Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
------------
So, from what I can ascertain from your opinion, you think this is a lone stalker, and not part of a trafficking network?

I just don't see kidnapping middle class girls who will be missed as a viable business model when there are thousands of runaway and throwaway kids available to choose from.

There are always exceptions but this case just doesn't feel like one to me.

Why take a risk on a middle class girl whose parents are not going to be satisfied with anything less than the most serious charges and heaviest sentences possible?

If this wasn't a lone perp, then I think it was no more than two people who were working together for their own purposes (like Angelo Buono and Kenneth Bianchi or Philip and Nancy Garrido).

I thought of searching archived craigslist ads for that area (maybe get lucky and find that the car was bought/sold in the past year or so) although that may be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I did come across a Sacramento VW club... surely, LE has asked for help from groups like this, wouldn't you think?

http://forums.sacwater.net/

Okay, wait a minute...I'm missing something. If you go to the Find Sierra FB page, there is a sketch of a suspect....why would that be there? Am I completely missing something??? Wasn't that a suspect in another kidnapping attempt? Oy, I'm so behind...this has all been discussed, I know, but I kind of slacked on keeping up because nothing new was being released. Now I'm more confused than ever....:banghead:

It is confusing because there are several kidnapping incidents that are possibly linked to this case. The sketch on the "Help Find Sierra Lamar" Facebook page is of an older white guy. To be specific, he tried to kidnap a 13 year old girl from Walnut Creek, CA on 3/23/12. He is described as a white man in his 60's with a medium build, and short gray hair with high cheek bones. I have not sleuthed him, and honestly am just now hearing about him. There was a totally seperate kidnapping attempt on 4/10/12 of a different 13 year old girl from Boyle Heights. She was on her way home from Hollenbeck Middle School. The guy is described as "A Latino about 5-feet-9 with short-cropped hair, a pockmarked face and a tattoo of a dragon or a snake on his left forearm". He was not driving a red jetta, however, it was "a black, four-door sedan with what the girl described as a peace symbol on the hood, possibly a Mercedes. I called in a tip about the Hollenbeck Middle School case because after sleuthing the tattoo and description, I thought he looked a lot like a sex offender who has been missing since September, 2011. The missing guy is a man named Bernie Morales from Texas. Moarles was arrested July 2000 for aggravated sexual assault, but has been missing from Texas since September 2011. He has a 'pock marked face' and a 'snake tattoo' on his left forarm. He tends to look very different in various past mug shots.

I am attaching the mugshots of Moarles along with a sketch of the Hollenbeck kidnap suspect. You can read about the Morales kidnapping here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/04/police-seek-suspect-in-attack-on-13-year-old-girl.html

Attachments

• Bernie Morales vs Kidnapping Suspect.jpg
    Bernie Morales vs Kidnapping Suspect.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 31
The walk to the bus stop to me is a mute point IMHO. As her scent ended at the driveway.
On a side note they really need to clear up the car quick. Just got a call asking for volunteers on Weds & Sat. And they are saying red Jetta with a black roof . Not hood of the car.

These kids on twitter (Sierra's good friends)...they mention about the red car, and then right back to worrying about manicures etc...oh well...:(

I asked ABC news on Facebook to confirm black roof or hood. They answered me that according to the press release from the SCC Sheriffs office, it states black hood. I can't find the press release anywhere.

I asked because there is a huge difference between a roof and a hood of a car.

I just saw Marlene on the news and she seemed so upbeat and thinks this is a great lead. To me, LE doesn't seem so excited to share this news. It's almost like they did to create new interest in the case, maybe to appease the family?

I'm sure they wanted to find this car on the sly as to not play their hand.

Omo

Hi all, I am so hopeful that since this car was not painted all one color - someone must know someone with a car like that! My neighbors have a white car with a black hood... they crashed their car and replaced the mangled hood with the black one. It has to be something similar OR a custom paint job. Either of those situations would truly be memorable.

Even if the car has been repainted or dumped by now, someone should know the person who drove a car like this last month...I hope LE is getting lots of calls right now. I am afraid for Sierra though, if she is still alive, that this news may put her in worse danger, JMO.

The walk to the bus stop to me is a mute point IMHO. As her scent ended at the driveway.
On a side note they really need to clear up the car quick. Just got a call asking for volunteers on Weds & Sat. And they are saying red Jetta with a black roof . Not hood of the car.

Thank you JDB!!! I wish I wasn't on the East Coast... I would SO love to help. Can you find someone who seems literate and has good communication skills and explain the quandry that the 'black hood' vs. 'black roof' situation has generated? It would be fabulous to clear that up!

Roof?? Oh, that changes things... are there convertible Jettas? I hope they can find this stuff through DMV quickly.

Roof?? Oh, that changes things... are there convertible Jettas? I hope they can find this stuff through DMV quickly.

Kelley calm down I think it is the hood, once again like I said from early on with this case a story gets all screwed up.

Cardoza clearly says hood on the video, so unless he's mucking things up?

What does "hood of a car" mean to you guys? I think of the "hood" as being the part of the car that covers the engine... it is the part that can be 'popped up' to see the engine. You "pop the hood" if you have an engine light come on. I call the very top of a car the "roof". :waitasec:

It is probably described as a "black hood," and could very well be what they call carbon fiber hood in the world of car modification (as such: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/pedrider/?action=view&current=benjticarbonfiber.jpg). I would think something like this wouldn't be hard to track down, and hopefully LE has asked around at body shops since this is usually something done custom.

What does "hood of a car" mean to you guys? I think of the "hood" as being the part of the car that covers the engine... it is the part that can be 'popped up' to see the engine. You "pop the hood" if you have an engine light come on. I call the very top of a car the "roof". :waitasec:

Yes, well I'm in oz so we mostly call it the bonnet (tho that's probably morphing to the US"s hood) but certainly the hood covers the engine, hinged to open up and probably one of the easiest replaced bits of the car body no?

The dogs tracing her scent to the end of the driveway cannot be trusted 100%. I don't think the walk to the bus stop is moot at all, I think it really puts things in perspective as far as how easy it would be to kidnap someone in that area.

It is probably described as a "black hood," and could very well be what they call carbon fiber hood in the world of car modification (as such: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/pedrider/?action=view&current=benjticarbonfiber.jpg). I would think something like this wouldn't be hard to track down, and hopefully LE has asked around at body shops since this is usually something done custom.

Yes that's what I imagined it looking like. But I think it could also be a home done repair? You see a lot more mismatched panels here on cars that are obviously junky, and I imagine a hood might be simpler to replace than to be fixed if it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay