Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm praying with all I have that there will not be any last minute delays on 8/1

I've learned that future behavior is predicted by the past. That said, any progress towards justice is something, and The LaMars have waited far too long already.

As I do each and every day, I will continue to pray for #JusticeForSierra!
#FindSierra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..fingers crossed that this is for real.I can't wait for Sierra to get the justice that she deserves.

..of course, I'd also be up for a straight out guilty plea , where he tells us where the family can find her...

If there is another delay on August 1, I am going to have a fit

If there is another delay on August 1, I am going to have a fit

I know, right?
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst (or in agt's case, the status quo)

Justice delayed will not be justice denied!

#FindSierra

I have been as frustrated as everyone else in this case. I know there are many people that live in California and there are many judges too. But my frustration is tempered with the knowledge that they give the defense as much time needed so when the trial does start and runs it's course everything will be done correctly and without error and this gets to spend all his time in jail never to be released until his brain activities cease and his heart stops beating. He has lived longer than S.L.. Why he has not released the information of where her remains are is also troubling. I guess that will be his ace to prevent him from getting the deadly cocktail.

every time I check in here...it gets more frustrating....HOW LONG can this go on.....

so wish Sierra could be found...even with a conviction it will still somehow feel hollow...

I am so disgusted with AGT's wrangling of the justice system. Reading the request for change of venue and the findings of their consultant who polled 200 local citizens, IMHO, the argument is weak.

AGT probably will get a change of venue, although I have no idea how often they are granted in SC County. Just look at Scott Peterson whose trial was held in San Mateo County. He was still found guilty! If the evidence is as strong against AGT as we are led to believe, holding the trial elsewhere in California will not make one iota difference.

( Both Peterson and AGT are cocky (i.e., the smirks on their faces drive me nuts). I cannot stand to see any photos and news clips of AGT.)

Poor Sierra will be pulled through the dirt during his upcoming trial. Her family and friends and the entire community have already suffered an inordinate amount of pain. And she is still missing

Too bad a plea deal wasn't made, thus saving the taxpayer expenses and most of all sparing the Lamer family from being victimized all over again. Good thing AGT is not a likable character no matter where his trial is held!

Defense will seek to move Sierra LaMar murder trial - SFGate

[...]

In a brief filed in September seeking to dismiss the murder indictment, however, co-counsel Brian Matthews [Defense will seek to move Sierra LaMar murder trial - SFGate

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Defense-will-seek-to-move-Sierra-LaMar-murder-7350955.php]

said the grand jury had been operating in an emotional environment.

“Sierra’s disappearance has been a highly publicized event,” Matthews wrote. “Until recently, searchers combed the South County area looking for her with many wearing shirts claiming her as ‘everyone’s daughter.’ It is the type of crime that causes people to feel insecure in their homes and gives them pause about whether to allow their children to walk or take the bus to school. And when charges of capital murder are added to the mix, the case gives rise to very strong emotions.”

Prosecutors are likely to oppose any attempt to move the trial. A change of venue can be costly for both sides, given the travel and housing costs for attorneys and witnesses.

Change-of-venue motions are not common, and judges granting them even less so. Notable California trials that saw successful venue changes in recent years included those against Scott Peterson, convicted of murdering his wife and their unborn child, and former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle, convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Oscar Grant.

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Defense-will-seek-to-move-Sierra-LaMar-murder-7350955.php

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Here are all the latest docs

Attachments

• NtcofMotionandMotionforChangeofVenue.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • Notice of Motion for Release of Documents.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Order to Lodge Confidential Statement of Reasons Conditionally Under Seal.pdf
    91.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Declaration in Support of Order Shortening Time.pdf
    146.7 KB · Views: 8
Defense will seek to move Sierra LaMar murder trial - SFGate

[...]

In a brief filed in September seeking to dismiss the murder indictment, however, co-counsel Brian Matthews [Defense will seek to move Sierra LaMar murder trial - SFGate

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Defense-will-seek-to-move-Sierra-LaMar-murder-7350955.php]

said the grand jury had been operating in an emotional environment.

“Sierra’s disappearance has been a highly publicized event,” Matthews wrote. “Until recently, searchers combed the South County area looking for her with many wearing shirts claiming her as ‘everyone’s daughter.’ It is the type of crime that causes people to feel insecure in their homes and gives them pause about whether to allow their children to walk or take the bus to school. And when charges of capital murder are added to the mix, the case gives rise to very strong emotions.”

Prosecutors are likely to oppose any attempt to move the trial. A change of venue can be costly for both sides, given the travel and housing costs for attorneys and witnesses.

Change-of-venue motions are not common, and judges granting them even less so. Notable California trials that saw successful venue changes in recent years included those against Scott Peterson, convicted of murdering his wife and their unborn child, and former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle, convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Oscar Grant.

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Defense-will-seek-to-move-Sierra-LaMar-murder-7350955.php

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

You answered my question re change of venue. Thank you!

I standby my original post back in 6/17. I won't believe the trial will start until I hear the bailiff call the Court into session, by saying, "All Rise..." Sad but true... [emoji35]

I absolutely believe agt will do whatever he can to obfuscate and delay, and his defense team is no different. I base this on the only thing that has been clear from the start: their pattern of behavior, which has been to work against the adjudication process.

IMO, agt does not want to face time in the California Penitentiary system (aka The Big House). There's a real fear there, and FWIW, it's probably justified. That's just how I see it. :cow:

The change of venue request is just another move by his dt to keep the trial from starting. They will do whatever is needed to drag this out. There is no benefit in a speedy trial for agt. This has been the status quo for over 4 years now. This speaks for itself. [emoji17]

I made a promise to the #SierraSearchTeam and Mr. Marc Klaas that I would #NeverGiveUp! That promise is also one that I hold to Sierra Mae in my :heart: My girls and I wear our #TeamSierra t-shirts as often as we can. We also submit prayer requests for Sierra and her family each week.
:praying:

The LaMars need our support now more than ever. The thought of what a change of venue means to them is overwhelming! My heart truly goes out to them. [emoji174]

Justice delayed will NOT be justice denied! I thank all of you for caring so much about Sierra's case. I truly believe she will have the Justice she deserves, and that one day, she will be found!

#FindSierra
:please:

So - anything happening in the hearing for today???

:tyou: in advance! :wave:

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/breakin...amar-trial-nears-missing-teens-accused-killer
Sierra LaMar: Trial nears for missing teen's accused killer

--snip

Prosecutors are seeking a death sentence against Antonin Garcia-Torres, 22, in LaMar's suspected Morgan Hill-area killing. The 15-year-old girl vanished on her way to a school bus stop near Morgan Hill on the morning of March 16, 2012. Garcia-Torres, who wore a suit and sat passively during Friday's hourlong hearing, has pleaded not guilty to the murder charge and also to attempted kidnappings of other women.

Among issues Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Vanessa A. Zecher must decide is whether to allow television, photography and the use of electronic devices to tweet or blog from court throughout the trial, as requested by major networks and other news organizations, including this newspaper.

Also at issue is a motion by Garcia-Torres' court-appointed lawyers, currently under conditional court seal, to suppress evidence, as well as the schedule for upcoming motions to sever the kidnapping charges and to move the trial to another county where the case has received less publicity.

One of Garcia-Torres' lawyers, Brian Matthews, argued Friday against allowing the media to photograph, film or electronically broadcast any of the upcoming proceedings. He also expressed concerns about the impact of cameras.
~~~
The judge said she would issue a written ruling in a few days.

The trial could begin in September with jury selection, the judge said. However, Matthews suggested the defense may not be ready by then.
"It's too fast," Matthews said of the deadline.

( oh good grief!)

--more@link.

It doesn't matter where he gets tried, he's going down. He can smirk all he wants, it will just make things tougher for him.
BTW, let's not forget that "lovely" bride of his, and the vicious remarks she said about Sierra. I hope they haul her *advertiser censored*s up on the witness stand; IMO she knows where Sierra was dumped.
Just opinion and speculation, of course.

from the article above ^^

It is unclear how long the trial will last. Prosecutor David Boyd estimated the evidence portion would take 10 weeks. But at a previous hearing, Garcia-Torres' other attorney, Al Lopez, said it could last a year.
[....]
Regardless of where the trial is held, one of the biggest challenges will be finding 12 jurors and up to six alternates willing and able to serve during the whole trial, which could last six months.
[....]
In addition, jury selection alone could take an extra two to three months, largely because this is a death penalty case, and jurors must be open to the possibility of imposing the ultimate punishment.

So we have a variation of one year or 6 months - for the trial, but the jury selection would take 2 to 3 months!! With 10 weeks of evidence!
So by my calculation - it should be - say - 3 months of jury selection, 2 1/2 months for prosecutor's evidence - and the defense - what do they have - maybe a month or less for their "evidence" - I say at least 7 to 8 months for trial!

I wish the prosecutor would get a "deal" to take the death penalty off the table - wish he would tell us "where" Sierra is...

So - the next hearing I have is July 29th - ?? correct? The article didn't say anything about the next hearing. Any one find anything on this?

:tyou: in advance!

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SIERRA! :rose:

from the article above ^^

So we have a variation of one year or 6 months - for the trial, but the jury selection would take 2 to 3 months!! With 10 weeks of evidence!
So by my calculation - it should be - say - 3 months of jury selection, 2 1/2 months for prosecutor's evidence - and the defense - what do they have - maybe a month or less for their "evidence" - I say at least 7 to 8 months for trial!

I wish the prosecutor would get a "deal" to take the death penalty off the table - wish he would tell us "where" Sierra is...

So - the next hearing I have is July 29th - ?? correct? The article didn't say anything about the next hearing. Any one find anything on this?

:tyou: in advance!

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SIERRA! :rose:

That's a trial of Arias proportions! [emoji15]

At least that makes me feel confident in the amount of evidence they have to present!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Niner regarding next hearing let's wait and see the minutes as well as the decision on the motions

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member