Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right. I am horrible with accents. Embarrassingly so... I have been known to turn on the closed captioning during Guy Ritchie movies...

::blushing::

It's easy to get confused when there is a thicker accent. Also some things don't translate "easily/correctly" and it comes off as odd or off the wall.

I've been crying from the overwhelming realization of just how very key and important that CA's law that's been passed to save an individual's DNA into the CODIS upon only their having been arrested with specific assaults.. Key is that there has to be no prosecution.. That their having merely been arrested for specific type assaults automatically mandates the individual's DNA sample is taken and entered into CODIS.. IMO it is that very specific key law that allowed this case to be solved.. And tho, it was not able to save Sierra's life I haven't a single doubt that this law which mandated his DNA be put into CODIS HAS ABSOLUTELY SAVED THE LIVES OF OTHER YOUNG WOMEN THAT HE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO HUNT FOR AND PREY UPON FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG.. This law IMO is so very key and important to not only solving Sierras case but IMO this is proof positive that with regard to this perp alone IT HAS SAVED THE LIVES OF COUNTLESS YOUNG WOMEN WHO WERE TO BE VICTIMS OF HIS IN THE FUTURE.. I cry because it's overwhelming to truly see the difference that can be made with such important legislation being pushed and passed by those who care enough to fight for it.. It IMO shows that not only can we make a difference but that in our getting behind such important issues, pushing forward for them to passed in our own local areas.. That we can actually save lives.. And it just might be the life of you or I's child that is saved from these laws being passed and enforced..

IMO these are areas we can really and truly make a difference and not just be anonymous posters spouting our opinions.. But to truly have a hand in making a difference in saving lives..and in realizing the power that you and I have to make a difference brings me to tears of both joy as well as bitter sadness in that with Sierra it just wasn't enough to have saved her beautiful life and for that I am so so very sorry for her loved ones..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

IMO... and to note, I am WAY back on catching up! I'm sure I will feel like an idiot posting this as there are about 25 more pages ahead of me.

My thought is that it was the person harassing her for awhile which is just sickening. I think she accepted a ride, stun gun was used, causing her to lose bladder control which = no blood found in car, but forensic evidence leading them to Sierra being in the car at one time. Hence, the big question we have all wondered... urine on the clothing.
Once they got the dna from bag and figured his car on the 3/28th - 4/7th time period, I think that would be when they would use the cameras on the buses to obtain footage and gather timeline which probably took time to go through. They probably did the days leading up to her disappearance as well to see if he was stalking the area. Perfect evidence for the circumstantial part.

they have sat on him since 28 march. I think they most likely have been advised about their case by the SA during that time and would not have moved to arrest unless they were confident in their case. Of course that is jmhoo.

They also must have realized after connecting him to possibly three other attacks that they have a loose cannon on their hands as they mentioned public safety as a reason to arrest him now..

bbm: not to quote my own self but just making a note that it was 55 days that they had 24 hour watch on this guy.

I am so surprised that that none of this leaked out to the public - the police searched his trailer/RV, took his car, and were following him (somewhere it said he knew the police were following him), etc.

LE has told media the perp is pleading the fifth (LE or DA may just not want to leak info on what he has said yet). His mom is claiming he told her he has never met "the girl." Not sure if they can use that as evidence, may be hearsay. But, if he did say he never met her and her DNA ends up in the car, that seems pretty damning.

Well we know family members as witnesses are a shot in the dark especially mothers protecting their sons/daughters. Yes, it's hearsay and of course she'll deny he ever met her on national tv. He's charged with murder. I wouldn't expect anything less from a distraught mom or family member. I watched his sister and my heart really went out to her. She seemed genuinely upset about all of this. She even acknowledged the LaMar family and what they must be going through because they have children too.

I am new to Sierra's case an have been trying to catch up, but I have a really big question:

Why did LE have the DNA evidence and keep him under 24/7 surveillance? Why wait so long for an arrest? Were they hoping to catch him attempting another abduction?

I mean, kudos on a job well done, but I am kind of stymied about the delay.

I hope Sierra is found soon. :(

I think they would have found this guy, from the car, even if they did not have the DNA match already. And would have made the match eventually. But thank goodness he is a fairly stupid criminal, to drive around in such a conspicuous car, leave his DNA all over her things, leave her bag with his DNA where it could be found, etc...

I am assuming he WAS smart enough not to have his cell phone with him, or to have taken the battery out, on the 16th, since it does not appear that LE has been able to track him via his pings for that date. Or at least not very specifically.

I am new to Sierra's case an have been trying to catch up, but I have a really big question:

Why did LE have the DNA evidence and keep him under 24/7 surveillance? Why wait so long for an arrest? Were they hoping to catch him attempting another abduction?

From what we are hearing. They were hoping he lead them to her.

LE stated they were hoping he would lead them to Sierra. I also remember reading somewhere, or maybe watching a video, that LE wanted to arrest him much sooner for public safety, but DA wanted more evidence.

they have sat on him since 28 march. I think they most likely have been advised about their case by the SA during that time and would not have moved to arrest unless they were confident in their case. Of course that is jmhoo.

They also must have realized after connecting him to possibly three other attacks that they have a loose cannon on their hands as they mentioned public safety as a reason to arrest him now..

Yes and his sister acknowledged they were being watched. With that said, if IIRC, the sheriff also said that they had to arrest now as you said for public safety because they couldn't guarantee 24/7 watch on him. (paraphrasing)

I guess they were hoping he would go back to where he put her. But it does seem like a long time for them to leave him free. JMO

They were hoping he would lead them to Sierra.

further thinking: this guy really has to have flipped a switch to leave her bag..! Why do that with his dna on it?

His sister also said in the video that he gave LE two swabs?

Why didn't he take the bag with him?

The bag still perplexes me to be honest.

I don't mean this to sound as crass as it's going to come off, but he doesn't seem smart or very good at doing this (let's hope at least). The link you showed me with the sketch of him from 3 years ago...how bad did he botch what he was doing to those women? He apparently believed in "luck," and thought he could get away with anything. The one reason I always thought that someone in her house had to have something to do with it was because someone was either really LUCKY or really STUPID to drive up to her house without thinking someone was going to follow her out...and I believe we know the answer is this guy thought he was lucky but he is really stupid. He probably freaked and didn't want to get pulled over or something and have the bag on him...only reason I could think of.

Now, this brings me to why I hold hope there may be a miniscule chance Sierra may be alive somewhere...

He ditched the phone, he ditched the bag....maybe he just took her to an abandoned house or trailer or something and just ditched her there without killing her. Tied her up and left her or something. I know it isn't pleasant to think about, but we know he's sick-minded. He had a feeling he was being watched so he didn't go back for her. It doesn't seem like killing someone was his motive, he was wanting something else. Yes, I am holding out hope she may be alive and just can't get anywhere...not "hoping" she is suffering, but it could be the case.

Yikes, most of these runaways and others that I'm finding all seem to have the same stats, brown hair, brown eyes, 5ft, around 100-140lbs. Can someone tell me, I'm looking up Santa Clara County, what counties are close, I don't wanna miss anyone that he could have gotten to on I 101.

I've been crying from the overwhelming realization of just how very key and important that CA's law that's been passed to save an individual's DNA into the CODIS upon only their having been arrested with specific assaults.. Key is that there has to be no prosecution.. That their having merely been arrested for specific type assaults automatically mandates the individual's DNA sample is taken and entered into CODIS.. IMO it is that very specific key law that allowed this case to be solved.. And tho, it was not able to save Sierra's life I haven't a single doubt that this law which mandated his DNA be put into CODIS HAS ABSOLUTELY SAVED THE LIVES OF OTHER YOUNG WOMEN THAT HE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO HUNT FOR AND PREY UPON FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG.. This law IMO is so very key and important to not only solving Sierras case but IMO this is proof positive that with regard to this perp alone IT HAS SAVED THE LIVES OF COUNTLESS YOUNG WOMEN WHO WERE TO BE VICTIMS OF HIS IN THE FUTURE.. I cry because it's overwhelming to truly see the difference that can be made with such important legislation being pushed and passed by those who care enough to fight for it.. It IMO shows that not only can we make a difference but that in our getting behind such important issues, pushing forward for them to passed in our own local areas.. That we can actually save lives.. And it just might be the life of you or I's child that is saved from these laws being passed and enforced..

IMO these are areas we can really and truly make a difference and not just be anonymous posters spouting our opinions.. But to truly have a hand in making a difference in saving lives..and in realizing the power that you and I have to make a difference brings me to tears of both joy as well as bitter sadness in that with Sierra it just wasn't enough to have saved her beautiful life and for that I am so so very sorry for her loved ones..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Well everyone here sure could HELP to get their State to pass the DNA SAVES law in their state. We need 24 more States to come on board making felony arrestees DNA mandatory.

States that have passed DNA Saves:

http://dnasaves.org/states.php

that's the dagger right there.
Why would her 'anything' be in his car?

It would be interesting if they found her shoes...

ETA ...but it could be her hair. I had a boss that I rode with to a group luncheon and his wife found one of my (22" long) hairs in his car and demanded to know who he was seeing.

I'm skipping thru... 700+ post behind on this thread. I saw maps pinning Sierra's home, where the purse was found, Safeway & pond. Question. Has the perps address been mapped? I did see that he lives in a mobile home with, wife, child & mother.

It is his mom's home. She lives there with his pregnant wife and their young daughter. It would be an intrusion on her privacy to post her address. JMO

Yikes, most of these runaways and others that I'm finding all seem to have the same stats, brown hair, brown eyes, 5ft, around 100-140lbs. Can someone tell me, I'm looking up Santa Clara County, what counties are close, I don't wanna miss anyone that he could have gotten to on I 101.

Sheriff Smith from presser this am

Since January of 2011, so a little bit over a
year, in Santa Clara County alone, there are -- let me get the
number. Sorry. I guess I should have had this first. I
think there's 43 missing juvenile females reported since
January of 2011 that have never returned home. It's --
it's -- you wonder if any of those actually were abductions
also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics