Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe sierra took the car

I've been wondering this too, if it was a runaway case, or at least started out as one and it "went wrong", maybe Sierra was driving the car at one point. :moo:

JMO and MOO ...

Here's my :twocents: fwiw :

I read the interview with Keith Lamar, Sierra's cousin.

According to cousin Keith, Marlene called him for "advice" about Sierra's cheerleading group's "problems".

What I would like to know is why would Marlene call Keith, a father with 2 young sons ? NO offense to Keith here -- and PLEASE don't take this wrong -- but why not contact the cheerleader's Coach, or talk to some of the parents about this problem ? What about talking to Danielle about it ?

I understand that she may have wanted to "vent" to her cousin, but he was in no position to rectify the problem ... so why not go to someone like the Coach who could help rectify the problem ? JMO makes no sense IMO ...

JMO and MOO, but these "cheerleading teams" have lots of "drama" ... "jealousy" ... "more drama" ... and while they CAN be "mean" and "spiteful", I do NOT believe they had anything to do with Sierra's disappearance ...

:moo::moo::moo:

Regarding Marlene making other calls - well, we don't know if she did or not...just because he didn't mention such calls in that very brief interview does not mean that they didn't happen. He never indicated that he was the only one contacted, only that she wanted advice ("help on how to deal with..."). Most likely the 'coach' or owner or whatever the private teams have was contacted, but IMO it's unlikely that anything would have been done about any bullying without very strong proof - remember, these girls pay to be on these teams, so in a conflict between one girl vs several others, the solo is going to lose.

That said, I agree that it's probably totally unrelated. These types of incidents are so common within those types of groups that it's only even noteworthy because of her disappearance (nearly 2 months later). Not that bullying is ever 'no big deal', but it is a pretty normal hazard for teens that stick out or are trying to fit into an established group.

Still worth LE checking out, which I'm pretty sure they did early on.

All JMO

I don't think that she ever planned to run away maybe she thought about it as I'm sure that thought crosses almost every teenagers mind but I don't think she planned it I do however agree that a bunch if teenagers would not be able to hide her without the help of an adult or older male maybe some guy that's single mid 20's lives alone that's why it is so hard to catch him slipping bc he's a loner MOO it has just gotten to the point where I'm stuck I do believe le has a lot of information that leads them in all kinds of different ways I do feel certain that they are working very hard I want to run with the bullying but I stop myself when I think about the time frame going on it's third month if it was more than one person involved I believe someone would be talking

JMO and MOO ...

Here's my :twocents: fwiw :

I read the interview with Keith Lamar, Sierra's cousin.

According to cousin Keith, Marlene called him for "advice" about Sierra's cheerleading group's "problems".

What I would like to know is why would Marlene call Keith, a father with 2 young sons ? NO offense to Keith here -- and PLEASE don't take this wrong -- but why not contact the cheerleader's Coach, or talk to some of the parents about this problem ? What about talking to Danielle about it ?

I understand that she may have wanted to "vent" to her cousin, but he was in no position to rectify the problem ... so why not go to someone like the Coach who could help rectify the problem ? JMO makes no sense IMO ...

JMO and MOO, but these "cheerleading teams" have lots of "drama" ... "jealousy" ... "more drama" ... and while they CAN be "mean" and "spiteful", I do NOT believe they had anything to do with Sierra's disappearance ...

:moo::moo::moo:

Maybe he didn't try to do anything because IMO so often it just makes the situation worse. Kids can be breathtakingly cruel.

Regarding Marlene making other calls - well, we don't know if she did or not...just because he didn't mention such calls in that very brief interview does not mean that they didn't happen. He never indicated that he was the only one contacted, only that she wanted advice ("help on how to deal with..."). Most likely the 'coach' or owner or whatever the private teams have was contacted, but IMO it's unlikely that anything would have been done about any bullying without very strong proof - remember, these girls pay to be on these teams, so in a conflict between one girl vs several others, the solo is going to lose.

That said, I agree that it's probably totally unrelated. These types of incidents are so common within those types of groups that it's only even noteworthy because of her disappearance (nearly 2 months later). Not that bullying is ever 'no big deal', but it is a pretty normal hazard for teens that stick out or are trying to fit into an established group.

All JMO

I agree with you mostly here, and I also believe LE has checked this angle out. But, as far as cheerleading and bullying between students goes - I think of all those crazy instances where cheerleading becomes cutthroat for coaches/parents and they end up doing something bad to another cheerleader. Hope this wasn't a similar instance, whether it was between students or not. I don't think it's what happened, but I wouldn't say it couldn't.

OK, I went through the photo album. She sent it via text but it says it was taken on 3/17...assuming that isn't the original photo?

For people wondering about this photo, trust me.. in the first 5-10 threads started for Sierra.. the picture was discussed at great lengths.

There is valuable information there as well, and worth exploring for our newer members.

I don't think that it is an automatic that if kids/teens were involved they would have told by now.

If there are arrests, yes, they will all want to be the first to give their version of what happened...but I think they could keep their mouths shut, especially if Sierra is dead and the consequences are beyond anything that can be fixed.

I am not sold on this theory of teens, but I do consider it possible. Especially seeing the car that seems to be involved.

Also, I can see teen girls especially taking everything of interest from her purse before ditching it; they may have wanted the bag as well, but perhaps it was too identifiable to Sierra.
JMO

For people wondering about this photo, trust me.. in the first 5-10 threads started for Sierra.. the picture was discussed at great lengths.

There is valuable information there as well, and worth exploring for our newer members.

Glad someone brought this up I simply could not bear another discussion on the photo.....serious. No offense to anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apologies for bringing up the photo again LOL I didn't want to discuss the photo so much as LE's "peek-a-boo" game with the evidence so far which is quite confusing, giving luke warm info, this might be what she wore, this car is "involved" etc ..

I don't want to disparage Sierra, because in fact I have a lot of empathy for her circumstances the last few months before she disappeared - but I do not think she was always the friendly natured girl as sometimes reported. Obviously it is only an impression and based on my own experiences. But if what I imagine of her is true, I cannot see her letting down her guard to "enemies" and getting in a car with them ... in her shoes I would not want to be vulnerable and show that I was prepared to be on friendly terms at their whim. Mostly I guess I just do not see her as being easily victimised by her peers ... victimised yes, anyone can be, but not with a lot of push back and not easily manipulated.

It really is awful that what seems like a turbulent and difficult phase for Sierra would have surely improved and resolved in time, she had a lot going for her, and instead some terrible fate has befallen her.

All JMO

While Sierra certainly fit the cheerleader mold as far as her looks and athleticism, her "gansta" persona seems odd for a cheerleader. Maybe that's why she wasn't getting along with the other cheerleaders?

While Sierra certainly fit the cheerleader mold as far as her looks and athleticism, her "gansta" persona seems odd for a cheerleader. Maybe that's why she wasn't getting along with the other cheerleaders?

That could well be true, rosesfromangels, considering 'how' she wrote on tweeter and tumblr... :what:

Wish the LE would fill us all in with a few more clues!

also, I've noticed (again!) quite a LOT of new members here, so...

:welcome3:

:greetings:

I agree. The cheer group (Black Diamond Elite) is out of San Jose. I find the heated exchange she had with one of her teammates on 1/21 pretty telling. Wasn't a jealousy thing, it was because Sierra 'acted black.' According to the other girl, Sierra could never last in Oakland (so she shouldn't have been wearing an Oakland sweatshirt?) Then the girl never Tweets with her again and Sierra quits the team. Then after she is missing, all of a sudden the girl is worried and misses her...very odd. Maybe just a typical teen spat. Could have surely sprung from jealousy, though. :waitasec:

Hi bgMiller5

Wasn't it posted on Sierra's twitter that very morning something along the lines of "bringing out the inner black girl" her very last tweet IIRC. Hmmm you may be on to something. Very hinky if you ask me. MOO

Apologies for bringing up the photo again LOL I didn't want to discuss the photo so much as LE's "peek-a-boo" game with the evidence so far which is quite confusing, giving luke warm info, this might be what she wore, this car is "involved" etc ..

I don't want to disparage Sierra, because in fact I have a lot of empathy for her circumstances the last few months before she disappeared - but I do not think she was always the friendly natured girl as sometimes reported. Obviously it is only an impression and based on my own experiences. But if what I imagine of her is true, I cannot see her letting down her guard to "enemies" and getting in a car with them ... in her shoes I would not want to be vulnerable and show that I was prepared to be on friendly terms at their whim. Mostly I guess I just do not see her as being easily victimised by her peers ... victimised yes, anyone can be, but not with a lot of push back and not easily manipulated.

It really is awful that what seems like a turbulent and difficult phase for Sierra would have surely improved and resolved in time, she had a lot going for her, and instead some terrible fate has befallen her.
Amen. I mentioned this earlier -- Sierra comes across as feisty and her own person. That's why I never bought into the theories that she was "lead astray" by anyone. I could see her putting up quite a fight unless she was immediately subdued. Therein lies the mystery: Did she know the perp in any way, shape or form? There were about 4 minutes between her last text at 7:11 am and 7:15 am when she would be going out the door toward the bus stop. That's an awfully short time frame, with no evidence of a struggle outside the front door nor inside, that we know of.

Then wouldn't your pic be at an angle and not straight-on, like hers is? Not a big deal, wither way, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I should go try it.

I am betting one of these girls is Sierra - Black diamond elite @ America championship - YouTube

No, I didn't post the video and am no relation - total odd coincidence (the youtube posters name was millertrips1). I was initially looking for any street car racing/car show videos from that area from the past few months and got curious about the Black Diamond group.

Quitting cheer midseason is unheard of because entire routines rely on everyone..lifts, dance etc. That would explain the animosity . It is clear that the cheer team got over it. They have been at all events, tied pink ribbons everywhere, fundraised etc. I know that after Sierra quit several others did too .

A time line
First she gets up and heads to the bus stop
What was the weather that day, did she need a jacket, tennis shoes etc.

Was she the only kid that waits at that bus stop
Do other kids wait there
did the bus stop that day
The phone was it thrown or was it dropped
could she have been dragged in the grass at that point and that is
why the phone was found or was it thrown from a car
the area where the items were found clothes purse etc is that in the same direction of the school
one theory being a friend or someone she new picked her up and offered her a ride to school
The clothes found in her purse were they used or not.
This would have shown if she wore them recently.
Has anyone looked up in the trees etc, could she have hung herself. You never know.

A time line
First she gets up and heads to the bus stop
What was the weather that day, did she need a jacket, tennis shoes etc.

Was she the only kid that waits at that bus stop
Do other kids wait there
did the bus stop that day
The phone was it thrown or was it dropped
could she have been dragged in the grass at that point and that is
why the phone was found or was it thrown from a car
the area where the items were found clothes purse etc is that in the same direction of the school
one theory being a friend or someone she new picked her up and offered her a ride to school
The clothes found in her purse were they used or not.
This would have shown if she wore them recently.
Has anyone looked up in the trees etc, could she have hung herself. You never know.
You'll have your questions answered by reading the timeline provided by Websleuths (see link above from Amandareckonwith). All of your statements have been discussed ad nauseam in these threads.

Has it ever been revealed why Sierra moved from Fremont to Morgan Hill? What type of crowd was she hanging out with? Good kids? Gangsta kids? Or? Do we know?

i recall some people saying that the scent dogs are not always 100% accurate. so it's possible they were wrong about Sierra's scent not being near where the bag was found. especially since she could have only been there a short amount of time. a possible reason for even going to that shed would be to have a private place to change clothes. i guess a part of me still wants to believe she ran away. her tweets indicate she definitely thought about it. and no prior history doesn't mean much to me, there's a first time for everything. i remember being confused by early articles stating that mom, boyfriend and dad passed polygraph tests - i couldn't/can't figure out why her sister was not included (considering she is an adult). if anyone knows a simple explanation for this? i can only imagine that a sister-sister bond is an extremely strong one.

*Just a local headline- hopefully isn't Sierra*

Headline in this afternoon's news- hopefully has nothing to do with Sierra.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20662903/body-found-guadalupe-river-san-jose

SAN JOSE -- A dead body was found in Guadalupe River on Saturday morning, police said.
Authorities are investigating whether foul play was involved, Officer Jose Garcia said.
The body's identity, gender and age are unknown at this time, Garcia said.

edited to say: we do have issues with homeless /indigent people camping along the guadalupe river here in SJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitB