Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-suspect-making-court-appearance-in-san-jose/
July 23, 2013 12:32 PM

"Garcia Torres will be in court this afternoon for a discovery hearing at the Hall of Justice in San Jose, court spokesman Joe Macaluso said.

He was not expected to enter a plea Tuesday, Macaluso said."

Ew, he makes me sick, his lucifer-esque facial hair suits him. I feel so bad for Sierra she must have been so so scared. I'm so glad this guy is locked up, he is a PREDATOR and now other girls are safe from him.

Ew, he makes me sick, his lucifer-esque facial hair suits him. I feel so bad for Sierra she must have been so so scared. I'm so glad this guy is locked up, he is a PREDATOR and now other girls are safe from him.

I agree, especially with being glad this dangerous guy is locked up and can't hurt any other women or girls.
...........I wish he'd tell where Sierra is.

According to today's Minute Order, discovery still going on. August 22 at 1:30 pm is the next court date. I have no words.

I still have no words. What's with discovery still in the process over a year after AGT's arrest? He's got a Public Defender -- this isn't some dream team defense. SMH.

This makes me worry about the state's case, hoping I am wrong to do so.

The longer the better. Patience for justice, they need to find her. The DNA linking him to her should do the trick though. He's sunk.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk 2

The longer the better. Patience for justice, they need to find her. The DNA linking him to her should do the trick though. He's sunk.

But she might never be found. They cannot count on finding her, they brought the charges.

I hope the prosecution does have good evidence. Depending on what kind of DNA they found and what other circumstantial evidence (esp. surveillance) they have, the outcome might not be certain. It wouldn't take a criminal (or attorney's) mastermind to come up with a story where he just drives through the area, stops as he sees something lying on the street and finds a bag. He picks it up and takes it in his car, puts in on passenger seat/backseat. He rummages briefly through the contents (depending on what evidence there is, the phone might be inside, too). He then continues on his way to go fishing or whatever, intending to later deliver the bag to police or lost and found or maybe sell some of the stuff on eBay.
However, he learns about the missing girl and realizes that he's in trouble. He has no alibi for hours, was in the immediate area and is in possession of SL's items. He would be immediately suspect, especially considering his arrest record. He panics and dumps the stuff.
Police tracks him down nonetheless, but he realizes that dumping the items made him look even more suspicious, so he denies involvement.
It explains his car on surveillance (assumed they just have his car, not SL clearly inside), his DNA on her clothes, even her DNA in his car (transmitted via bag).
LE had a lot of stuff that the public wasn't aware of, they may have a lot up their sleeves. But if they just got tired and thought that putting some pressure on him would make him talk, and they actually have nothing more than could be explained by a scenario like above, they might really try to stall in the hopes of finding her body (and thus more evidence).
Depending on what evidence they have, there might still be the possibility of him walking.

I hope the prosecution does have good evidence. Depending on what kind of DNA they found and what other circumstantial evidence (esp. surveillance) they have, the outcome might not be certain. It wouldn't take a criminal (or attorney's) mastermind to come up with a story where he just drives through the area, stops as he sees something lying on the street and finds a bag. He picks it up and takes it in his car, puts in on passenger seat/backseat. He rummages briefly through the contents (depending on what evidence there is, the phone might be inside, too). He then continues on his way to go fishing or whatever, intending to later deliver the bag to police or lost and found or maybe sell some of the stuff on eBay.
However, he learns about the missing girl and realizes that he's in trouble. He has no alibi for hours, was in the immediate area and is in possession of SL's items. He would be immediately suspect, especially considering his arrest record. He panics and dumps the stuff.
Police tracks him down nonetheless, but he realizes that dumping the items made him look even more suspicious, so he denies involvement.
It explains his car on surveillance (assumed they just have his car, not SL clearly inside), his DNA on her clothes, even her DNA in his car (transmitted via bag).
LE had a lot of stuff that the public wasn't aware of, they may have a lot up their sleeves. But if they just got tired and thought that putting some pressure on him would make him talk, and they actually have nothing more than could be explained by a scenario like above, they might really try to stall in the hopes of finding her body (and thus more evidence).
Depending on what evidence they have, there might still be the possibility of him walking.

You're scaring me there Prospektor.

You're scaring me there Prospektor.

Hey, it's just a worst case scenario. There's a good chance LE has much more to link him to the crime, and/or his attorney not going any lengths to prove his innocence. I'm just doing what my grandpa always said, "hope for the best but expect the worst". There's still a lot of hope. ;)

Hey, it's just a worst case scenario. There's a good chance LE has much more to link him to the crime, and/or his attorney not going any lengths to prove his innocence. I'm just doing what my grandpa always said, "hope for the best but expect the worst". There's still a lot of hope. ;)

I imagine you are aware of her tumbler page... that could be used in a number of ways against her...

Looks to me like the prosecution is stalling because they don't have a case.

If they had evidence that forced him to plead one way or the other, he would
have by now. Then the clock would have started.

I remember the "evidence" I saw when I followed this case, and I was not impressed.
Not with the grocery store cases and especially not with Sierra.

I think they picked a guy out of a hat based on his Dad being a ne'er do well.
And his having a young wife. I don't want them to try to railroad just somebody
in her case. I want the right somebody prosecuted.

It seems to me they have always been barking up the wrong tree.

You guys are pickin up what I've been puttin down. Good to see they are combining the charges to a show a pattern as I suggested. Last night I had a doubt for the first time about LE's case. I think thats because they are stalling discovery. This goes both ways though. It helps the defense as much as the prosecution.

In the end I just hope they get the right person. Everyone is so quick to convict someone. This is a horrific crime and the right person needs to be convicted and if Sierra is dead then they need to bring the death penalty but you have to prove the aggravating factors.

I don't think they could get death with what they have right now. It could be argued that a stun gun is a non-lethal weapon. I mean LE uses them all the time and classifies them as non-lethal right? So the argument could be made that the suspect abducted Sierra with the intent to release her and things just went horribly wrong.

If they can prove the pattern then they have kidnapping maybe rape, not sure about the rest. I do not know how the CA legal system works I just know what I know from the Alcala case.

Didn't LE say they have proof that Sierra is likely dead? There was no blood but there was DNA found in his car and in her bag. They have his car on tape which may be from her own street or Laguna Road where he would have had to turn around since it dead ends.

Some are saying he went fishing and others are saying he gets off at Palm (near her bus stop) to work. Personally I don't buy either story.

snipped for the purpose of friend discussion:

.............. It could be argued that a stun gun is a non-lethal weapon. I mean LE uses them all the time and classifies them as non-lethal right? So the argument could be made that the suspect abducted Sierra with the intent to release her and things just went horribly wrong.

They don't if she went with him willing or not... no proof he used a stun gun on her...
can they even prove he was the last person with her?

Right, prospektor, we do not know what the State has up their sleeve. The nature of the cells or substance the DNA derived from could be telling. It may not be at all what he would leave at the scene if he merely handled the purse. Nor what was left in his car, if her blood, for e.g., was found there. Or any personal substance from her.

This is what I have been saying all along. I am worried that if the wrong man has been accused, the real perp is still out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!