Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've never found a good answer for was the "last photo" of Sierra. Does someone have a link to it? Did she post this online or send it as a text message?

The only way the public could accurately get the exif data on the photo is to have the raw file itself (the one she actually sent); otherwise, the data is most likely just going to be from whatever media outlet posted the photo. I doubt she actually used "e-mail" to send it.

I just skimmed this article so maybe I missed something but this really doesn't sound like new witnesses coming forward. It was more about reinterviewing people they've already spoken to, in the hopes that they will come up with something they didn't remember before.
I do want to add though... it's not always about "telling the whole truth." Not very many people can remember every detail of something the first time. Lots of times things will come to them that they didn't mention the first time, or another officer asks something that triggers a memory that had previously escaped them. It is very common for them to go back and talk to witnesses two or three times. And in cold cases, very often someone will agree to talk to them when they had refused in the beginning.
You never know. A classmate may know something and was afraid to reveal it the first time they talked to LE. Sometimes this is how these cases break.

"Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies confirm they are expanding the people they're interviewing in an effort to locate the missing teen." I guess I just took that to mean there are more people.

Chelsea Hoffman did a really good interview with Keith LaMar, Sierra's cousin. fyi...

The actual image file should have stored information about the time and date the picture was taken, as well as what was used to take it. Also the laptop should have a computer trail and timestamps. Finally the e-mail used to send the picture should contain timestamps as well as the ip address that the laptop was at when the e-mail was sent. LE should have all of the information... but of course they may or may not have searched the car yet. :banghead:

IMO, trying to fake the picture would have been a big mistake and LE should be able to figure that out.

Agreed, the information is at hand, for whatever reason they have chosen not to clear it up. The two most likely scenarios to me seem, taken and sent by Sierra that morning showing clothes she wore that Friday at least at one point, or taken at some point earlier and sent that morning by Sierra, so no evidence past pjs what she had on. The third scenario being it was taken by Sierra earlier, sent by someone else that morning.

Now if it was the first scenario you think they'd be happy to be clear about that but they have chosen not to. So weighing scenario 1, 2 and 3, it seems 2 is most likely given their lack of commitment to the photo and the way scenario 3 would shift the focus of the crime to the home when it appears they are focused outside the home. But we can only guess why they are pretty tight lipped about what should be pretty straightforward information, being more specific about her text at 7:11 and computer use around 6:30.

One thing I've never found a good answer for was the "last photo" of Sierra. Does someone have a link to it? Did she post this online or send it as a text message?

The only way the public could accurately get the exif data on the photo is to have the raw file itself (the one she actually sent); otherwise, the data is most likely just going to be from whatever media outlet posted the photo. I doubt she actually used "e-mail" to send it.

OK, I went through the photo album. She sent it via text but it says it was taken on 3/17...assuming that isn't the original photo?

Chelsea Hoffman did a really good interview with Keith LaMar, Sierra's cousin. fyi...
Thanks for letting us know!

For those of you who would like to read the interview (not sure how to post the link on here), you can google "chelsea hoffman keith lamar" and click the second website.

It is a very brief interview. Sierra's older cousin mentions that she was bullied by her cheerleading team. I'm not sure how relevant that is but I thought it was interesting. He also has some things to say to the perpetrator.

I thought they just found the photo on her computer. Was it sent to someone? I thought the only thing she 'sent' that morning was the text messages to her friend about bringing something to school.

I thought they just found the photo on her computer. Was it sent to someone? I thought the only thing she 'sent' that morning was the text messages to her friend about bringing something to school.

You are probably right, probably just the text was sent. I find it very strange that her mother took the last picture. I found the picture LE released as the 'last one' in the photobucket album. There are dozens of other pictures that Sierra took of herself that look really similar to that one. It would be weird if her mother took one that looked so much like the others - pose, position of the camera, etc. Was her mother the one that SAID she took the picture? I am guessing it is a picture of a picture because LE hasn't released the actual picture file??? Something weird about that, if her mother is saying she took the picture. Maybe just the media said it, though.

You are probably right, probably just the text was sent. I find it very strange that her mother took the last picture. I found the picture LE released as the 'last one' in the photobucket album. There are dozens of other pictures that Sierra took of herself that look really similar to that one. It would be weird if her mother took one that looked so much like the others - pose, position of the camera, etc. Was her mother the one that SAID she took the picture? I am guessing it is a picture of a picture because LE hasn't released the actual picture file??? Something weird about that, if her mother is saying she took the picture.

lol, I am so confused. Since when did her mother take the picture? I have never heard that one. I think her mom said that they found a photo on Sierra's laptop that was taken or uploaded that morning. I don't think her mom took the photo though. Did Marlene say she took it?

Sierra-last-pic-snappedbyMom.jpg

lol, I am so confused. Since when did her mother take the picture? I have never heard that one. I think her mom said that they found a photo on Sierra's laptop that was taken or uploaded that morning. I don't think her mom took the photo though. Did Marlene say she took it?

LOL That's what I am asking you. Hahaha....or anyone who knows. This may be what I call a "media glitch," ;) where they just decide to make something up. But, I'd like to probe more....

Well, this is from the NG transcript, so I guess she didn't say she did, unless she changed her story at some point:

GRACE: So you have her alive and well at what time, about 7:10, snapping that photo of herself?

LAMAR: At 7:15 because she was always in a rush to go to school. So I`m pretty sure it was probably 7:15, as far as, you know, doing that stuff. It was after -- like, close to 7:15, when that -- as far as the timeline.

GRACE: Did she attach a message with the photo that she texted to her friends?

LAMAR: That I don`t know. But I know that the photo was taken right before she left for the bus stop.

GRACE: To Sheriff Laurie Smith with Santa Clara County sheriff`s office. Sheriff Smith, with that text -- let`s see the text again, please, that she sent out the morning she goes missing. She sent this around 7:15 AM. There it is. Was there a message with the photo, Sheriff?

SMITH: The photo is actually separate from the text. There was a text message to one of her friends, and her friend answered the text. It was nothing that was critical to the investigation. I think she was just asking her to bring something to school.

LOL That's what I am asking you. Hahaha....or anyone who knows. This may be what I call a "media glitch," ;) where they just decide to make something up. But, I'd like to probe more....

I think that caption is wrong. From other interviews Marlene has done, I thought she said she didn't have much interaction with Sierra that morning except to just say goodbye before she headed off to work. I could be wrong, but I've never heard her say she took that photo.

This is what I know about the photo.

Originally it was reported Marlene took the photo. Marlene soon corrected this to Sierra sent it to a friend who alerted her to the picture straight away. The exif data on the photo is an iphone image taken the day after Sierra disappeared at her home, and this explains the quality of the image and what appears to be most likely the edge of a paper printout or possible a monitor. So the photo is a photo of a photo. I don't believe LE has stated if/how/when the original photo was transmitted.

Multiple news outlets have said that the photo was "tweeted", not sure how accurate that information is. Obviously it does not show up on her twitter account now.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-hill-teen-may-have-worn-shirt-in-tossed-bag/

March 23

Officials said Friday that the 15-year-old appears to be wearing the jersey in a photo she tweeted on the morning she disappeared. But they say the photo doesn’t show enough of the shirt to be sure it’s the one in the purse.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...ill-sheriffs-deputies-and-fbi-continue-search

March 23

But because Sierra's tweet only captured a small portion of the shirt, investigators can't be sure it was the same shirt located inside Sierra's Juicy-brand bag found at 1 p.m. Sunday, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

"Whether it's the same we don't know, but it's similar," Cardoza said.

I am so baffled about this car business...how can LE know who the car belongs to, and not know, 2 months later, who would have had access to drive it?? They say they have had the car since March...which must be within 2 weeks of Sierra's disappearance. Good grief, is there an endless list of people who had access to this car??? If so, it almost sounds like some kind of gang or frat car or something like that...

regarding the photo of Sierra (the one with her tongue sticking out and wearing a sharks shirt). we are SJ Sharks fans and i wanted to add that this photo was taken "in a mirror" most likely by herself. the fins of the shark are opposite what they should be. we have a bunch of Sharks stuff around here, so i tested this out myself using a hat and mirror.

I have been saying prayers for Sierra every day, and today I started saying prayers for the people who know what happened to her. We don't know the circumstances of how she vanished, but we know there are people who have information who need to step forward.

Can you imagine the fear and anxiety they are experiencing knowing it is just a matter of time before someone *does* speak and they will be found out? (And yes, that will happen.) I'm sure they are weighing in their minds how much longer they can stay in the shadows versus what will happen if they provide information. Can you imagine living with that every day knowing you are being hunted, and will be found out eventually? To have to live day in and day out with this on your conscience, eating you alive....looking over your shoulder... wandering if today is the day?

Let's all collectively pray that those who have information come forward (even anonymously) to provide LE with the information they need to find Sierra. Even if they don't identify themselves, they can rest easier at night knowing they have done a good thing. And no matter how bad the things we have done are, there is still good in every human being. Whoever they are - I am praying for them, as I'm sure they are deeply conflicted. Let's hope they do the right thing, and free themselves from the torture they must be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321