Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AGT to appear in court today, 9am.

I'm praying today is the day this case moves forward!

AGT to appear in court today, 9am.

I'm praying today is the day this case moves forward!

Thanks, Lash!

I have this court date on my WS Calendar!

:praying: for steps towards justice for Sierra and those that love her...

image.jpg

No plea, defense claims says they are still waiting on discovery. :facepalm:

View attachment 33884

I thought they only had a certain amount of time to provide the discovery?

Well, if that is the case then we have to trust that the prosecution is doing what is right. I think they are desperately still trying to find Sierra.

I want to see him behind bars for life, so if time is what it takes, then so be it.

View attachment 33884

I may literally rip my own hair out soon..... :pullhair:

Wasn't their last excuse that they didn't have time to properly review the case? That would say to me that all of the discovery is there, they just hadn't looked at it.

This trial has to move forward at some point and time. I just don't understand this at all.

I thought they only had a certain amount of time to provide the discovery?

Well, if that is the case then we have to trust that the prosecution is doing what is right. I think they are desperately still trying to find Sierra.

I want to see him behind bars for life, so if time is what it takes, then so be it.

The last hearing on 4/18, it is documented in the minute order "the court finds good faith efforts have been made by the prosecution to produce discovery", so what gives? I'm with you on if time is what it takes to see AGT behind bars, then so be it, but my goodness! It will be full year next week when AGT was arrested.

:overreaction:

May 16, 2013 | Mark Gomez

San Jose: Sierra LaMar suspect does not enter plea, frustrating searchers for the teen

Snip -

During the hearing, Owens said prosecutor David Boyd provided the defense with video surveillance, but the alternate defender office does not have software to view the footage. Because of that issue and some other outstanding discovery, including lab work, Judge Sharon Chatman granted request that the plea hearing to be moved to June 27.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_23259047/san-jose-sierra-lamar-suspect-does-not-enter

May 16, 2013 | Mark Gomez

San Jose: Sierra LaMar suspect does not enter plea, frustrating searchers for the teen

Snip -

During the hearing, Owens said prosecutor David Boyd provided the defense with video surveillance, but the alternate defender office does not have software to view the footage. Because of that issue and some other outstanding discovery, including lab work, Judge Sharon Chatman granted request that the plea hearing to be moved to June 27.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_23259047/san-jose-sierra-lamar-suspect-does-not-enter

Again, no plea!!
I am being facetious here, with all the postponements, let's hope it is June 27th of this year, not next year!!! Seriously, this is beyond what I ever thought could happen.!!!
Where is Sierra?

I admit, I have no idea if it's acceptable for a judge to continue a case & then re-continue, over and over again, but it's unseemly. Perhaps the Attorney General should be notified and the California Dept. of Justice about this judge and/or this process of 'continuation'. Something has to be done.

A few thoughts. First, the DA's office has been in the spotlight for alleged misuse of vacation payouts or some such thing. It all sounds like baloney, but has been a distraction I'm sure. Maybe this has caused some delays. Second, there was a fire along the freeway in Morgan Hill today. I couldn't help but think it might have been a protest or message to AGT. Such as "brimstone in your future".. but I do have an active imagination. Seemed highly coincidental.
Finally, the scrap yards where he frequented. Have cadaver dogs been out there? Seems like a likely spot for disposal?

I hope the prosecution is confident about their evidence. I am getting bad vibes. Why wouldn't they (if they didn't) make sure all discovery was provided in a timely manner, etc.? Are they stalling hoping Sierra is found? I hope not, as there is no guarantee she will be found. I would think they would protest and demand to move forward. And I am really unhappy with this judge for not putting his foot down. Again, it makes me wonder if the state is telling him/her they are okay with the delays, and if so, why. This seems so unfair to the family. It is not as though this suspect is going to enter a guilty plea anyway. This just makes me so angry and makes the justice system look ridiculous, IMO.

crazy crazy ... but he's behind bars for now. hopefully that is where he will be staying for life and this delay won't be helping that matter.

Maybe this Judge and the Judge in the Jodi Arias Trial earned their degree from the School of Perpetual Delays.......
In my opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member