Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #11 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't they tell based on the Pings of her cell what time IT left her home? Or are they not that precise?

Also, is there a way to disable the tracking ability of a phone? Like someone could have disabled the GPS and signal and then left the area with the phone, but then later decided to go throw it on the side of the road?

I have an android razor phone and my gps is a matter of choice. I just have to check or uncheck it. Now, my 911 can not be disabled and it says that is so on any cellular phone. so, I don't know if that is the pings or what. jmo

The post of mine you refer to was in reference to a post about the false tweet that made such a brouhaha last night. It was my speculation on the motives for hacking Sierra's account.

Nothing to do with music whatsoever.

Sorry, :what: I was referring to the tweet being those lyrics and put your message in by mistake. Still was on my rant about Tyler the Creator's untoward lyrics.

If I have kids, their accounts will definately be "spied" upon by me.

Im surprised in this instance that SL's accounts were not private and her mom didn't put a stop to it. Not trying to judge her, but what is the point of having your daughter's cell phone shut off at 9pm, and then not looking into all of the innapropriate stuff she's posting online??? IMO

Also, there is always the possibility that SL's mom did monitor her activity, but SL knew what she could "get away with". She may have had other acount(s) or used "code" because she knew her mom would be looking.

I remember Sierra mentioning that she knew her mother was looking, but didn't care. She did have a different account, but closed it a while ago.

It could've been one of those constant battle things, it sounded like there were others.

MOO

Can't they tell based on the Pings of her cell what time IT left her home? Or are they not that precise?

Also, is there a way to disable the tracking ability of a phone? Like someone could have disabled the GPS and signal and then left the area with the phone, but then later decided to go throw it on the side of the road?

Maybe the perp had her phone??

Anyway, it could also they know whose DNA it is (if they have some and if they know) that it belongs to someone who has given it in this investigation. JMO

I don't see why they would not bring this person in for questioning, or even arrest them. Certainly they'd want to look into where this person was at the time Sierra vanished, and in the days immediately afterward, ask them to submit to a Lie Detector test, and if all that was happening someone would have leaked the news by now.

MOO.

OK... long shot here, but...

Sierra used to have an iTouch, but lost it. An iTouch is wifi capable, and can be used to post to twitter, facebook, etc. The posts, however, show up as being from a iPhone. The "mystery tweet" was sent "from iPhone." Is it possible that the person who found or took her iTouch back in February is the person who posted this? She would probably have had her login information saved, as you mentioned, so they would not need to know her email address and password to post.

I am pretty sure when you post something from an iTouch, it does show up as an iPhone on a lot of places.

But now thinking further about this tweet...I wonder if at some point Sierra had used someone else's iTouch to post something at some time. Then yesterday that person finally wandered into a wifi area and went to post something not realizing that it was still under Sierra's profile.

I know I have pulled up facebook before and posted something only to realize that it was one of the kiddos pages because they hadn't logged out the last time and then deleting the message before logging out and into my account. Sounds like that's what happened with the tweet since it was deleted so quickly after posting.

I keep running this through my tired old brain:

Is the bolded portion of this statement true? I thought that members of the military and LE were also in the database. Particularly military, since what is recovered in war may not be enough to identify the person by other means. And this brings us back to the comments in the earliest threads about the perp potentially being current or former military.

Their DNA is on file, but it is not in CODIS. They are private databases that are only used to ID bodies.

Ok. So the picture of Sierra in that shark sweater was taken after she was reported missing? it would have to be a picture of a picture then.. Right???

After much debate, it was "decided" that the photo (which was taken by iPhone the morning after she disappeared) was taken by a reporter, or even her mom, of the photo "Sherman" *LOL* (Sierra) herself had posted before school the day before. What was confusing us was that that the information tags on this image showed it was taken Saturday a few minutes past 10AM, until we collectively realized that this was not the ORIGINAL transmission of the photo, but a photo snapped of the computer screen by the reporter/Marlene. The first time she spoke with the press was Saturday at 10, at her home (which is why the location tag was right).

No, she was the only person the bus picked up at that stop since December. LE interviewed her peers early on in the investigation, both at Fremont and Morgan Hill.
(snip)

Being the only bus rider from her neighborhood is not the same as being the only student from Sobrato HS that lived in the neighborhood. Some parents may have been in the habit of driving their kids to school, especially if it was on their way to work, rather than shell out the $250 (or whatever amount they charged) for the bus. Some students previously waited at her bus stop with her, but had stopped doing so. Perhaps one got a license (or a car) and started to drive, after the school year began. Some kids may even have been driving since the beginning of the school year, especially if we are talking about an upperclassman with a job after school who needed a car to get there.

However we were told by LE that there was no scent found of Sierra by the dogs at that bag spot

But they found her bag. From her scent, right?

Im not educated about trailing dogs, so I'm sure someone can inform me.

I'm not understanding how they could "not find her scen there", yet find her scent there as evidenced by the bag.

Did they only find it on the bag? That just sounds really weird to me, if that's the case, in my mind it had to have been staged by the perp after the fact. Regardless of whether she placed the bag there, I feel there should be some scent of her there if she was around when the bag got placed there (I don't believe it was thrown from a car).

How would they differentiate the dogs trailing just the bag and them trailing her scent leading to the bag?

Did the dogs not lead to the bag?

If her scent truly wasn't at that location, that tells me something else.

MOO

Being the only bus rider from her neighborhood is not the same as being the only student from Sobrato HS that lived in the neighborhood. Some parents may have been in the habit of driving their kids to school, especially if it was on their way to work, rather than shell out the $250 (or whatever amount they charged) for the bus. Some students previously waited at her bus stop with her, but had stopped doing so. Perhaps one got a license (or a car) and started to drive, after the school year began. Some kids may even have been driving since the beginning of the school year, especially if we are talking about an upperclassman with a job after school who needed a car to get there.
True, but LE interviewed neighbors and went out to the high school to talk with as many as possible the monday after she disappeared. I have a friend whose son attends Sobrato, and he said "the place was crawling with detectives."And the detectives were there more than once, as well as the FBI. She could have gotten a ride from a student in that area, but I am hoping LE covered all the bases while the trail was hot.

I just realized it is possible that Sierra left the home anytime during that day prior to Marlene and Rick returning from work... She could have been taken in the afternoon or even closer to 4??
Why do we think she left first thing in the morning? What evidence is there that she left for the bus stop at all?
So, the perp could have been in that home with Sierra most of the morning...

That's so obvious it is scary nobody has introduced it. Well, it HAS been mentioned that the perp could have had her alone in the house for as much as an hour between the time Marlene left for work and she left for the bus. But you make a very good point. Her social media posts stopped at 7:11am, but that could simply be the time her phone was taken/given up... or because she was SUPPOSED to be at school.

It doesn't mean she left the house at that time, unless there is an alarm system that she armed that shows the time she did so. There were no obvious signs of a struggle in the house, but she could have been incapacitated, or not have realized that she was in REAL trouble until she got into the car later in the day.

She could have figured she was just hanging with a friend from Fremont who offered to take her back so she could see her sister. She might even have stayed at the house for a while hoping to intercept the school's call about her absence. If she had not missed before at this school, she might not have known the call would come much later.

They have asked the neighbors if they saw anything between 7 and 7:30am, but what about the rest of the day until Rick or Marlene got home?

Would she maybe call a taxi cab?
There had to to be a what if i miss my bus plan in effect all kids miss busses at sometime.

Maybe Marlene's BF worked close enough to take her to school if she missed the bus.:waitasec:

I am pretty sure when you post something from an iTouch, it does show up as an iPhone on a lot of places.

But now thinking further about this tweet...I wonder if at some point Sierra had used someone else's iTouch to post something at some time. Then yesterday that person finally wandered into a wifi area and went to post something not realizing that it was still under Sierra's profile.

I know I have pulled up facebook before and posted something only to realize that it was one of the kiddos pages because they hadn't logged out the last time and then deleting the message before logging out and into my account. Sounds like that's what happened with the tweet since it was deleted so quickly after posting.

Possible... but she DID have AND lose an iTouch, which WOULD have showed as posting from iPhone. She seems like the type to save her passwords so she could post her thoughts more immediately.

The reason I doubt it was a friend logging in from their own device that she had borrowed is that they would have had to not log in to their own account from their iPhone in a month. If their device was also an iTouch, again, they would have had to have pretty much not used it since Sierra disappeared for them not to have realized she was the last to log in. And why would they tweet lyrics from a song she had been quoting previously, from a band she was very fond of?

How would they have thought they were logged in as themself (I do not know what would have appeared on their screen... wouldn't it look different from their page?) long enought o have actually posted a message before realizing they were logged in as her? I'd think that the second they connected to the account, there would have been TONS of private messages from her friends too, that would have clued them in that this was NOT their account.

I have a hard time thinking they could have gone so far as to actually post a lyric before realizing they were on as her... log on, maybe, but as you said about the kids' accounts... you realize immediately that you are in the wrong place when you see the stuff already posted on the page, right?

Maybe I'm just naive but I don't think there was any staging going on with Sierras things. I think the answers are a lot simpler and the perps goal was to get Sierra. I don't think the perp thought out what s/he was going to do with her things. S/he grabbed her or she got in the vehicle because the perp had made enough contact with her previously for her to feel comfortable enough to accept a ride to school. The phone of course for obvious reasons was the first thing tossed because it was her only communication with the outside world and she most likely had it in her hand at the time. Why the bag was left where it was is a real mystery. If it was picked up by someone else that found it discarded, then got scared and stuck it there when they found out it was SL it totally throws off any relavence of the bags location to the investigation. I hope that LE is keeping this in mind and sending a message to the community that they will not be in trouble if they come forward with this information. If we knew that all of her things that were found there were in the bag as opposed to books and bag being seperate then we could rule out someone else picking the bag up and later discarding it there. Since LE is stating we don't know if the bag was thrown there or put there, it's hard for me to believe that that statement would be made if everything wasn't in the bag. LE also clearly stated they didn't know if the cloths that were neatly folded were ones that she was wearing that day or an extra set. They said this early on and I took it as though they were still possibly considering a runaway or skip school situation gone wrong. Why would they make that statement if the cloths were torn, stained or had signs that there was any kind of struggle? If the perp put the bag there, I think they thought it was a good hiding place and possibly could have felt comfortable in that location. They may have known that know one goes there for any reason. Before I came to WS's I had no idea or would never have thought about a extensive search and rescue operation. I doubt the perp did either. JMO

But they found her bag. From her scent, right?

Im not educated about trailing dogs, so I'm sure someone can inform me.

I'm not understanding how they could "not find her scen there", yet find her scent there as evidenced by the bag.

Did they only find it on the bag? That just sounds really weird to me, if that's the case, in my mind it had to have been staged by the perp after the fact. Regardless of whether she placed the bag there, I feel there should be some scent of her there if she was around when the bag got placed there (I don't believe it was thrown from a car).

How would they differentiate the dogs trailing just the bag and them trailing her scent leading to the bag?

Did the dogs not lead to the bag?

If her scent truly wasn't at that location, that tells me something else.

MOO

I believe the bag was found by a human rather than a dog. Once the bag was found, they brought in dogs to try to determine if Sierra herself had left the bag there.

The dogs would have indicated that Sierra's scent was on the bag but would not have been able to find a trail leading to the bag.

When I look at photos of the area the bag was found in, there is plenty of vegetation. We know it was found Sunday, two days after Sierra went missing. The weather had been cool and rainy. So scent conditions look pretty good to this amateur sitting 2000 miles away and not really familiar with California at all.

It's unlikely that whoever put the bag there walked in on foot; it's not urban or suburban, it's a rural area. So whoever placed the bag probably drove up with the bag inside the vehicle, then either got out and placed the bag (likely) or tossed it from the vehicle (less likely but within the realm of possible).

The theory behind trailing a human being is that human beings constantly shed skin cells. Millions and millions of skin cells every day. Those skin cells carry lipids from the skin plus the normal sort of skin bacteria that everyone has and these are called skin rafts. That is how a personal article like a purse gets covered with the scent of the person who uses it.

However, the bag itself is not producing skin rafts. Loose skin rafts fall off the bag fairly quickly and only a percentage remain. So the bag itself would not be shedding significant amounts of skin rafts on its own. Much less than what a human would leave in their wake.

I am really getting frustrated with the discrepancies between news releases.

Maybe Marlene's BF worked close enough to take her to school if she missed the bus.:waitasec:

I was thinking the same thing this morning. It's as if he has been kept out of the news, and I am hopeful LE has scrutinized him well. Does anyone know if he was given a polygraph test or any voice analysis under routine questioning? Sometimes a perpetrator looks very concerned when a child is missing.

I honestly do think that by not taking a better look at the immediate family (uncles, etc.) who are involved in the life of Sierra, it is a LE oversight. Why isn't there more scrutinization over him? Why is he being kept from the spotlight? Reputation? Well, history has proven that a person's reputation has zero to do with whether they commit crimes, or not.

The purse - as to questions by someone earlier, I believe I read in the news that the purse was found leaning against a building by one of the searchers, with the books adjascent, behind some bushes. They were leaning up against the building. I do also NOT think it was staged, but done to get rid of evidence, and I don't think they were thrown, but were "hidden" in that location.

Does anyone know if there is much shift work in the general area- being that someone would get off work in the a.m., leaving them time open in the day? Other than hospital/emergency workers?

PS why do so many of these MSM keep saying Sierra was last seen walking to the bus stop?? that is not the case, unless I missed that some where! I never heard or saw that anyone SAW her doing so that morning! grr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!