Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should take note that the newscast stated that a TIP has resulted in another search of a SouthBay lake. YES. I knew some good soul would step forward and help solve this case. THEY WILL FIND HER earthly remains.

Double down on prayers everyone, and please say one for the Tipster. They did the right thing - God Bless them.

Oh my!

I hate to get my hopes up...

But a tip from someone leading to searches is SOOOO encouraging!

:praying:

JMO

Actually all the delays have worked in that there is more time to find Sierra. When they do find her, he goes down hard.

Whereas if he goes to trial without her being found, there is room for doubt. Defense will try and spin about why her DNA was in his car, etc.

Case Archive (main) for Sierra LaMar:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=139187455452605561698004986372

Justice section chronicles the hearings and upcoming trial:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=139187460015109686782061444343

:goodpost:

(above BBM)

ITA, AmandaR, even though the delays have been beyond frustrating :banghead:, if not torturous for Sierra's family and loved ones! I have to believe the DA has good reason to have filed capital murder charges, without Sierra being found. There has to be quite a bit of evidence against agt; however, finding Sierra would eliminate so much of the reasonable doubt he has been counting on so far. IMO, that's why he's been dragging this entire process out. Once the official clock starts ticking, when he enters his plea, he knows he won't be able to stop #JusticeForSierra.

These delays will not go on forever, and he will be held accountable for ALL of his crimes. I refuse to believe he will get away with this!

:heartbeat: #FindSierra :heartbeat:

I'm really shocked it has been nearly 2 years. Doesn't seem like 2 minutes ago this happened. So very sad. Hopefully she will be found this time and hopefully justice can finally be served.

Does the fact that this thread was moved here mean she was found??

This is graphic, but it's important to either validate or debunk this rumor so that no misinformation gets spread.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Antonin Garcia had borrowed a wood-chipper within days of Sierra going missing, and that the DNA found in his car turned out to be Sierra's urine and brain matter?

I've been trying to find a credible source for this claim, but every post or article I find about it always links back to a column post by Chelsea Hoffman. I would link it here but, for some reason, WebSleuths seems to have blocked the site and I can't link it.
Anyway, I don't know if that site is a reliable source. Hoffman is not willing to reveal who told her this information or even what their relation is to the investigation.

I'm not really buying it right now. Especially since urine doesn't have any DNA in it unless the person is also excreting epithelial cells (which are the cells that line many organs and glands), and that doesn't happen in healthy people. You could use context clues to say the urine is Sierra's, but you're not going to be able to confirm it through DNA because 15-year-old girls don't excrete epithelial cells unless they're very sick.
That, and I've never seen a wood-chipper mentioned in any news articles about this case. Then again, that information is definitely something that LE would withhold from the public for obvious reasons.

Is there any merit to this rumor, or is it all made up?

This is graphic, but it's important to either validate or debunk this rumor so that no misinformation gets spread.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Antonin Garcia had borrowed a wood-chipper within days of Sierra going missing, and that the DNA found in his car turned out to be Sierra's urine and brain matter?

I've been trying to find a credible source for this claim, but every post or article I find about it always links back to a column post by Chelsea Hoffman. I would link it here but, for some reason, WebSleuths seems to have blocked the site and I can't link it.
Anyway, I don't know if that site is a reliable source. Hoffman is not willing to reveal who told her this information or even what their relation is to the investigation.

I'm not really buying it right now. Especially since urine doesn't have any DNA in it unless the person is also excreting epithelial cells (which are the cells that line many organs and glands), and that doesn't happen in healthy people. You could use context clues to say the urine is Sierra's, but you're not going to be able to confirm it through DNA because 15-year-old girls don't excrete epithelial cells unless they're very sick.
That, and I've never seen a wood-chipper mentioned in any news articles about this case. Then again, that information is definitely something that LE would withhold from the public for obvious reasons.

Is there any merit to this rumor, or is it all made up?

It's blocked because she has no more credibility than anyone posting on websleuths - probably less but because the format lends some legitimacy it is more concerning.

I would say the wood chipper is not a sound rumour. There is a report he purchased bleach and a turkey baster 3 days before her murder. I would extrapolate from that two things. I guess this could have come to light since that report was released, but borrowing a wood chipper is similar kind of circumstantial evidence to the bleach and baster and would be included in that report if known by police. Secondly, if he used the baster as one might imagine he would to damage DNA - he needn't do that if he planned on the wood chipper. I also can't imagine where he would use such a thing given where he lived. Wood chippers need electricity right? He did not have access to privacy and electricity.

It's blocked because she has no more credibility than anyone posting on websleuths - probably less but because the format lends some legitimacy it is more concerning.

I would say the wood chipper is not a sound rumour. There is a report he purchased bleach and a turkey baster 3 days before her murder. I would extrapolate from that two things. I guess this could have come to light since that report was released, but borrowing a wood chipper is similar kind of circumstantial evidence to the bleach and baster and would be included in that report if known by police. Secondly, if he used the baster as one might imagine he would to damage DNA - he needn't do that if he planned on the wood chipper. I also can't imagine where he would use such a thing given where he lived. Wood chippers need electricity right? He did not have access to privacy and electricity.

There are gas powered wood chippers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoffman has been WRONG so many times I cannot even keep track. She has zero credibility, imo. She just repeats rumours and they are often incorrect.

Thank you QuestionMark, for updating the thread with the news! I knew DA Rosen would find a way to end these delays by the defense!

No more delays. Straight to trial. The end of the preliminary hearing games. About time the good guys score one for justice. link on the way! #JusticeForSierra!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sierra LaMar: Suspect in kidnapping, killing indicted by grand jury

The indictment means he will now go directly to trial instead of face a preliminary hearing.

Garcia-Torres, 22, who has been in out of court without entering a plea since his arrest, will be arraigned Thursday at 1:30 p.m. The charges brought on by the indictment supersede those previously filed by the district attorney's office.

In a statement, District Attorney Jeff Rosen said his office took the case to the grand jury "to expedite the lengthy criminal process, which began almost two years ago."

"Sierra's family, the surviving victims and our entire community, deserves justice," he said.

After Garcia-Torres is arraigned, prosecutors will ask that the case be set for trial.

More@Link (updates to follow)
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25117631/sierra-lamar-suspect-kidnapping-killing-indicted-by-grand

Yea for the Santa Clara County D.A.'s office!!!:drumroll::drumroll::drumroll:

What great news, put a smile on my face!!!

Thank you God! This is almost 2 years overdue. Now where is Sierra? No more delays AGT... it may be a long shot but I hope this gets him talking fast!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

Meant to add last night: they must have some sort of good solid looking evidence if a grand jury decided there was probable cause for the indictment. It gives me hope that LE has AGT right where they want him, with or without Sierra's remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29