Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree jessie. She says she is facetiming herself and when looking at the pix it looks like she's doing it just like you said, using both a macbook and iphone. Makes perfect sense and is totally something a teen would do, lol.

one other thing i noticed while looking at the face time pic is that im pretty sure its an IPhone and not an ITouch... The ITouch has more of a rounded body, where as the IPhone is more square. you can also tell by the case that the ear-phone plug is on the top left of the phone, where as the earphone jack on the itouch is on the bottom of the device (someone correct me if im wrong please).. the only Itouch's that have come out in white are the 4th generation and it looks to me like the device she has in her hand is too big to be the touch

Examples of each device:
ITouch
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPod-Touch-4th-Generation-Teardown/3562/1

IPhone
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/iphone-4s-1031754/review

JMO MOO and all that jazz

http://spotcrime.com/crime/27747980-78e15d208687e96cf17679f4bf252420

I like this Gooogle maps photo of the intersection where the later items were found because it gives a new sense of the distance to the metal shed. That can be seen off to the east and above the paved street. The shed is above or north of Laguna-Fisher, so the driver could have come back down Fisher and remained on it, if he wanted to go toward Calero. Yesterday I wrote about his maneuvers thinking the shed was below Fisher and closer to Santa Teresa. The Google photo is very good in that it includes a compass. Other photos I've seen did not.

Cottontop, throwing the phone over the lid of the car was my reference.

Thanks for the explanation Grainne.. Sierra had many material things a teen would dream of.

1.Iphone
2.Itouch
3.Mac laptop

Cutting off her phone @ 9:00pm makes no sense. Was that supposed to be some form of discipline or structure?

Need to clarify that this is incorrect. She did NOT have an Iphone, she had a samsung galaxy.

And it is believed that she had lost her iTouch.

This is why I brought up the whole "facetiming myself" topic. It appears based on the picture and how the picture was posted, that she was using two iPhones/iTouches. Its possible her friend had two devices, but it is also possible that SL had one or more of these devices and her parents did not know.

Need to clarify that this is incorrect. She did NOT have an Iphone, she had a samsung galaxy.

This is why I brought up the whole "facetiming myself" topic. It appears based on the picture and how the picture was posted, that she was using two iPhones/iTouches. Its possible her friend had two devices, but it is also possible that SL had one or more of these devices and her parents did not know.

Im going to have to disagree with you about the iphone, I dont think that is something we can confirm as being true or not. yes, she did have a galaxy, but its also possible that she has an iphone that we were not told about. if you go back and read my last 2 posts about the iphones, you will see where i am coming from.

JMO

Just checking in, keeping up with the SL threads, but still shocked there is no real news (unless I've missed something this morning). Has anyone else been looking on some of the crime blogs? I'm not naming them or providing links because I'd need to check on which ones are allowed to be linked here. What shocked me was that on those sites (having only followed along here and in the news) most people seem to have a concrete idea of who is responsible for Sierra's disappearance and it is no stranger, if you know what I mean.

It sure gave me food for thought. I'd love to say more but due to the TOS, I'd best let it lie. What I will say, is until I start reading these blogs, I firmly believed the suspect was a stranger or only very loosely acquainted with SL. Now, I'm not too sure and I don't like having that feeling....anybody else feel this way?

I think this needs further clarification. The phone that was found that was hers was a Samsung Galaxy. We do NOT know that she did not have an iphone also, that has never been determined, only what was found. That is the whole issue here IMO.

Even though there is both an iphone and an itouch in my house, and I know the differenc, I took the picture to a MAC store and they also said the same thing. The device in the picture is an iphone. FWIW.

I think this needs further clarification. The phone that was found that was hers was a Samsung Galaxy. We do NOT know that she did not have an iphone also, that has never been determined, only what was found. That is the whole issue here IMO.

Even though there is both an iphone and an itouch in my house, and I know the differenc, I took the picture to a MAC store and they also said the same thing. The device in the picture is an iphone. FWIW.

We dont KNOW anything for a fact, but there has NEVER been any evidence to lead us to believe she had an iPhone.

There was reference to her having an iTouch, but never an iphone.

She was with her friend (who has an iPhone) when that picture was taken. Based on what you said about the device in the picture, we can assume she is holding and iPhone and the other device is either an iPhone or an iTouch.

This still doens't tell us anything, because her friend could easily have two devices.

But I just want to re-state this, there has never been anything to suggest she had an iPhone at any time.

We dont KNOW anything for a fact, but there has NEVER been any evidence to lead us to believe she had an iPhone.

There was reference to her having an iTouch, but never an iphone.

She was with her friend (who has an iPhone) when that picture was taken. Based on what you said about the device in the picture, we can assume she is holding and iPhone and the other device is either an iPhone or an iTouch.

This still doens't tell us anything, because her friend could easily have two devices.

But I just want to re-state this, there has never been anything to suggest she had an iPhone at any time.

BBM
Do you have proof to back up the bolded statement??

IMO she obviously hid alot from her mom so whos to say she didnt have an Iphone hidden as well??? also, how do you assume the other device is an itouch or iphone? the placement of the picture leads me to believe she has a mac book sitting infront of her, facetiming herself on an iphone...

BBM
Do you have proof to back up the bolded statement??

IMO she obviously hid alot from her mom so whos to say she didnt have an Iphone hidden as well??? also, how do you assume the other device is an itouch or iphone? the placement of the picture leads me to believe she has a mac book sitting infront of her, facetiming herself on an iphone...

The photo was taken in a pink bedroom, NOT Sierra's room. It was taken in the middle of a weekend she spent with a friend in Fremont celebrating said friend's birthday. It isn't PROOF, but it increases the likelihood that Sjsleuth83 is correct in stating that She was with her friend (who has an iPhone) when that picture was taken.

The photo was taken in a pink bedroom, NOT Sierra's room. It was taken in the middle of a weekend she spent with a friend in Fremont celebrating said friend's birthday. It isn't PROOF, but it increases the likelihood that Sjsleuth83 is correct in stating that She was with her friend (who has an iPhone) when that picture was taken.

Could it be possible that it is her bedroom at her fathers house??!! not trying to prove anyone wrong, just trying to put pieces together....
This pic is on her twitter acct but you can tell that its the old name she uses.. however it looks like pink walls in the background...https://twitter.com/#!/sierramaeee/status/158337701014286336/photo/1

Could it be possible that it is her bedroom at her fathers house??!! not trying to prove anyone wrong, just trying to put pieces together....
This pic is on her twitter acct but you can tell that its the old name she uses.. however it looks like pink walls in the background...https://twitter.com/#!/sierramaeee/status/158337701014286336/photo/1

I'd say yes, except that her sister did not have an iPhone, did she? She did still have her iPod Touch, thsus making Sierra comment that she missed hers in a February post.

Well, anything is possible. Yes its possible she had an iPhone that her mom didn't know about. But this is very unlikely. How would she have gotten it, and who was paying the bills? Sure there are a lot of possibilities there, but we dont have any evidence to suggest this.

IIRC the pic of her "facetiming herself" occured right before she went to dinner with her friend where they ate duck. There is a picture of this as well. I believe this was in Fremont, and I believe this friend has an iphone (because IIRC all of her posts say "via Iphone").

Like I said, ANYTHING is possible, but there is little evidence to lead to any of these conclusions.

The most likely, is that she was using her friends device(s).

Then the next most likely is that she lied about losing her iTouch.

Then the next most likely would be that SOMEONE gave her an iPhone and was paying the bills (Although this is very unlikely, this would likely be the perp, and im sure LE would have found out about this by now).

Just checking in, keeping up with the SL threads, but still shocked there is no real news (unless I've missed something this morning). Has anyone else been looking on some of the crime blogs? I'm not naming them or providing links because I'd need to check on which ones are allowed to be linked here. What shocked me was that on those sites (having only followed along here and in the news) most people seem to have a concrete idea of who is responsible for Sierra's disappearance and it is no stranger, if you know what I mean.

It sure gave me food for thought. I'd love to say more but due to the TOS, I'd best let it lie. What I will say, is until I start reading these blogs, I firmly believed the suspect was a stranger or only very loosely acquainted with SL. Now, I'm not too sure and I don't like having that feeling....anybody else feel this way?

All I have to say is this:

Remember the vicious, nasty campaign against Somer Thompson's mother in forums? They had all sorts of seemingly compelling arguments that were really just ugly nitpicking of her life & mannerisms - they even went so far as to analyze her tears! And in the end, she was an innocent victim doing her best to keep her daughter in the media, being targeted by those who decided she was 'hinky' - another word for 'she doesn't act like I think I would act' or 'I don't agree with her lifestyle/decisions'.

There is a good reason for the TOS here - it prevents just that type of ugly re-victimization, which more often than not is more about being judgmental than trying to help the case.

All JMO.

At this point I remain open to the perp being just about anyone--male or female, adult or teen. Maybe more than one perp involved.

Something I cannot shake for now is the feeling that LE is watching someone (or several someones) in hope of tripping them up in some way. It has been soooooo quiet for so long now in this case, and I do not think it is because LE is at a loss for words. I believe they have clues that they have not told anyone about yet, not even the family.

At this point I remain open to the perp being just about anyone--male or female, adult or teen. Maybe more than one perp involved.

Something I cannot shake for now is the feeling that LE is watching someone (or several someones) in hope of tripping them up in some way. It has been soooooo quiet for so long now in this case, and I do not think it is because LE is at a loss for words. I believe they have clues that they have not told anyone about yet, not even the family.

:seeya:

BBM: I totally agree !

Now, this is JMO, but I think LE has evidence, but they need Sierra ...

I hope this does NOT become just another cold case ... there are way too many ...

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member