GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. Well here's what her sister thinks:

Sherri Papini's sister, Shelia Koester, posted a lengthy statement on Facebook, apologizing to the Redding community for her sibling's deceit. She said she didn't know her sister fabricated the kidnapping until she told her a day before she pleaded guilty.

"That Sherri could intentionally mislead her own beautiful children, her devoted husband, Keith, our families, the authorities, and all of you for so long is beyond comprehension and was done for reasons for which only she is aware," Shelia Koester said.

She added, "Sadly, despite what she has expressed to the media, she feels no remorse or guilt for the untold damage she has caused nor for taking advantage of critical criminal, financial, and mental health resources that should have gone to help real victims in need. It deeply pains me to say this, but my sister is very disturbed, and I hope, for her children’s sake, once she is released, she will finally get the treatment she clearly so desperately needs."

Guess that's why she's not staying with her own sister.

She got more time than I expected. Such a senseless and stupid crime. She destroyed her life and her relationship with her family for nothing. It is just impossible for me to understand some people.
Yes, couldn't she have just left Keith a note saying, "I'm sorry, but I need some time to myself for a while to sort out a few things." How hard is that?

Good catch! That’s weird.
This is an interesting family dynamic! Living with her husband’s sister and not with her own family. I wonder what Keith thinks of this arrangement. JMO

Outside the courtroom, Papini did not take questions from reporters, and was surrounded by more than a dozen supporters, some of whom hugged her tightly. They included her husband’s sister, with whom she has been living since she split with her husband, who filed for divorce and sought custody of their children after she pleaded guilty.

BBM

Well, that's very interesting.
I had already been wondering how Keith felt about SP, and now I'm wondering even more.
Yes, he filed for divorce, but was that to protect the family assets against the financial judgement?
Surely he must have suspected she had run a con, right? If not, I really do feel for him for being so naive and just trying to be a good family man.

Yes, couldn't she have just left Keith a note saying, "I'm sorry, but I need some time to myself for a while to sort out a few things." How hard is that?

But leaving a note isn’t dramatic enough for someone like SP. Based on her history, my sense is that she was trying to hurt KP and her family big time, and have a fuss made over her. She was probably bored!
jmo

Sherri Papini's sister, Shelia Koester, posted a lengthy statement on Facebook, apologizing to the Redding community for her sibling's deceit. She said she didn't know her sister fabricated the kidnapping until she told her a day before she pleaded guilty.

"That Sherri could intentionally mislead her own beautiful children, her devoted husband, Keith, our families, the authorities, and all of you for so long is beyond comprehension and was done for reasons for which only she is aware," Shelia Koester said.

She added, "Sadly, despite what she has expressed to the media, she feels no remorse or guilt for the untold damage she has caused nor for taking advantage of critical criminal, financial, and mental health resources that should have gone to help real victims in need. It deeply pains me to say this, but my sister is very disturbed, and I hope, for her children’s sake, once she is released, she will finally get the treatment she clearly so desperately needs."

Wow…
She likely has a personality disorder and it will be really hard for her to truly accept what she did and change.

I bet she will become a pariah in her own community once she is let out.

I feel very sorry for anyone who comes into contact with the Con woman.

I certainly would not want to have her as a friend.

Jmo

Well, that's very interesting.
I had already been wondering how Keith felt about SP, and now I'm wondering even more.
Yes, he filed for divorce, but was that to protect the family assets against the financial judgement?
Surely he must have suspected she had run a con, right? If not, I really do feel for him for being so naive and just trying to be a good family man.
Oh my gosh! What a smart thought. But he did file for sole custody. Very confusing.

I’m glad someone in her world sees through the act.

He also aided and abetted the fraud by picking her up under false pretenses, housing her for multiple days, driving her back into her area, helping her obtain and deploy the shackles, dropping her off on the highway. Suppose she was killed on the highway by a motor vehicle, wouldn't he have been responsible? You don't just drop somebody off on a highway shackled up (even though it was a lame type of shackling). That's gotta be some type of crime.

I mean, it's illegal, I think, to abandon your dog on the highway....

Note on edit: Just imagine if an old boyfriend or girlfriend from years ago asked you to do those things. Just imagine...
Any reasonable person would be like, "You're cray cray. Get the heck out of my life..." Instead, this guy helped produce the entire charade.
I don't think there is anything illegal about what he did. It sure is strange for sure, but I don't think illegal.

This is an interesting family dynamic! Living with her husband’s sister and not with her own family. I wonder what Keith thinks of this arrangement. JMO

Outside the courtroom, Papini did not take questions from reporters, and was surrounded by more than a dozen supporters, some of whom hugged her tightly. They included her husband’s sister, with whom she has been living since she split with her husband, who filed for divorce and sought custody of their children after she pleaded guilty.

BBM

That's crazy considering her own sister did a FB post the other day reading her the riot act. I'm glad I'm not in that family. Yikes!

I liked the comments made by the Judge as quoted in this article:

The judge also expressed doubts that her restitution would ever be paid: "I would ask rhetorically who is going to employ Ms. Papini in the future?"

I liked the comments made by the Judge as quoted in this article:

The judge also expressed doubts that her restitution would ever be paid: "I would ask rhetorically who is going to employ Ms. Papini in the future?"
That judge saw right through her unlike others she’s manipulated.

9/20/22

In the new video, a Shasta County Sheriff's investigator tells Papini: 'We have everything that says that [James Reyes] told the truth.'

Papini is seen in the video, holding her hands up to her face, as she is presented with the evidence.

Her husband, Keith Papini, who had been adamant in believing her claims of abduction is by her side.

The detectives continue to deconstruct her scheme saying: 'The reason you can describe the room is because you stayed in the room for hours on end.'

'The reason why you lost so much weight... is because you stopped eating,' the detective continued.

Speaking about the broken nose she suffered during her 'kidnapping,' the detective said: 'The reason why your nose was broken is because of a hockey stick.'

During this period, Papini remains silent, holding her head in her hands.

The investigators go on: 'Now the parts that don't make sense is that you're accusing two females who abducted you when it was James... The part that you were branded, James did it.'

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989
Back