Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this goes on much longer, it is like the law is mocking her family. It is ridiculous.

I cannot find any MSM updates on yesterday's court hearing. I went to the Superior Court website to look for updates. It appears the case has been postponed once again until 5/16/2013. The minutes request AGT to be dressed for the next hearing. In my opinion, a promising note the judge is ready to move forward.

4/18/2013 hearing highlights -

• Under Plea Conditions, the minute notes read 'The court finds good faith efforts have been made by the prosecution to provide discovery'.

• Under Jail/Prison, the minute notes read, 'The defendant is to be dressed out, have a shower, and shave for the above mentioned court date' (This has never been a request in any of the previous court minutes).

• The Felony Complaint was amended. It appears in the Safeway attacks, counts 2, 3 and 4 the word 'attempted' was added to the 'kidnapping during a carjacking" charge.

• The minutes from the 4/4/2013 were amended. (I'm not sure what was amended)

First Felony Amendment-
http://www.scscourt.org/general_inf...atorres/FirstAmendedFelonyComplaint041813.pdf

Minute Order 4/18/2013-
http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/MinuteOrder041813.pdf

Minute Order 4/4/2013 amended-
http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/MinuteOrder040413rev.pdf

Court Website-
http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/garcia-torres.shtml

This has gone on far too long.

Where are you, Sierra?

As difficult as is it, stay patient. The Santa Clara County DA's office is expert. I believe they have all they need to convict this coward and loser. His justice will come from the prison population, and in the afterlife.

Again, thank you Lash for posting the court updates...

I have to admit that my feelings of defeat/frustration have made me not pursue the details.... But I am so much still following this case here on WS...

The court order that AGT must be showered and dressed seems to me (in my limited knowledge of the judicial system) that the next court date may indeed be one of more substance than the prior dates...

I can only find encouragement that AGT is still incarcerated during these delays... And not able to live as a free man...

My :praying: still go out to those who love Sierra as they endure this terrible ordeal...

JMO

Thank you for the updates. Time flies by so quickly, It doesn't seem like 2 minutes ago that this happened, and its actually over a year ago :( Poor Sierra.

Thanks for the updates Lash, much appreciated!

Well finally, looks like there will be some movement, it's taken too long.

As difficult as is it, stay patient. The Santa Clara County DA's office is expert. I believe they have all they need to convict this coward and loser. His justice will come from the prison population, and in the afterlife.

In addition to a conviction, I hope they are able to find Sierra. The thought of her family continuing on not knowing where she is is horrible.

Could I ask for the home address of Sierra LaMar plse - am working with GPS and need locator points. Cheers.
Apologies - I just found the map page.

I've been researching and reading. Did the search area for Sierra extend as far as Hoover Creek up behind Anderson Lake? I ask because 16 March was AG's day off. Wife was with mother. AG was setting off for a spot of fishing, or so he said. Hoover Creek was a fishing spot which AG was said to have visited.

If someone is familiar with the area can you advise me plse. Is Hoover Creek a fishing spot or am I following a red herring?

I've been researching and reading. Did the search area for Sierra extend as far as Hoover Creek up behind Anderson Lake? I ask because 16 March was AG's day off. Wife was with mother. AG was setting off for a spot of fishing, or so he said. Hoover Creek was a fishing spot which AG was said to have visited.

If someone is familiar with the area can you advise me plse. Is Hoover Creek a fishing spot or am I following a red herring?

I hope one of our excellent SAR WS members check in soon... They have been following this case... And have been checking areas that have been... And could be ... Searched...

I am going to get the Sierra Lamar SAR thread... Brb...

ETA... I am lousy with links... but if you go to the "Search" section on the top of each WS page... And type in "Sierra Lamar SAR"... You will find the SAR (Search and Rescue) thread... There is a great deal of good info. there... And you may want to post your question in that thread, too...

HTH... :seeya:

JMO

Hey MM- :seeya: would you happen to have a link, or do you know where that reference to Hoover Creek came from by chance?

tia
sre

Hey MM- :seeya: would you happen to have a link, or do you know where that reference to Hoover Creek came from by chance?

tia
sre
I've posted across on the SAR thread now - apologies...

This is how my enquiry went down:

24-5-2012 1.34pm Askfornina #16 May 22 from video @ link AGT family speaks

“Laura Torres: He passed the place- the- the- the girl disappear-because he has the day off other day and he say that he left his wife and the mothers house, and then he went back to go fishing on Uvas- Uvas park or something like that. I don't know. I don't know where is that. I don't know- and, um.”

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/Sierra-LaMar-Suspects-Family-Speaks/152912455

The “Uvas” interested me (phonetics) which led me to thinking it might be “Hoover” so I fished around… pardon the pun it’s pre-dawn here.

This is where I ended up:

http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-hoover-creek-morgan-hill-ca/

Was this searched: "Hill Country Golf and Country Club", Maple Avenue & Foothills Road, San Martin.

Foothills Rd - tall mediterranean cyprus trees (sempervirens - evergreen) along the fence line.

The name of the golf course is called "Institute Golf Course"

Just around the corner in Maple Avenue then cuts across the golf course.

Mountain Misst sent me this.

Was this searched: "Hill Country Golf and Country Club", Maple Avenue & Foothills Road, San Martin.

Foothills Rd - tall mediterranean cyprus trees (sempervirens - evergreen) along the fence line.

The name of the golf course is called "Institute Golf Course"

Just around the corner in Maple Avenue then cuts across the golf course.

Mountain Misst sent me this.

I can't tell you every area that was searched but I will say this. (Which I've posted before). I participated in one of the searches, and I was disturbed by the approach of the search. It was anything but thorough. The "team lead" for our group just kept telling us to "hurry up! we've got lot's to cover!" As such, I felt like the search was better than nothing, but we could have missed her 10,000 times over that one day. Morgan Hill is an interested eclectic assemblage of homes, farms, and plenty of rural open land. I have family that live there, and they told me that all the home owners on open land all (at least the ones they know), took it upon themselves to do a thorough search of their barns, sheds, and land. The day I helped search, I focused on a commercial farm. There were hundreds of crates and oil barrels, of which I had only 10 or 15 minutes to do a cursory search of.

I have always believed that his connection to Safeway and all his associated acts (attacks in the parking lots, working there, buying bleach and turkey baster there) can not be overlooked when considering where Sierra might be. He would have known the routines and schedules for transport and disposal, etc. I always keep going back to the notion of a freezer for some reason, but we always come up with far reaching ideas when there is a lack of data.

So the point of this ramble is that Morgan Hill is residential, farms, and tons of land and hills with very thick underbrush and trees. If he hid her somewhere on the land, it will be only pure coincidence that she is found by hikers, or someone clearing land, etc.

I would be very interested in knowing if cadaver dogs were ever taken to the Safeway he frequented? I think that would be a worthwhile activity.

I can't tell you every area that was searched but I will say this. (Which I've posted before). I participated in one of the searches, and I was disturbed by the approach of the search. It was anything but thorough. The "team lead" for our group just kept telling us to "hurry up! we've got lot's to cover!" As such, I felt like the search was better than nothing, but we could have missed her 10,000 times over that one day. Morgan Hill is an interested eclectic assemblage of homes, farms, and plenty of rural open land. I have family that live there, and they told me that all the home owners on open land all (at least the ones they know), took it upon themselves to do a thorough search of their barns, sheds, and land. The day I helped search, I focused on a commercial farm. There were hundreds of crates and oil barrels, of which I had only 10 or 15 minutes to do a cursory search of.

I have always believed that his connection to Safeway and all his associated acts (attacks in the parking lots, working there, buying bleach and turkey baster there) can not be overlooked when considering where Sierra might be. He would have known the routines and schedules for transport and disposal, etc. I always keep going back to the notion of a freezer for some reason, but we always come up with far reaching ideas when there is a lack of data.

So the point of this ramble is that Morgan Hill is residential, farms, and tons of land and hills with very thick underbrush and trees. If he hid her somewhere on the land, it will be only pure coincidence that she is found by hikers, or someone clearing land, etc.

I would be very interested in knowing if cadaver dogs were ever taken to the Safeway he frequented? I think that would be a worthwhile activity.

Thanks for insight into what it was like searching! You did a good thing!
You and I share interest in the Supermarket - and there's been no answer to the question of dog searches there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche