Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so baffled about this car business...how can LE know who the car belongs to, and not know, 2 months later, who would have had access to drive it?? They say they have had the car since March...which must be within 2 weeks of Sierra's disappearance. Good grief, is there an endless list of people who had access to this car??? If so, it almost sounds like some kind of gang or frat car or something like that...

Your hypothesis is probably spot on. I have speculated that the car is salvaged with a stolen/inactive license plate. (Registration stickers stolen too.) Not an uncommon situation for the San Jose area.

Aye, that farking picture again.

Yes, indeed @Sjello. If you are referring to the pic where she is showing part of her tongue, I *highly* doubt her mother took that picture. That particular tongue pose, is a common pic pose and considered somewhat mildly suggestive. An alternative to the ever popular "duck" pout.

it makes no sense that her mother would've pointed the camera at the mirror instead of just taking the photo directly in front of her. the picture was taken by Sierra standing in front of a mirror - that is why the SJ Sharks Logo is facing the 'wrong' direction.

regarding the photo of Sierra (the one with her tongue sticking out and wearing a sharks shirt). we are SJ Sharks fans and i wanted to add that this photo was taken "in a mirror" most likely by herself. the fins of the shark are opposite what they should be. we have a bunch of Sharks stuff around here, so i tested this out myself using a hat and mirror.

How could it be in a mirror if we don't see the camera? I mean, I know she took the pic of herself, and mirror or not is irrelevant, just don't see how she could take a pic in a mirror without the camera in the shot. Most cameras have an option to take the pic in mirror fashion, she may have done that.

How could it be in a mirror if we don't see the camera? I mean, I know she took the pic of herself, and mirror or not is irrelevant, just don't see how she could take a pic in a mirror without the camera in the shot. Most cameras have an option to take the pic in mirror fashion, she may have done that.

all you have to do is angle the camera and put your arm off to the side, so it doesn't end up in the photo. i occasionally take pictures like this (only way i end up with a decent photo!) for me this explains the Sharks logo being 'backwards'.

This is so irrelevant...lol...but I am pretty sure one of her devices (either her laptop or her phone) was always set to take the picture in mirror mode. I know my webcam is set like this as default, so maybe hers was, too...the one on her laptop. Because a couple of these pics look like they are backwards....

12xSierraLaMar.jpg

I am so baffled about this car business...how can LE know who the car belongs to, and not know, 2 months later, who would have had access to drive it?? They say they have had the car since March...which must be within 2 weeks of Sierra's disappearance. Good grief, is there an endless list of people who had access to this car??? If so, it almost sounds like some kind of gang or frat car or something like that...

I found a video where Sgt Cardoza indicates they have "known" about the red VW Jetta since late March, but I could not find an article or video where the S/O admitted they have had the vehicle since late March.

There is a video of Sheriff Smith where she said, they did not mean to mislead the public, and as soon as they realized the public was looking for the cehicle, they let the public know they had the vehicle in "custody." She only said they had the vehicle prior to the Monday they announced it.

Do you have one by chance? I was hoping to find one.

Red Jetta Still the Focus of Sierra Lamar Investigation

KRON 4 News
By: Brian Shields
Mon, 14 May 2012 19:43:23 -0800

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- Forensic experts continue to scour a red Volkswagon Jetta with a black hood named as an important clue in the search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar.

Now KRON 4 News has learned authorities had the car in question in impound even before they put out an alert asking for the public's held in finding it.

"This red Jetta was known to investigators early on in the investigation at the end of March," Santa Clara County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio._ "There are other vehicles that we knew of at the time that were seen by a witness or the surveillance video that we obtained that were also in the area._ It wasn't until recently, the last couple of weeks based on some re-interviews and some tips and leads that came in that really piqued the detectives' interest._ They believed this red Jetta was associated."

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4125

I found a video where Sgt Cardoza indicates they have "known" about the red VW Jetta since late March, but I could not find an article or video where the S/O admitted they have had the vehicle since late March.

There is a video of Sheriff Smith where she said, they did not mean to mislead the public, and as soon as they realized the public was looking for the cehicle, they let the public know they had the vehicle in "custody." She only said they had the vehicle prior to the amonday they announced it.

Do you have one by chance? I was hoping to find one.

Sounds right on, this is what I have heard also.

Some vague info on tips that have come in since the case airing on AMW

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/tipsters-respond-to-amw-coverage-of-sierra-lamar

I haven't been looking for them, but I have read a lot of articles lately where victims of kidnappings have been found alive and well after a couple months. Generally I am pessimistic, especially re: human nature. But I am feeling good about Sierra being found alive. Someone is going to come up with that golden tip, I know it.

all you have to do is angle the camera and put your arm off to the side, so it doesn't end up in the photo. i occasionally take pictures like this (only way i end up with a decent photo!) for me this explains the Sharks logo being 'backwards'.

Then wouldn't your pic be at an angle and not straight-on, like hers is? Not a big deal, wither way, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I should go try it.

@bgmiller thanks for the other 'backwards' photos. i do not have the newest phone, so i guess i'm doing it the old-fashioned way. the main point was that she took it herself.

I haven't been looking for them, but I have read a lot of articles lately where victims of kidnappings have been found alive and well after a couple months. Generally I am pessimistic, especially re: human nature. But I am feeling good about Sierra being found alive. Someone is going to come up with that golden tip, I know it.

I'm thinking the same thing, generally the kidnapped child is still alive in human trafficking cases.

Hey fellow slethers I have been reading here for a while so while u don't know me I feel like I know all of you you all do a great job! As for miss Sierra she went missing on my birthday and although I'm 4000 miles away I feel like I need to do something to help find this girl I was really shocked to read the one part in Keith lamars interview about the cheering team I feel that is very important and it hasn't been mentioned at all until now and I think he made it a point to let that be known I feel like that might be worth looking at bc the competition of girls now a days is jaw dropping and the moms that will do anything to make there daughter better than yours I'm so glad I have boys btw

Sierra seems like a bright intelligent girl that has so much going for her I can't for the life of me believe she ran away so that leads me to believe she was abducted from someone she had met online or someone locally that introduced her to someone that led her believe they were gonna take her somewhere for a modeling job and she was gonna hit it big and she was told not to tell anyone what she was doing until it was over and maybe she didnt even know that march 16th was the day until the person pulled in her driveway and picked her up and once she got into the car she got out her phone to text her friend back and tell her she wasn't gonna be able to meet her before class and that's when it went down hill the driver begin to freak out and jerked her phone away and chucked it out the window and now she is freaking out so he has to act fast even though it might not have been planned to go this way he had to get her quiet and calm so at this point I'm not sure why and how the shed pocketbook clothes books came into play and ideas if u wish all of this is MOO

These two articles clear up why the crime lab is just now doing forensics on the red VW Jetta.

Article 1 - Here is an article where Sgt Cardoza said the red VW Jetta was located by investigators in early May.

The first tip came from a caller about 700 miles away from Morgan Hill. A person in Scottsdale, Arizona reported a possible sighting of the red Volkswagen Jetta. The caller remembers seeing a similar vehicle before investigators located it in early May, Cardoza said.

more
http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/tipsters-respond-to-amw-coverage-of-sierra-lamar

Article 2 - Here is an article where Sgt Cardoza said the red VW Jetta was known to investigators at the end of March.

"This red Jetta was known to investigators early on in the investigation at the end of March," Santa Clara County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio. "There are other vehicles that we knew of at the time that were seen by a witness or the surveillance video that we obtained that were also in the area._It wasn't until recently, the last couple of weeks based on some re-interviews and some tips and leads that came in that really piqued the detectives' interest._ They believed this red Jetta was associated."

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4125

Okay so they have only had the actual car a few weeks?
Still...hard to believe they cannot figure out who drove it.
JMO

Okay so they have only had the actual car a few weeks?
Still...hard to believe they cannot figure out who drove it.
JMO

The news has been so confusing that it has to be pieced together through various articles.

The news has been so confusing that it has to be pieced together through various articles.

I will never understand why it is so difficult for media to get things right, especially when they are supposedly listening to LE reps speaking...and they still come away with different versions.

Was the cheer group in Fremont or Morgan Hills, I wonder...
The interview by Chelsea Hoffman indicates definite problems for Sierra, wherever it was...bullying or worse. And from what I read on her twitter, she did not seem to have made friends in MH, so I tend to think it was a MH group, unless someone knows for sure it wasn't. The people she tweeted all the time all attend the school in Fremont.

I think the possibility of teens being involved is very possible, knowing this, as I always felt it was a possibility anyway. No one can be more cruel than teens, IMO, and we've seen far too many murders between teens. I hope this is not the case, as there is no way she is alive, IMO, if she was kidnapped by jealous or spiteful teens, in part because they would not have a place to keep her all this time.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member