Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of people outside... (but that means not so much on the inside, eh??)

Also, the live stream is only working on my computer. The live stream on ktvu mobile on my iPhone is of boats moving through the ocean

Ughh, I've been trying to get it on my IPhone and was so confused by the boats! Thanks to everyone in advance for posting any info about the arraignment!

NBC Bay Area ‏@nbcbayarea
Antolin Garcia Torres does not enter a plea to charges that he murdered and kidnapped #SierraLamar. Next court date July 10.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

he doesn't have to plea now... most likely holding out to see what the state has against him

(huckaby did the same thing in the Sandra Cantu case and ended up taking a deal to avoid the death penalty)

Ok, because I am not so knowledgeable about this stuff, but why would he not enter a plea today? Does the state have to release what they have against him before the next hearing?

That's almost 6 more weeks until July 10th. Man, I wish they could find Sierra's body.

NBC Bay Area ‏@nbcbayarea
Antolin Garcia Torres does not enter a plea to charges that he murdered and kidnapped #SierraLamar. Next court date July 10.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

:wagon:

Hopefully Sierra will be found by the next court date, leading to more evidence against AGT and an airtight case for the prosecution.

Ok, because I am not so knowledgeable about this stuff, but why would he not enter a plea today? Does the state have to release what they have against him before the next hearing?

And, IF he said "not guilty", what would that have done??
I'm a dummy...either he did it, he didn't do it, or doesn't know if he did it???

what a joke, why keep bothering showing up for court if they are just gonna file a motion to continue? eeeek what a joke, probably be a year before he even goes to trial

And, IF he said "not guilty", what would that have done??
I'm a dummy...either he did it, he didn't do it, or doesn't know if he did it???

Yeah, that's what I don't get. What does he hope to gain by postponing to enter a plea? Why would he do this? And will what the state has against him have to be released before the next date?

And, can he do this again come July 10th?

Hopefully this is sooner than later...

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981367875#.T8fQ3qIxhXs.twitter

"The Sierra LaMar prosecution and the Antolin Garcia-Torres defense should be expected to both open up soon on case details that have been kept from the public thus far.

That's because the case is now entering into the criminal pre-trial discovery phase, where the suspect's public defender will have access to information prosecutors have regarding case facts, witness statements, police reports and more."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper