Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if during this investigation LE considered trying to change tactics by putting the pressure on AGs wife and mother to get information or a confession? He's a monster, no doubt about it, but he also has a close relationship with both and no doubt has (his own twisted version of) love for them.

Does anyone else remember the Facebook postings AGs wife made during the first few weeks of his arrest? I remember (at work so cannot find a link so take with a grain of salt if you so choose) in the first weeks of him being named a suspect, his wife posting on Facebook regarding Sierra. If I remember correctly she was basically making out like Sierra was some kind of love rival and alluding anger towards Sierra. It makes you wonder what AG told his family at first about Sierra? Perhaps made out she was a love struck teenage girl obsessed with him and wanting to get him into trouble because he rebuffed her advances?

Whilst I cannot get the link now (though I think the screenshot may be in the case archives) take it with a pinch of salt, but I'm sure a few posters remember it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember it. Her comments were very ugly and inappropriate.

Posted:May 23 2016 09:35AM PDT
Updated:May 23 2016 09:52AM PDT

The trial for the murder of Sierra La Mar, which was expected to begin Monday, has been delayed.

The trial has been delayed until late July at the earliest.
more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/144123294-story

I wonder if during this investigation LE considered trying to change tactics by putting the pressure on AGs wife and mother to get information or a confession? He's a monster, no doubt about it, but he also has a close relationship with both and no doubt has (his own twisted version of) love for them.

Does anyone else remember the Facebook postings AGs wife made during the first few weeks of his arrest? I remember (at work so cannot find a link so take with a grain of salt if you so choose) in the first weeks of him being named a suspect, his wife posting on Facebook regarding Sierra. If I remember correctly she was basically making out like Sierra was some kind of love rival and alluding anger towards Sierra. It makes you wonder what AG told his family at first about Sierra? Perhaps made out she was a love struck teenage girl obsessed with him and wanting to get him into trouble because he rebuffed her advances?

Whilst I cannot get the link now (though I think the screenshot may be in the case archives) take it with a pinch of salt, but I'm sure a few posters remember it.

Yes, I remember.

AmandaReckonwith has kept a detailed record of Sierra's case over the years. I'm going to :bump: her last post so you can access it (and anyone else who may not be familiar, or who might be interested)

Sierra LaMar Case Archive. This has everything 'up to' and 'after' the arrest.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra LaMar -CA-?sort=6&page=1

Sub-section: Justice for Sierra. This has everything from arrest to now that pertains to court.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr... LaMar -CA-/Justice for Sierra?sort=6&page=1

You should be able to access the post there. I don't have the exact image link. I don't think the Facebook post itself is allowed here per TOS (for a couple reasons IMO).

That said, Amanda's archives are an incredible resource. I've reviewed it more times than I can count over the years (and cried more tears than one can measure) in doing so.

She has been a warrior for #JusticeForSierra!

Hope this helps....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted:May 23 2016 09:35AM PDT
Updated:May 23 2016 09:52AM PDT

The trial for the murder of Sierra La Mar, which was expected to begin Monday, has been delayed.

more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/144123294-story

Late July at the earliest....
Why am I not surprised?
I'll believe we are "in trial" when Court is "in session" and not a moment sooner.

This is agt & the ADO's SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
They've done nothing to prove otherwise!
:cow:

Its late july cause of trials of the attorneys

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Here's a couple of quotes and links I got from Google Alert:

Antolin Garcia Torres' next court appointment is June 17 for a status check.
from link:
http://www.kionrightnow.com/news/lo...ain-for-sierra-lamars-accused-killer/39681830

...Garcia-Torres was accused of Sierra’s disappearance and death after her DNA was found in his car, a red Volkswagen Jetta, according to prosecutors.
The defendant was indicted on the charges involving Sierra in 2014 by a grand jury, who also charged him with kidnapping and carjacking three other women in Morgan Hill in 2009....
Another hearing on the case was scheduled for June 17, when Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Vanessa Zecher will hear motions from the defense and look into setting a trial date.
Garcia-Torres’ attorney Alfonso Lopez in court Monday said he planned to file three motions in court to suppress evidence, sever the charges and change the trial venue.
from link:
http://kron4.com/2016/05/23/sierra-lamar-trial-delayed-for-at-least-another-month/

LinasK said:
snipped by me...

Probably because one of his lawyers will have another case until July, as I read in one of the links I provided above - can't remember which one above...

okay than - see you all back on June 17th~ :seeya:

I have been keeping up with this case directly on the superior court website (scscourt.org) rather than following the media. All the documents are there in PDFs under People vs. Antolin Garcia-Torres. While I do not have a criminal legal background, it's easy to decipher what is going on with that by reading the court filings. AGT clearly has been behind the postponements in one way or another (a lawyer may give advice and recommendations, but may not tell his client what to do).

AGT is smug because he knows Sierra's remains will never be found: He made sure of that. After the countless searches with hundreds of volunteers, nothing concrete was ever found pointing to her remains.

It doesn't matter in the long run whether the DA goes for the death penalty because there are over 700 inmates sitting on death row, each one with appeal after appeal lasting approximately 20 years. Of course, the taxpayers have to pick up the tab either way.

Without a change in venue, AGT will never be released. This horrible crime is still forefront in many South Bay residents (from whence the jury will be chosen, which no doubt will be another long drawn-out process).

Too bad he will not man up and face the consequences of his actions. I know, innocent until proven guilty.

I will be looking forward to hearing the defense's strategy. It only takes one juror to be swayed enough to not vote "guilty."

This has been going on long enough. Speedy trial? Push-leeze, he could have asked for that four years ago. Unhappy in jail? Prison is a lot worse.

I have been keeping up with this case directly on the superior court website (scscourt.org) rather than following the media. All the documents are there in PDFs under People vs. Antolin Garcia-Torres. While I do not have a criminal legal background, it's easy to decipher what is going on with that by reading the court filings. AGT clearly has been behind the postponements in one way or another (a lawyer may give advice and recommendations, but may not tell his client what to do).

AGT is smug because he knows Sierra's remains will never be found: He made sure of that. After the countless searches with hundreds of volunteers, nothing concrete was ever found pointing to her remains.

It doesn't matter in the long run whether the DA goes for the death penalty because there are over 700 inmates sitting on death row, each one with appeal after appeal lasting approximately 20 years. Of course, the taxpayers have to pick up the tab either way.

Without a change in venue, AGT will never be released. This horrible crime is still forefront in many South Bay residents (from whence the jury will be chosen, which no doubt will be another long drawn-out process).

Too bad he will not man up and face the consequences of his actions. I know, innocent until proven guilty.

I will be looking forward to hearing the defense's strategy. It only takes one juror to be swayed enough to not vote "guilty."

This has been going on long enough. Speedy trial? Push-leeze, he could have asked for that four years ago. Unhappy in jail? Prison is a lot worse.

Very well said Annie1004...! Your eloquently worded post is greatly appreciated. No matter how long it takes, I still hold out hope for #JusticeForSierra and the LaMars.

A girl can dream.

:floating:

We are in the middle of the Stanley Cup playoffs between my hometown team (Pittsburgh Penguins) and the San Jose Sharks. Every time I hear that team name I think of that picture of Sierra in her jersey. May June 17th bring good things, and get us closer to trial.

Just :bump: ing this up - Court tomorrow!!!

:wave:

Okay - I'm ready for today's hearing! :judge:

Let's get this thing moving along!!

Anyone down at the court house or will have tweets from there?? :tyou: in advance!

:rose: JUSTICEFORSIERRA :rose:

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 28m28 minutes ago Superior Court Hall of Justice
JUST IN: WE HAVE A TRIAL DATE. The Sierra Lamar Trial vs. AGT is officially set for Aug 1. in Dept. 50

JUST IN: WE HAVE A TRIAL DATE. The Sierra Lamar Trial vs. AGT is officially set for Aug 1. in Dept. 50

Marking my calendar!!

Yeah!! Perfect gift for my birthday. Now, let it actually happen and not be delayed yet again!!

Finally, hoping it is not delayed too. Marking my calendar, also!

Thanks for the update emiusacska! :wave:

Thank goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member