this ordeal since 2016! And also, to deal with her subterfuge, LE ended up having to try a number of ways to get SP to tell the truth, including several her family complains about: through trying to pit hubby against her, and also threatening public embarrassment. It is called trying to get at the facts! The only thing I agree with the family about somewhat, is that SP could have been arrested not in front of the children. But other than that, I don't think their statement will garner much sympathy.
Just my opinion, but as I remember, her children would still be quite young. They cannot arrest her if she is alone with her children without taking them into DFS custody. So if there was another adult (her husband?), typically that person could shield the children from the trauma of watching their mother get arrested.

There have been so many lies in this case and my opinion is the story that she was “arrested in front of her children” is another exaggeration meant to paint SP as a victim.

Last edited:
Not much to chime in with, but I found this paragraph from the complaint interesting.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edca/press-release/file/1479901/download

44. According to records from Pinterest, on or before November 6, 2016, PAPINI pinned 19 photographs of woodburning tools to a “Secret Board” titled “Gift Ideas.”​

That date is, of course, after she disappeared.

THIS. You put my thoughts into words.
I’ve been trying to figure that out too. It appears that it wasn’t a sexual liaison. I wonder if KP had threatened to leave her or something so she pulled this so he would feel compelled to stay and take care of her. Although it’s pretty obvious she also just loves attention so maybe that’s all there is to it. Moo

Delay? Committee Vote?
Thanks for the links. I read through them all, and several more.... But it took six months from the request to receiving the results.
Also, in reading through your links and others, no mention was made that a "vote" needs to be taken to release the resuts, as identified on pg 29 line 23 of the Criminal Complaint - ("CA DOJ Familial Search Committee voted to release a familial search result"). I find it interesting that the process to receive the results required a "vote".
@Logansden77
CA.-DOJ F/S Committee was created by CA DOJ to coordinate the Familial Search process across the state. If interested in :Dtedious detail :Dre this seven member Committee (including Jan Bashinski lab staff, Deputy Attorney General, state prosecutor, and state and local-level investigators), see footnotes & read links.

If not, well this is my best guess, as it is not a rubber stamp procedure. {{ETA: The Committee is providing the investigative agency with the name of a person related to the perpetrator, not the name of the perpetrator.}}

Seeming delay in releasing info to LE?
Per below, iiuc, Committee meets to consider LE agencies' requests; the lab staff conducts (whatever) tech analysis; the Committee re-convenes to determine whether to provide/ release info to LE agency making request. If Committee decides to release info, then Committee holds an in-person meeting w requesting police agency, DA’s office, and crime laboratory.
If Committee meets say quarterly (just my guess) to review LE requests in batches, then the soonest the results would be released is three months. Or re time lag, there may be another explanation altogether, IDK.

Vote?
As CA.-DOJ Familial Search Committee
decides whether to release info, by its very nature seems protocol would require a vote, not just an individual CA.-DOJ or lab employee's decision to release info.
I've not found official admin. versions of CA. DOJ rules & reg's re this, but found a 2017 publication covering multiple states: Study of Familial DNA Searching Policies and Practices: Case Study Brief Series.
Pages 14 - 23 (hardcopy #) California excerpts:
"Release of Information to Investigator Once the BI has conducted their research, the Committee re-convenes to review the search results and accompanying non-genetic supporting information to determine whether the identity of the CODIS profile will be released to the local investigative agency...
If the Committee decides to release the identity of the potential family member in CODIS, the Committee and BI will hold an in-person meeting with the requesting police agency, DA’s office, and crime laboratory. The information is written up in a formal, structured memo explaining the search results and the Jan Bashinski lab’s process for obtaining the results. The memo emphasizes that there is a “reasonable probability” that the person identified is a relative of the individual who committed the crime being investigated and explains the genetic basis for this conclusion. During the meeting the BI also shares the information they found during their review of non-genetic information. Interviewees emphasized the importance of the educational component of this meeting including detailing how a familial search is performed and what the results convey. The Committee reminds the investigative agency of the caveats associated with the release of the information, particularly that the Committee is providing the investigative agency with the name of a person related to the perpetrator, not the name of the perpetrator. Legal and privacy concerns (e.g., privacy expectations of family members during course of the investigation) are also reviewed and addressed as needed before the name of the familial relation is..."

Page 23
"...an independent committee which approves progression of a case at multiple stages of the FDS process, conducting records research prior to release of information and using this non-genetic information in the decision-making process of whether to release the identity of the profile, and more stringent eligibility criteria...." bbm sbm
https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/251081.pdf

Last edited:
I'm doubting the judge is going to let her out on her own personal recognizance, or promise to appear, since she has a lifelong history of lying. As a matter of fact---that's what she's in there for in the first place LOL.

Any guess as to how much her bail is going to be? What's normal in California for her type of offense and character history?

Well, I think if she's convicted the courts will certainly take that into consideration if Keith sues for it. I also think the courts will give him temporary full custody prior to a conviction, with the charges against her.
IMO she must be a nut and the courts will recognize that.
moo
But isn't he sticking by her. Still? That's what I'm having trouble understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966