Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently started following this case. I'd heard about it, but didn't know many details. I'm glad they caught this guy, but I really hope he tells LE where to find Sierra. I'm not familiar with the area, but just looking at a map it seems almost depressing because there is so much rural area to search to the east and west of Morgan Hill. :(

I'm popping in a bit late here, but did his family say he left their RV at 6:50 am so couldn't possibly have kidnapped Sierra because she was still texting at 7:11 and it takes more than 30 minutes to drive that distance? Or is it a rumour? I can't remember where I read it.

I read that too, but I mapped it and it's only 7.5 miles from his trailer to Sierra's house. JMO

He really should just confess and lead LE to her body. California LE are always happy (and too quick) to make a deal.

I'm popping in a bit late here, but did his family say he left their RV at 6:50 am so couldn't possibly have kidnapped Sierra because she was still texting at 7:11 and it takes more than 30 minutes to drive that distance? Or is it a rumour? I can't remember where I read it.

I think his sister and FS said that, I don't know if it was on fb or twitter.

i feel like this guy probably knows of so many "good" places to hide a body. he seems to be to be someone that's always out. i used to run with some "gangsters" like him (in my early teens... not hardcore gangster murderers tho!!) and i know that they used to know of all these hideouts that almost no one would ever go to or even know existed. they'd go and smoke pot or drink at these spots.. so they were places that no one would see or hear them.. and this was in the middle of a big city. i can only imagine what it would be like in a place like MH and surrounding areas that have much more open land. if he likes to fish, it seems to me like he knows just that many more "good" spots to dispose of a body. given his myspace page, i can see he liked to smoke weed and drink, so he might have had some low-pro spots to do it at, especially if he chilled with some youngsters. i just don't understand why he wouldn't dispose of her property in the same place he disposed of her.. unless (like other posters believe) he was stashing it there to be able to go back to and maybe somehow relive this fantasy of his...

im trying to remember, is it after arraignment that the "bargaining" begins? a while back i spoke with a lawyer regarding something, and she told me that (i'm pretty sure) after arraignment, the prosecution will basically make their best offer regarding charges in attempts to avoid the lengthy trial process in what's called a pre-trial. maybe they'll make him the offer of "give us her location and this will be the offer...". i hold out hope that soon after this happens, we will find sierras body (if not sooner). maybe once they go to pre-trial and all of the evidence is revealed, etc etc... he will realize that he's done for.

I'm not following the logic in their argument. How would that exonerate him? If anything, it seems to suggest the opposite, because it sounds like she stopped texting around the time he would have arrived in her area.

I even doubt AGT even fished, to me it sounds like he used that as his excuse to go out and commit his crimes!

Edit to add: You live in a small RV, you need to get out of the house and commit your crimes, what excuse do you use so the wife or mother doesn't say, "Oh I'll come too" That would be FISHING for most women, not me, but a lot of women do not dig going fishing. They look at that as a man thing to do.

I hear you, I have a son that is a social butterfly on twitter and FB and he is 22 years old. He always post a comment and even his friends don't get it. They are usually vulgar and are lyric's to songs. Even his friends miss it is lyric's and not him actually saying it himself. However I've tried to tell him it looks bad and will stay with him. He doesn't see it yet, most kids especially today's kids live by the hour only. All I have to say is thank goodness I didn't have any girls. I'd lock them up in the house. LMAO

My 20 y.o. daughter is the same (Facebook). She never posts anything about drugs or alcohol, and defriends anyone underage who does, but she posts song lyrics, which I quickly Google, identify, and post the source as a comment so people will not get the idea she is demented. This has the unintended effect of making her friends think her mom is REALLY cool for knowing all those songs. Most of them I have never heard. She posts R-rated images (not of herself *whew*) and crude langage, and once in a while I have to talk to her about it.

I know Morgan Hill well. I can guarantee all of you that there is NO WAY it takes 30 minutes to get from his house to the area where Sierra lives, especially in early morning and especially if the travel route was not interrupted by stopping anywhere. I don't know how long it takes, but it's WAY less than 30 minutes. I'd say 10 minutes, 15 minutes tops and that's if one is stuck at a light.

I'm not following the logic in their argument. How would that exonerate him? If anything, it seems to suggest the opposite, because it sounds like she stopped texting around the time he would have arrived in her area.

Actually what she said was that they were with him that morning. I wish they were smart enough to just shut up. :banghead:

i feel like this guy probably knows of so many "good" places to hide a body. he seems to be to be someone that's always out. i used to run with some "gangsters" like him (in my early teens... not hardcore gangster murderers tho!!) and i know that they used to know of all these hideouts that almost no one would ever go to or even know existed. they'd go and smoke pot or drink at these spots.. so they were places that no one would see or hear them.. and this was in the middle of a big city. i can only imagine what it would be like in a place like MH and surrounding areas that have much more open land. if he likes to fish, it seems to me like he knows just that many more "good" spots to dispose of a body. given his myspace page, i can see he liked to smoke weed and drink, so he might have had some low-pro spots to do it at, especially if he chilled with some youngsters. i just don't understand why he wouldn't dispose of her property in the same place he disposed of her.. unless (like other posters believe) he was stashing it there to be able to go back to and maybe somehow relive this fantasy of his...

im trying to remember, is it after arraignment that the "bargaining" begins? a while back i spoke with a lawyer regarding something, and she told me that (i'm pretty sure) after arraignment, the prosecution will basically make their best offer regarding charges in attempts to avoid the lengthy trial process in what's called a pre-trial. maybe they'll make him the offer of "give us her location and this will be the offer...". i hold out hope that soon after this happens, we will find sierras body (if not sooner). maybe once they go to pre-trial and all of the evidence is revealed, etc etc... he will realize that he's done for.

I could be very wrong but I think they can make a plea deal up to the time the case is given to the jury for a verdict.

I hope we learn that AGT had some sort of kit in his car, ties, handcuffs, something that he used to tie his victims up. He may have used a taser but that doesn't last long enough to drive the victim to another location, so he would need to tie them up..or throw them in a trunk but still at a stop sign or light, that victim could get attention turned towards the car...too much of a risk if you as me. I think he had something in his car that tied them up.

Not only that, but if he is involved in the other attemps/abductions as we are thinking, he has to have been acting weird for a long time. I wonder if he knew about his dad's activities and thought it was okay. jmo

At what point does acting weird become the "new normal"? If he has been acting weird for a few months, she may assume it is the pregnancy upsetting him, or the death of his brother. A little longer? The loss of a job, or having to move the family in with his mom. Back further? Money problems. Legal issues. The first pregnancy. She probably HAS noticed he gets "stressed" but attributed it to things she knew about.

My 20 y.o. daughter is the same (Facebook). She never posts anything about drugs or alcohol, and defriends anyone underage who does, but she posts song lyrics, which I quickly Google, identify, and post the source as a comment so people will not get the idea she is demented. This has the unintended effect of making her friends think her mom is REALLY cool for knowing all those songs. Most of them I have never heard. She posts R-rated images (not of herself *whew*) and crude langage, and once in a while I have to talk to her about it.
I tried that, and my son defriended me on his facebook. The only things I see now is when he talks to his brothers on FB.

I really wish I could figure out how long AGT's father has been in jail. There are currently two pending cases with his name and one is from just a few days after Sierra went missing.

FB and twitter friends are saying that LE fabricated all the DNA stuff.....what a joke

Yeah, right. This is a horrible case for LE and they want nothing more than to catch the real person who did this. They aren't looking to pin it on someone just to solve a case. They want to find and prosecute this guy because they know that he took SL.

My brother in law works at Safeway with a friend of ATG and this friend told him that word "on the street is that SL father was involved in a drug cartel and they took SL" as some sort of pay back. What? Give me a break!

It's just so crazy the things people hear "on the street". Not sure what street that is, but on the street where I live, LE in this investigation rock and they are gonna solve this nonsense, starting today when they arraign this jerk for committing a horrendous crime.

I really wish I could figure out how long AGT's father has been in jail. There are currently two pending cases with his name and one is from just a few days after Sierra went missing.
AGT's mom stated in a video that he has been in jail just over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member