Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I remain open to the perp being just about anyone--male or female, adult or teen. Maybe more than one perp involved.

Something I cannot shake for now is the feeling that LE is watching someone (or several someones) in hope of tripping them up in some way. It has been soooooo quiet for so long now in this case, and I do not think it is because LE is at a loss for words. I believe they have clues that they have not told anyone about yet, not even the family.

I am keeping my mind open....but not posting any of those thoughts. However it really does seem logical to me that someone was watching Sierra in the mornings, and the someone knows the area or lives very nearby. There are other things I would love to know....but I'm waiting for that information if LE feel it necessary to put out there. I feel something too that LE is watching....watching....waiting. Why do I feel this way? I have no idea, it's just an instinct and I'm trying to just stick with the facts of what we know and work from that.

Checking the latest news and all there is are stories about the upcoming AMW sch'ed for May 11th...
Seems the big searches have ended... sadly not much happening - at least that we are aware of...

Personally, I am just not getting any positive vibes about the progress of this case, though I believe it is being worked as hard, if not harder, than many other cases and the intentions to find Sierra and find the perp are nothing but the best.

But I will try to find some optimism...Phylicia's case finally had an arrest for 1st-degree murder today, almost 16 months later...and it was the person they were looking at the whole time. Hoping Sierra's case moves faster and that she too is at least located, if in fact deceased...

Personally, I am just not getting any positive vibes about the progress of this case, though I believe it is being worked as hard, if not harder, than many other cases and the intentions to find Sierra and find the perp are nothing but the best.

But I will try to find some optimism...Phylicia's case finally had an arrest for 1st-degree murder today, almost 16 months later...and it was the person they were looking at the whole time. Hoping Sierra's case moves faster and that she too is at least located, if in fact deceased...

:seeya:

BBM: Wow ... the "wheels of justice move slow" ... but I guess 16 months is better than no justice at all ...

I agree ... I wish all of these cases would move faster ...

It seems like they all move 100 mph in the beginning, and after about 2-3 months, go to below 10 mph ... :waitasec: I hope that made sense ... know what I mean ?

:moo:

Well, anything is possible. Yes its possible she had an iPhone that her mom didn't know about. But this is very unlikely. How would she have gotten it, and who was paying the bills? Sure there are a lot of possibilities there, but we dont have any evidence to suggest this.

IIRC the pic of her "facetiming herself" occured right before she went to dinner with her friend where they ate duck. There is a picture of this as well. I believe this was in Fremont, and I believe this friend has an iphone (because IIRC all of her posts say "via Iphone").

Like I said, ANYTHING is possible, but there is little evidence to lead to any of these conclusions.

The most likely, is that she was using her friends device(s).

Then the next most likely is that she lied about losing her iTouch.

Then the next most likely would be that SOMEONE gave her an iPhone and was paying the bills (Although this is very unlikely, this would likely be the perp, and im sure LE would have found out about this by now).

i have an old Droid (not in service with a cell provider) that i can still use for everything except the phone part while being connected to wi-fi. so i think it's quite possible she had an old iPhone with no phone service, and no bill to be paid. she'd be able to do everything but make phone calls, as long as she had a wi-fi connection.

I had an 'expert' look at this case (my DD who Sierra reminds me soooo much of...) She said that the 'change' in item (IPod vs. Iphone) happened between 2/8 and 2/19. She was able to show me which were posted from Ipod or Iphone or computer (don't ask me how - she about fried my brain). I asked her what she thought happened... She said that she felt that somehow, Sierra had an Iphone. She said the Mom should have known she had a new 'device' - because I (meaning me) did when she tried Facetimeing after her text curfew of 9:30.

Her take (DD is a teenager which means she knows everything :) ) is that Sierra was picked up at the end of the driveway, tossed the phone, placed the bag for dramatic effect and doesn't contact because she is a 'stubborn 15yo'.

I asked her about contact - she replied that she (phone in one hand, ipodtouch in the other) could easily do without contact. (scary, huh?)

JMDDHO

At this point I remain open to the perp being just about anyone--male or female, adult or teen. Maybe more than one perp involved.

Something I cannot shake for now is the feeling that LE is watching someone (or several someones) in hope of tripping them up in some way. It has been soooooo quiet for so long now in this case, and I do not think it is because LE is at a loss for words. I believe they have clues that they have not told anyone about yet, not even the family.

I totally agree with this. Even with the Michelle Le case, when things were very quiet, that was when LE was building their case against Esteban. I think LE has a very good idea of who was involved with SL's disappearance, and they don't want to tip their hand.

JMO here....
I think she IS using an Iphone and a Mac combo.. it seems to me that the picture we are looking at (https://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh/status/178643362805579776/photo/1) is the screen shot from the iphone, and heres why i think that... (besides the fact that twitter says the picture was uploaded via twitter for iphone....
The device she is using to take the screen shout would be the Iphone, being that her picture in the top right corner is from the front facing camera on the Iphone (you can tell the placement of the picture and how she is looking at the phone camera)
To take a screen shot you have to push the top right power button and the bottom round button at the same time.. it looks to me like her left arm in the picture is reaching over to push the bottom round button, while using her right hand thumb to push the top power button. the angle of the big picture leads me to believe shes got the mac sitting on her bed right in front of her, somewhat pointed up at her, with her Iphone in hand...
that's just my :twocents:
does it make any sense???

But if she uses the iphone to take the shot we still see the iphone in her hand in the shot- if you get what I mean lol

Therefore in my logic (not always reliable now to be honest) she either takes the shot from the mac or another iphone/ ipod. And I'm leaning towards ipod/ iphone due to the camera symbol on the bottom of the picture...

Does that make sense?

i have an old Droid (not in service with a cell provider) that i can still use for everything except the phone part while being connected to wi-fi. so i think it's quite possible she had an old iPhone with no phone service, and no bill to be paid. she'd be able to do everything but make phone calls, as long as she had a wi-fi connection.

That would be the iPod touch. Where would she have recieved this "old iPhone"...?

I personally have had the ugly feeling that this may be another Morgan Harrington type case, and I don't like that one bit. :(

On Tuesday Steve LaMar flew to Los Angeles with AMW famed host John Walsh.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Americas-Most-Wanted-to-Feature-Sierra-LaMar-148923435.html
It appears Steve LaMar is going the distance to find his youngest daughter, Sierra.. I am glad to see this and hope that AMW is somehow able to bring about that piece of info that someone has that could very well be what sets in motion the finding of Sierra and bringing to justice those who have taken her from the lives of those who love her the most..

I did find the following quote interesting in that IMO its not a standard statement given by the producers of AMW.. JMO.
Sigue said the interviews included tough questions of the family members.

As I said jmo, tho as I am not claiming as fact that AMW producers have never ever said this on another case..

Am anxious to see the episode and only wish that it wasn't still over 2weeks away from airing. My honest hope is that the epidsode will never air due to the fact that sierra is found and brought home long before these 2+ weeks are up.. for those who love her most another 2+ weeks of no sierra, no answers is just unimaginable to even think about in terms of just how much longer that it truly is til may 11th with their still left not knowing where Sierra is and if she is still even alive and if by some miracle she is still alive the atrocities of what she may have endured... may still be presently enduring.. and. Continue to endure for God knows how long...

It truly is unbearable for those who love Sierra and my heart breaks for them continually as I pray for God to bring about the answers needed in order to FIND. and bring her home and put a stop to her loved ones most anguishing pain OF JUST NOT KNOWING..

ETA: I so hope that this AMW is able to bring about atleast more answers than what we saw with Holly Bobo's 1 year anniversary episode...Aaarrrggghh!!! So frustrating!!!

I totally agree with this. Even with the Michelle Le case, when things were very quiet, that was when LE was building their case against Esteban. I think LE has a very good idea of who was involved with SL's disappearance, and they don't want to tip their hand.

They were quiet but we knew who the suspect was very quickly. Here, not at all.

Even with Phylicia, most of us knew who the suspect was all along, just waited for LE to find what they needed.

JMO

If she had an iPhone that was not activated, and she loved it so much, why didn't she just have her number moved over from the Galaxy phone she apparently DIDN'T like?

But if she uses the iphone to take the shot we still see the iphone in her hand in the shot- if you get what I mean lol

Therefore in my logic (not always reliable now to be honest) she either takes the shot from the mac or another iphone/ ipod. And I'm leaning towards ipod/ iphone due to the camera symbol on the bottom of the picture...

Does that make sense?

Yes, Foxymona IMO it makes perfect sense.. I won't rehash my long winded opinion on what we have that IMO is as close to "proof" that is humanly possible(including video interview of CF, herself stating that Sierra spent that weekend(3/9,10,11) staying with CF in Fremont)regarding Sierra having been at friend, CF's house when the photo of Sierra "facetiming" with the white iPhone 4 in hand is made.. So, as is known MOO is that Sierra, at CF's home in Fremont(the room with pink walls) was goofing around as in her own words, "'facetiming' herself", by using the white cased iphone4 and an iPod touch.. The actual photo that is posted to twitter is a screen shot of the actual iPod touch's screen(as noted by others by the tell-tale blue bar icon located at the bottom of the photo).. I believe I recall someone upthread correctly describing the process of taking a screen shot on both iPod/iphone(as its the same for both) and that is by easily pressing the power button and the home button simultaneously.. For any who are not familiar with this process when you press these two buttons it essentially takes a photo of whatever is on the iPods screen, hence why we see the blue bar icon at the bottom of the photo.. It then saves the screen shot in the devices photo gallery just as it would for any other photo taken on the device..

From there the screen shot photo would be easily uploaded and posted to twitter just as you would any other photo from the iPod's photo gallery..

This IMOO is exactly how we are able to see Sierra actually in the process of "facetiming herself".. That is what the screen shot is capturing.. Any who have apple devices may want to do this to see for themselves this exact screen shot photo is the actual facetiming occurring.. I say she's goofing around for very good reason because when doing a regular person to person "facetiming" you would see 2 separate people captured within the screen shot.. One person in the upper right box and the other person would be on the rest of the screen.. Whereas we see Sierra IN BOTH THE BOX AND THE SCREEN because it is Sierra, herself that is facetiming with none other than Sierra, herself..lol.. Again goofing around as IMO typical teenagers do..

I completely understand that for any who are not at all familiar with what actual facetiming is and what you would see on the screen of a iPod/iPhone when the actual facetiming is occurring.. not knowing that you would see 1 of the 2 on the screen and you would see the other person with whom they are facetiming with in the upper right box.. Very similar to video chat as far as the concept that each of the two facetiming are able to see one another live on video as they talk..

As I said totally understandable for those not familiar with the process that it would be of an extremely confusing nature of what exactly it is that is being seen in this particular photo of Sierra "facetiming herself"..

As is always these are jmo, tho:)

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

I personally have had the ugly feeling that this may be another Morgan Harrington type case, and I don't like that one bit. :(

I am reminded of Brittanee Drexel. She lied to her mom to go to "Spring Break" with friends and then vanished. I keep coming back to the idea that Sierra really did get into the car willingly, and agreed to go somewhere other than school. It would have had to be someone she was really excited to see, IMO, or they were going somewhere she really wanted to go (Fremont?). Like BD, she is very pretty, and she is also a tiny little thing, and now she seems gone without a trace.

I had an 'expert' look at this case (my DD who Sierra reminds me soooo much of...) She said that the 'change' in item (IPod vs. Iphone) happened between 2/8 and 2/19. She was able to show me which were posted from Ipod or Iphone or computer (don't ask me how - she about fried my brain). I asked her what she thought happened... She said that she felt that somehow, Sierra had an Iphone. She said the Mom should have known she had a new 'device' - because I (meaning me) did when she tried Facetimeing after her text curfew of 9:30.

Her take (DD is a teenager which means she knows everything :) ) is that Sierra was picked up at the end of the driveway, tossed the phone, placed the bag for dramatic effect and doesn't contact because she is a 'stubborn 15yo'.

I asked her about contact - she replied that she (phone in one hand, ipodtouch in the other) could easily do without contact. (scary, huh?)

JMDDHO

I'm not too much older than Sierra and this has been my thinking from the beginning. It's not a popular opinion, but in my head it's likely; though a lot less so as time goes on.

Depending on why she left I could see the no contact especially if she were going with or to someone. And let's not forget she said she felt like her previous life was ruined, so IMO she wouldn't feel like she was leaving much behind.

One of my theories about the phone is that dad got her and her sister one, maybe didn't tell mom because it would create conflict. There's "analysis" from other websites that support my line of thinking on this, but I think a lot of us agree that there may have been tension between the girls and mom and that dad was the favorite.

If there's another phone, maybe she is still in contact.

From the facetiming thing I def. came to the conclusion that she had another phone; yeah it could be explained away, but I just think there's a huge possibility that there was one as that's what it looks like from her social networking.

Like I said, I feel like this theory gets less likely as time goes on, but you never know.

- JMHO

If she had an iPhone that was not activated, and she loved it so much, why didn't she just have her number moved over from the Galaxy phone she apparently DIDN'T like?

1) Not compatible with her service plan
2) Already registered on another account
-bill unpaid so phone belongs to the provider
- Stolen and blacklisted

I am reminded of Brittanee Drexel. She lied to her mom to go to "Spring Break" with friends and then vanished. I keep coming back to the idea that Sierra really did get into the car willingly, and agreed to go somewhere other than school. It would have had to be someone she was really excited to see, IMO, or they were going somewhere she really wanted to go (Fremont?). Like BD, she is very pretty, and she is also a tiny little thing, and now she seems gone without a trace.

But Brittanee had told her boyfriend of her plans and her friends all seem to have been aware. She lied to her parents, she didn't lie or conceal from her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18