Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #11 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever confirmed whether the tweet from SL's twitter yesterday was from a hacker or from one of SL's friends "on accident".

The news seems to be reporting that it was hackers and they have been caught, but more than one of SL's friends seems to believe it was a friend that "accidently" logged into her account.

The contents of the tweet seems a little weird to me to be a hacker.

Lisa B. sorry I snipped this bit below to quote you:

Why didn't WHOEVER put Sierra's things there tuck them INSIDE the shed though? It was open, and there were plenty of spots to stash them discreetly, out of the elements.

I totally think that idea is most wise and true, thank you.

Hence, this was staged to be found, as a lot of us here agree and 'read' as the perps' removement of evidence from near them, but showed it was to look like an abduction.

JMO

Interesting thought about her knowing she was running late for her bus...only thing is that I believe that LE has said that the last activity on her phone was a text to a friend about some homework... MOO

I thought of this a while back. I cant remembe if it was on the day she went missing, or a different day, but it looked as if based on her tweets, or the timeline, she was going to be late.

I also wondered if the bus driver could confirm whether SL took the bus EVERY single day? This to me, would be one of the most important clues, but I have never seen it stressed by LE of the media.

If she took the bus EVERY single day, then the day she went missing something very out of the ordinary happened.

But if she never took the bus on fridays, or once in a while she didn't take the bus, then the potential perp may have given her rides in the past.

I would think if it could have been established that SL took the bus every single day, then LE and the media would have made a point about this. I could be wrong with that assumption though.

P S:

I just feel/saw/dreamt, that this vehicle used to transport Sierra is a dark red/burgundy ute and the 'men' who had to do it were staff in beige sandy coloured long pants and shirts.

One was tall but wide shoulders and muscley with blond military cut hair.

JMO

The thing is, even a lot of people here at WS were not shocked by Sierra's social presence...to me, that is even scarier. People say it is "normal"...if it is, it is only because somehow the world has allowed it become so...JMO...I know I have kinda harped on this, but I have 5 nieces and I frequently snoop thru their SM sites, and have never seen anything remotely resembling anything like I have seen since coming to "know" Sierra and her friends. And I look at a lot of pages, as I tend to browse thru their friends, etc. so we are talking probably hundreds of girls...(yes, I have too much time, I admit that...)

Even after all this time, it somehow seems that many parents feel their kids are safe as long as they are in their rooms...when in fact they may be exposing themselves to many thousands of people they would never have come across in their daily lives otherwise...JMO

You are so correct, had to bump it up!
By placing herself out there in the context of her social media she is exposing herself to danger.

Well liz b., I dunno- we really don't know what LE has found on her phone or computer, hmm.

Okay maybe she wasn't currently doing competitive cheering, according to this-
"...a family friend, said Sierra appeared to have adjusted to the move, briefly joining a private cheerleading club ..."

snipped from http://74.6.238.254/search/srpcache...4&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=Zvu56hpbSz7ULC0zLulWUQ--

If that is true, wonder why she quit?

and I reckon entering school in Oct, she missed tryouts for a position at Sobrato

Well liz b., I dunno- we really don't know what LE has found on her phone or computer, hmm.

"...a family friend, said Sierra appeared to have adjusted to the move, briefly joining a private cheerleading club ..."

snipped from http://74.6.238.254/search/srpcache...4&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=Zvu56hpbSz7ULC0zLulWUQ--

and I reckon entering school in Oct, she missed tryouts for a position at Sobrato

I read that while she was not cheerleading she was in a drill team. Not all sports have cheerleaders or drill team and I am not sure what sport would be going on this time of year. I suspect none. jmo

I thought of this a while back. I cant remembe if it was on the day she went missing, or a different day, but it looked as if based on her tweets, or the timeline, she was going to be late.

I also wondered if the bus driver could confirm whether SL took the bus EVERY single day? This to me, would be one of the most important clues, but I have never seen it stressed by LE of the media.

If she took the bus EVERY single day, then the day she went missing something very out of the ordinary happened.

But if she never took the bus on fridays, or once in a while she didn't take the bus, then the potential perp may have given her rides in the past.

I would think if it could have been established that SL took the bus every single day, then LE and the media would have made a point about this. I could be wrong with that assumption though.

Yes I wonder what her back up plan is if she was going to be late catching the bus. I haven't seen anything regarding her consistency with riding the bus, or even if she sometimes caught rides home to/from school. Not sureif it is unimportant or hasn't been explored.

(I didn't know that parents had to PAY for bus services! According to the school transportation site. Never heard of doing that)

:seeya:

My responses in bold :

I am still bothered how one new article says we are talking to the hacker and the other one says we don't know who it is.

Yes, I saw that too ... awful reporting ... just awful ... OR ... is LE using some sort of strategy :dunno:

Also does anyone els find it just a little be odd or weird that just on Monday night Marlene says " I miss her Rap Music " and two days later the tweet come out?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Interesting ...

Just something to chew on while we start our day.

I am :pullhair::pullhair: trying to follow this case ...

Yes I wonder what her back up plan is if she was going to be late catching the bus. I haven't seen anything regarding her consistency with riding the bus, or even if she sometimes caught rides home to/from school. Not sureif it is unimportant or hasn't been explored.

(I didn't know that parents had to PAY for bus services! According to the school transportation site. Never heard of doing that)

BBM: Are you from here in Cali? In the last few years, as the economy has tanked, our school system has gone basically broke....buses have redone their routes so even kindergarten children within a mile of school now how to walk (in many districts). My daughters bus passes for the school year came out to $250 per child. I think with the added cost of fuel, it just got too expensive. Crazy, isn't it? I was shocked when I got hit with a bill.

Lisa B. sorry I snipped this bit below to quote you:

Why didn't WHOEVER put Sierra's things there tuck them INSIDE the shed though? It was open, and there were plenty of spots to stash them discreetly, out of the elements.

I totally think that idea is most wise and true, thank you.

Hence, this was staged to be found, as a lot of us here agree and 'read' as the perps' removement of evidence from near them, but showed it was to look like an abduction.

JMO
I agree about the evidence being staged, but here is one reservation. Maybe the inside of the shed reeked like a giant cat litter box. Maybe Sierra worried about her purse and books absorbing that smell, so she had to leave them on the outside.

You are so correct, had to bump it up!
By placing herself out there in the context of her social media she is exposing herself to danger.

Its just my opinion, but I dont strongly feel that the context of Sierra's online activity is what put her at risk.

I think if what happened to her had anything to do with her online presense, then it was more likely just pictures of her and the fact that she was kinda a loner in her new school.

What people post online these days is crazy, but I think its so common that as long as it isn't directed at someone in particular, it probably wont get much attention. For instance, if she were talking smack about someone at school, or a certain race, or type of peoples then I think that might get some unwanted attention. But to me, what she posted might not be appealing to us, but I dont think it would necessarily draw in a perp.

JMO.

***Also, does someone have a picture of this shed where the purse was found???? :please:

She posted something about quitting cheering in Feb....

Interesting what was her plan b if she missed the bus?

And parents are ok with this?

Well....apparently! He stopped his son from posting for a month but I believe he should have locked it down. Trouble is....these teens redo the account under another name so their parents cannot trace them! On the opposite side of the spectrum, I have good friends in Cape Cod who do NOTallow any Internet activity or social media accounts to be even created by their three daughters ages 12 -17. They have parental guides on the two computers in the house. She, my friend checks their phones each day too to ensure no social media account exists there either. She has gps activated and will call them if they end up in the opposite side of Cape when they said they were going elsewhere.

Its just my opinion, but I dont strongly feel that the context of Sierra's online activity is what put her at risk.

I think if what happened to her had anything to do with her online presense, then it was more likely just pictures of her and the fact that she was kinda a loner in her new school.

What people post online these days is crazy, but I think its so common that as long as it isn't directed at someone in particular, it probably wont get much attention. For instance, if she were talking smack about someone at school, or a certain race, or type of peoples then I think that might get some unwanted attention. But to me, what she posted might not be appealing to us, but I dont think it would necessarily draw in a perp.

JMO.

***Also, does someone have a picture of this shed where the purse was found???? :please:

Here is a link to photos taken by WS member gaetanosleuth408.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SPOTLIGHT CASE CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #8

I also noticed that Sierra posted about being grounded a few times...but apparently that did not include restriction from computers or her phone, as she was still posting away...

Anyway...there is no way to know as yet if her social presence had anything to do with what has happened to her...but I guess it stands out as this is the first case, for me anyway, with a victim who had this controversial of a collection of SM...also, Sierra's disappearance does not seem to have altered or slowed down in any way the manner in which her friends post or tweet as far as I can tell, so they obviously are not linking anything, but one would think their parents might...JMO

Would she maybe call a taxi cab?
There had to to be a what if i miss my bus plan in effect all kids miss busses at sometime.

I keep running this through my tired old brain:
"If they know whose DNA it is, that means they're dealing with a felon because those are the only people whose DNA is on record," Marc Klaas of the KlaasKids foundation tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio.

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3869
Is the bolded portion of this statement true? I thought that members of the military and LE were also in the database. Particularly military, since what is recovered in war may not be enough to identify the person by other means. And this brings us back to the comments in the earliest threads about the perp potentially being current or former military.

I agree about the evidence being staged, but here is one reservation. Maybe the inside of the shed reeked like a giant cat litter box. Maybe Sierra worried about her purse and books absorbing that smell, so she had to leave them on the outside.

I dont think the dogs detected Sierra's scent there..I think the guy left them there and i believe it was at night in the dark he wouldnt go in the shed so he placed the thigs there behind the cacti maybe to move them later on.

why not bury them?

I think if a man rapes and murders a child they would ditch everything with her not leave a trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8