Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now leaning towards the possibility that there was no extra bag of clothing. It appears now we are being led to believe the clothing in the bag was what Sierra was wearing.

So we now may have a perp who harmed her and took the clothes to a shed on Laguna.

The problem I have is why. Where are her shoes, socks, jacket, etc? There was a T-shirt, pants and underwear in the bag. If she walked out of the house that morning, she would have had on shoes and outerwear also.

Since the clothes were folded neatly and placed in the bag, it almost appears as if the perp was leaving a gift for the family and this was as close to the home he was willing to go.

This makes sense to me. Re: her shoes. With all this talk of searching the percolation ponds, I have to ask: Wouldn't waterlogged shoes help her sink? I know that boots would.

The body in Aromas was a missing local man. :-( Sad for his family. Praying that Sierra is found.

Sierra's shoes were not found, were they? I saw no posts regarding shoes or socks. Everything else was bagged and folded. What do you think about this? Rather than focusing on what they have, let's look a little at what's missing...just an idea.

Edited this just now. I see ImKeylime posted the idea first. I agree. Your insights are right along my line of thinking.

Good point. We all know that bodies and bodies of water in the bay area don't mix. (Laci)
---------
Well, salt water buoys. Also, many bodies in barrels. Although dogs have the capability of smelling bodies submerged in barrels, I remember a case involving that.

I'm just hoping that Sierra was considered to be a "prize" possession to this one, and she is still alive.

Although, if the perp. took her across the border into Mexico, then that involves a whole other layer.

I had initially ignored the reports about the empty handcuff box and the two condoms because I thought they were found in an area sort of known for parking.... does anyone else remember that? I need to go back and look. Given the timing on how long it has taken for the crime lab evidence to come back, and for the ensuing excitment over it, I am betting it IS related to those items. They couldn't be too surprised to find SL's DNA on the clothing, purse, etc.... but to find her DNA on those condoms and/or empty handcuff box is devastating news. If the condoms are involved - there will hopefully be an arrest soon - REAl SOON because, there will also be the perpetrator(s) DNA on that evidence.

DNA is on file for convicted felons in all our 50. ONLY 26 states collect DNA upon felony ARREST.

A local NM young woman was abducted, raped, murdered and set on fire. She fought hard and DNA was left under her fingernails. Her mom learned that only DNA from convictions were collected. She joined with John Walsh to co-found DNA SAVES to push legislation for collection of DNA upon a felony arrest.

http://dnasaves.org/

Off my soapbox now

I had initially ignored the reports about the empty handcuff box and the two condoms because I thought they were found in an area sort of known for parking.... does anyone else remember that? I need to go back and look. Given the timing on how long it has taken for the crime lab evidence to come back, and for the ensuing excitment over it, I am betting it IS related to those items. They couldn't be too surprised to find SL's DNA on the clothing, purse, etc.... but to find her DNA on those condoms and/or empty handcuff box is devastating news. If the condoms are involved - there will hopefully be an arrest soon - REAl SOON because, there will also be the perpetrator(s) DNA on that evidence.

I think I was VERY wrong in my original assumptions about where the condoms and the empty handcuff box were found - the video at the attached link has a neighbor who said the area was NOT known to be a 'lover's lane'... that you 'hardly ever saw any cars down there'.

Also from the linked article:

"....The box, which was used to ship handcuffs by an unknown manufacturer, was empty, Cardoza said. It was unclear how long it had been there, what condition it was in or if there was any DNA evidence left behind.
A volunteer for the KlaasKids Foundation, a missing person's group helping search for clues, found the box and condoms at the end of Palm Avenue, west of Santa Teresa Boulevard in Morgan Hill.
It's about a mile down Palm from the intersection of Dougherty Avenue where Sierra, 15, was supposed to catch a bus after 7 a.m. on March 16."

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20283168/sheriff-water-search-missing-15-year-old-sierra

---------
Well, salt water buoys. Also, many bodies in barrels. Although dogs have the capability of smelling bodies submerged in barrels, I remember a case involving that.

I'm just hoping that Sierra was considered to be a "prize" possession to this one, and she is still alive.

Although, if the perp. took her across the border into Mexico, then that involves a whole other layer.

I worry about her being in Mexico as well. They could have been over the border just about the time she was reported missing to LE. I think it takes about 9 or 10 hours if you drive straight through.

I think I was VERY wrong in my original assumptions about where the condoms and the empty handcuff box were found - the video at the attached link has a neighbor who said the area was NOT known to be a 'lover's lane'... that you 'hardly ever saw any cars down there'.

Also from the linked article:

"....The box, which was used to ship handcuffs by an unknown manufacturer, was empty, Cardoza said. It was unclear how long it had been there, what condition it was in or if there was any DNA evidence left behind.
A volunteer for the KlaasKids Foundation, a missing person's group helping search for clues, found the box and condoms at the end of Palm Avenue, west of Santa Teresa Boulevard in Morgan Hill.
It's about a mile down Palm from the intersection of Dougherty Avenue where Sierra, 15, was supposed to catch a bus after 7 a.m. on March 16."

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20283168/sheriff-water-search-missing-15-year-old-sierra
----------

Re: The label saying: handcuffs

I'd be willing to bet that the label was on the side and is in inconspicuous, small lettering. So, that is an excellent find accredited to the searcher who found it!

If we were to believe what was shown in the media, and I'm not mentioning names, then people might think that HANDCUFFS was in large, bold lettering across the top of the box.

If the ponds behind the RV park on Olgier are all Percolation ponds, then how do people fish there? and for what purpose? All I think about that is totally gross....IMHO

That is not where people fish. The Parkway Lakes fishing place (that is now closed to fishing) is further north on 101 at Metcalf.

I worry about her being in Mexico as well. They could have been over the border just about the time she was reported missing to LE. I think it takes about 9 or 10 hours if you drive straight through.
---------------
If she was taken over a border, then I think it more likely into Mexico, than Canada, even though Canada is closer to the abduction site.

Your opinion?

Hello all...is there anything new today? Any new developments? I feel like I've lost a full day and now I'm like ten pages behind! Eeeek.

---------

If she is still alive I am hoping one of the sightings and there were more than 1 of her in SOCal pans out. Something has told me from the start that is where she is. But with the new evidence hopes are fading to be honest.

---------------
If she was taken over a border, then I think it more likely into Mexico, than Canada, even though Canada is closer to the abduction site.

Your opinion?

Mexico is actually much closer. 10 hours vs 20 hours to Canada.

If the evidence from the crime lab is related to the empty handcuff box and two used condoms, what kind of neat-freak nutjob would leave those significant items discarded in an area that is going to be searched, yet 'neatly fold' the clothing and place them in a purse stashed beside a building that is also going to be searched? Who does this???

DNA is on file for convicted felons in all our 50. ONLY 26 states collect DNA upon felony ARREST.

A local NM young woman was abducted, raped, murdered and set on fire. She fought hard and DNA was left under her fingernails. Her mom learned that only DNA from convictions were collected. She joined with John Walsh to co-found DNA SAVES to push legislation for collection of DNA upon a felony arrest.

http://dnasaves.org/

Off my soapbox now

Not to mention that many places take a very long time to enter DNA into CODIS and then, you have to consider the DNA backlog. In some states, the DNA backlog is several YEARS. By that time, a perp can get away with a lot.

If the ponds behind the RV park on Olgier are all Percolation ponds, then how do people fish there? and for what purpose? All I think about that is totally gross....IMHO

In looking up a bit more about them, it will probably shock you to know they are for filtering DRINKING water.

If that is the case, then I would guess they are lined with gravel on the bottom to slowly filter down into an underground aquifer that goes into a water system somewhere down the line.

It is hard to imagine they would have a CODIS hit this early...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members