Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean this to sound as crass as it's going to come off, but he doesn't seem smart or very good at doing this (let's hope at least). The link you showed me with the sketch of him from 3 years ago...how bad did he botch what he was doing to those women? He apparently believed in "luck," and thought he could get away with anything. The one reason I always thought that someone in her house had to have something to do with it was because someone was either really LUCKY or really STUPID to drive up to her house without thinking someone was going to follow her out...and I believe we know the answer is this guy thought he was lucky but he is really stupid. He probably freaked and didn't want to get pulled over or something and have the bag on him...only reason I could think of.

Now, this brings me to why I hold hope there may be a miniscule chance Sierra may be alive somewhere...

He ditched the phone, he ditched the bag....maybe he just took her to an abandoned house or trailer or something and just ditched her there without killing her. Tied her up and left her or something. I know it isn't pleasant to think about, but we know he's sick-minded. He had a feeling he was being watched so he didn't go back for her. It doesn't seem like killing someone was his motive, he was wanting something else. Yes, I am holding out hope she may be alive and just can't get anywhere...not "hoping" she is suffering, but it could be the case.

But if he left her somewhere she's definitely dead. He been watched 24/7. JMO

further thinking: this guy really has to have flipped a switch to leave her bag..! Why do that with his dna on it?

His sister also said in the video that he gave LE two swabs?

Why didn't he take the bag with him?

The bag still perplexes me to be honest.

It bothers me too. I've thought about it every which way but Sunday and I still can't fathom what the point of it was. The only thing that makes sense to me is that when he went to dispose of his victim, he inadvertantly left the bag in his car and when he discovered it he drove it out to a place he thought he wouldn't be seen in, maybe in the dark? It's the only thing that makes sense to me. If he was wet and/or muddy from being at the lake, perhaps he didn't want to risk being seen in public with her bag...it still sounds wrong to me, but that's all I can come up with.

What makes me sick is that his twisted evil little act is going to affect the lives of so many. Sierra, her family, his family, his children.

Sheriff Smith from presser this am

Since January of 2011, so a little bit over a
year, in Santa Clara County alone, there are -- let me get the
number. Sorry. I guess I should have had this first. I
think there's 43 missing juvenile females reported since
January of 2011 that have never returned home. It's --
it's -- you wonder if any of those actually were abductions
also.

I heard her say that, but so far I've found three, but still searching.

Can someone help me out?!!

What did they find? His DNA on her clothing? Did they say tissue?

Her DNA was found in his car?

Sheriff Smith from presser this am

Since January of 2011, so a little bit over a
year, in Santa Clara County alone, there are -- let me get the
number. Sorry. I guess I should have had this first. I
think there's 43 missing juvenile females reported since
January of 2011 that have never returned home. It's --
it's -- you wonder if any of those actually were abductions
also.

Yeah, didn't think about that on my last post commenting how bad he was at it. Wonder how many it's been since 2009...seems to be when he "showed interest" in doing this....sickens me to think about it.

But if he left her somewhere she's definitely dead. He been watched 24/7. JMO

Plus there is no way she could stay alive if she has been tied up and left someplace for 2.5 months...no, I think the chances that she is alive are basically zero. JMO

IMO the two key pieces of most importance and that which is most damning are:

1) the first of which I'm certain the family is not even aware that their statements are only further damning their family member, ATG by their adamantly stating that not only it is their opinion that ATG did not even "know of" Sierra, but their adamantly stating that according to ATG, himself he didn't know her, know of her, nor had any connection or contact with/to her ever.. This IMO further damns him as to LE stating that within his car they have forensic DNA of Sierra.. This is of huge importance.. I see some mentioning CA and all the damning forensics of Caylee that amounted to nothing as far as convicting her.. But I must state this could not be farther from different of a situation as Caylee's DNA period had every right to be all over that car.. Whereas here with Sierra if it is fact as his family is adamantly stating there is no even remote reason or cause for Sierras DNA to be anywhere near ATG's car.. Yet we now know from LE that the red Jetta of ATG's does in fact contain proof of Sierra having been inside this vehicle.. That for me is a very key piece of evidence that absolutely will be seen introduced into court during his trial(if there is no plea made prior to a murder trial)

2) is that equally as important and damning and once again in using the statements made by his family members that there is absolutely no connection whatsoever that ATG had with Sierra.. Therefor further proving that ATG's actual DNA has zero reason, cause or excuse for having been found on the ACTUAL CLOTHES, AS WELL AS UNDERGARMENTS THAT SIERRA LAMAR WAS WEARING THE DAY OF HER ABDUCTION.. We now know from LE that the forensic testing of Sierras clothes have proven
A) they are the clothes Sierra had on when abducted
B) most damning and inexcusable is that ATG's very own personal DNA are actually on these key pieces of clothing of Sierra's..
IMO this key evidence equally as important and damning as #1.

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Would it be hard to convict him on this when he has stated, and his family is stating, that he has never met or knew of Sierra?

I mean, how do you NOT know someone but end up with your skin on their clothes and them in your car?

The car part... I know we all fall back on the Casey Anthony trial,... but... how does that DNA get in his car?

I am going to speculate here: Whatever previous attack this character is linked to it must have been a brutal attack. I am a little lost at why the are assuming Sierra is not alive, unless there is a death band, or going off of the previous attack?

EXACTLY!! There would be no reason for her DNA or whatever to be in his car if he did not know her, was never close to her.

Wonder if his family will now say he gave her a ride to school one time.

I read the interview with his sister and brother-in-law a couple pages back. What struck me is they both kept saying, "there is no evidence, she hasn't 'come up', there is no body." Shades of Joran Van der Sloot!

As to your last question, re: how they know Sierra is not alive. Just guessing, but where would he have her hidden, if she were still alive? I think it would be safe to assume that he didn't kidnap her to keep as a play toy, and he didn't turn her loose because that would be stupid, knowing she could ID him. So unless he sold her into the sex trade in Mexico, he killed her.

He could have admitted to killing her, or they could have talked to someone he hangs out with who told them he was bragging about it over a few beers.

So far - Check out the dates

Maria Gomez

Report Type: Runaway Juvenile
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 4 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 107 lbs.
Date of Birth: 5/14/1997
Clothing: Black jacket, black pants, brown ugg boots
Dental X-rays Available: No

Maria was last seen on January 20, 2012, in Morgan Hill

Marlene Sanchez

Runaway
Female
Hispanic
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
5 ft
140lbs
Birthdate: 5/19/1994

Savanna Arellano

Runaway
Female
Hispanic
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
5ft 2in
110lbs
Birthdate: 5/27/1995

further thinking: this guy really has to have flipped a switch to leave her bag..! Why do that with his dna on it?

What seems most likely to me: he's married and the prospect of explaining a Juicy Couture purse in his car complete with a woman's bra and panties in it was more than he felt he could get away with.

A little less likely to me: he has little or no knowledge of DNA and did not realise that just handling a piece of clothing could leave microscopic and identifiable traces of himself on it.

Can someone help me out?!!

What did they find? His DNA on her clothing? Did they say tissue?

Her DNA was found in his car?

Wendy, this is jmhoo but I am led to believe that the car dna came back which prompted the solid case/arrest (re: placed her in that car)

they also said his dna was matched to items in her bag on 28 march.. at that point they had 24 hour surv. on him (his DNA was a hit in CODIS)

they would not say what type tissue/fluid/hair/etc the dna was extracted from. If I were a betting person I would say semen as they strongly downplayed blood at the presser.

:moo:

Well everyone here sure could HELP to get their State to pass the DNA SAVES law in their state. We need 24 more States to come on board making felony arrestees DNA mandatory.

States that have passed DNA Saves:

http://dnasaves.org/states.php

As soon as Mitch gets Ditched (Mitch Daniels is the Governor of Indiana-he can't run again this year as he has been in office 8 yrs.) at the end of the year it may pass in Indiana as he hasn't passed a law that didn't line his pockets or do anything positive for the state. :moo:

:maddening: I can't stand him-he took away lifetime hunting and fishing licenses, made us observe DST and raised the sales tax to 7% :banghead:

Rant over, I feel better, thanks for the vent!

Well we know family members as witnesses are a shot in the dark especially mothers protecting their sons/daughters. Yes, it's hearsay and of course she'll deny he ever met her on national tv. He's charged with murder. I wouldn't expect anything less from a distraught mom or family member. I watched his sister and my heart really went out to her. She seemed genuinely upset about all of this. She even acknowledged the LaMar family and what they must be going through because they have children too.

I have a younger brother and if this same situation occurred, I can imagine doing exactly the same thing as this sister. I think I would be in shock and worried sick about my brother and feel that if anyone knows him, it's me. We grew up together, after all. It's a huge leap for a loved one of the accused to make, they are just too emotionally connected to see it clearly, Once she has time to get the information and let it really soak in, she'll have no choice but to accept it.

I don't mean this to sound as crass as it's going to come off, but he doesn't seem smart or very good at doing this (let's hope at least). The link you showed me with the sketch of him from 3 years ago...how bad did he botch what he was doing to those women? He apparently believed in "luck," and thought he could get away with anything. The one reason I always thought that someone in her house had to have something to do with it was because someone was either really LUCKY or really STUPID to drive up to her house without thinking someone was going to follow her out...and I believe we know the answer is this guy thought he was lucky but he is really stupid. He probably freaked and didn't want to get pulled over or something and have the bag on him...only reason I could think of.

Now, this brings me to why I hold hope there may be a miniscule chance Sierra may be alive somewhere...

He ditched the phone, he ditched the bag....maybe he just took her to an abandoned house or trailer or something and just ditched her there without killing her. Tied her up and left her or something. I know it isn't pleasant to think about, but we know he's sick-minded. He had a feeling he was being watched so he didn't go back for her. It doesn't seem like killing someone was his motive, he was wanting something else. Yes, I am holding out hope she may be alive and just can't get anywhere...not "hoping" she is suffering, but it could be the case.

I have two thoughts floating in my head, both just speculations/my opinion.

1. He might actually be very good at this, back in 2009 he was "just starting out", and has possibly gotten better at what he does. He has seemed to have hidden Sierra very well, and from what I have read so far only skin cells on her clothing (nothing super obvious like sperm or blood). And all his friends and family members have spoken out in disbelief, no signs of this side of him, if they are being honest. I have a hard time believing that he has been violent towards women in the past (his then gf, now wife), and linked to at least one 2009 assault and has sat around for the past few years doing nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being linked to, or confessing to one or more victims. The bag does puzzle me though, why not just destroy it?

2. My other thought is, maybe he did not plan to murder her. Maybe he was just planning a rape/release, but Sierra saw him (if he was initially masked or behind her?), or had an asthma attack or he got a little too rough. To me, this might explain the folding of the clothes, and hiding her things in a safe location. Maybe he was feeling guilt and remorse and was trying to "make amends" in a way by being respectful of her things? Although if he was remorseful at all he would probably fess up, not plead the fifth.

From what we are hearing. They were hoping he lead them to her.

Thank you! Well yes, that does make sense. I suppose it is easier to convict with her body. :(

I am just still blown away that they 'had' him for almost 2 months before arresting.

And do we know for sure that Sierra's family knew this info? TIA.

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/rationale-behind-sierra-murder-belief

I think the bolded part means her knew of her one way or another, either met her at a party or stalked her online or both. On Twitter a few times she mentions people constantly bombarding her with IM's and whatnot. Wouldn't be surprised if he was keeping track of her for a month or two. I said it many times that all the info she gave away online made it very easy to do. Two days before she went missing she said she was "waiting on her bus" at 7:15am...

SS said today they do not believe Sierra knew him and the family doesnt know him either. I bet even her friends had never seen this man either.

I still wonder if he didn't put the purse there then relieve himself in it. Like a "f you". Can you get DNA from urine?

Maybe he isn't the only one involved or the only one that knows.

Remember that YouTube video that that guy posted saying he saw the Jetta? He said he saw two men I believe.

But, who knows, it was stated this morning that they believe he is the only person involved at this time.

I think the bag placement is a sign of remorse after the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman