Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - just thought of something.

I'll be in the Bay Area the week of Oct 31st thru Nov. 4th before I catch my flight out of Oakland Intl. - I might have to go down town to San Jose to watch a bit. Does anyone know "where" exactly this is taking place at? Street address would be great! :D

Haven't been to the Bay Area in quite a while... need directions! :giggle:

Hopefully the trial would have started by then! And I can give you all a "first-hand" account of what's going on! :)

Are you going emi?? I forgot this was going to be "trial by tweet"! Do you have a list of reporters who will be doing this?

As I asked before any locals going??

TIA!

So according to the Order - "hardship" cases for jurors will start tomorrow - and the "real" sitting of jurors will start on the 24th?

I'm in the middle of my moving half way across the globe - so will be depending upon all you here in reporting the trial!

:seeya:
I can't go due to personal reasons, no list will try to find this out tomorrow. If not tomorrow by November when juror questioning will happen

The actual trial will start in November according to article. Please read the mercury news article I have posted a few posts above. Niner, as far as address goes I have given it to you in a message before

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian Oct 13
No more delays. Jury selection to begin Monday in #SierraLamar trial. Juror hardships and interviews taken up all next week.

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 22m22 minutes ago Superior Court Hall of Justice
Courtroom packed with potential jurors in #SierraLamar death penalty trial. No family or search volunteers in court.

Going with "life without parole" would be so much wiser..IMO

dawn I agree with you and that is why I am voting to repeal the death penalty and have life without parole

Here is the minute order from yesterday

Attachments

• MinuteOrd101716.pdf
    408.4 KB · Views: 9
Family, friends seek closure as jury selection begins in Sierra LaMar's murder case
POSTED:OCT 18 2016 02:11AM PDT
UPDATED:OCT 18 2016 02:32AM PDT

KTVU's Azenith Smith spoke with Sierra LaMar's family, best friend and volunteer searchers who have been waiting for her jury selection. That day has come but it's been four years since the 15-year-old girl disappeared from Morgan Hill.

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KTVU) - It’s arguably the most high-profile criminal case in Santa Clara County; one the district attorney has called his top priority.

[...]

We spoke to Sierra’s family, best friend and volunteer searchers who have been waiting for this day. Also, a father who knows their agony far too well.

[...]

Tucked in the farm land at the intersection of Palm and Doughtery Avenues pink ribbons still cling to poles, tattered but still intact. They symbolize the search for Sierra

"There's a sadness here that you feel, that you can't help but feel as you drive by,” says Roger Nelson a volunteer search coordinator.

The spot marks where the 15-year-old girl would catch the school bus. But on March 16, 2012 she never made it. A desperate search for the girl followed.

[...]

The majority of searchers never met Sierra.

“There’s been over 1,150 searches, over 55,000 person hours involved in this from the beginning,” Nelson says.

“I just put myself in their shoes. It’s a horrible feeling. No parent should have to go through that feeling,” says Renee Figueira.

This group, among the original searchers, come from different walks of life, yet they’re united and motivated to find the Sobrato High School sophomore with a smile as big as her glowing personality.

[...]

Sierra’s father Steve saw Garcia-Torres for the first time in August for a preliminary hearing.

“It’s kind of grief, overwhelming grief along with being in limbo,” her father says.

The most difficult part for him were grand jury transcripts where prosecutors reveal Sierra’s hair was found on rope in the trunk of Garcia-Torres’ car and markings on Sierra’s clothes that indicate she had been dragged.

Steve Lamar says he has a hard time looking at Garcia-Torres in court.

“I just focus on what’s happening in the courtroom. I don’t look over there very often,” he says.

Recently though, he says he has been able to watch home videos of Sierra, even though he may never know what happened to her.

“I’ve come to terms with maybe I will never know that, but I’m still trying to find out,” says Lamar.

[...]

"It's so sad it's horrible he would come to that. He would have to conclude that, but he's absolutely right. Steve and I belong to a club no one wants to belong to,” says Klaas who founded KlaasKids Foundation.
Klaas’ daughter’s case took three years to go to trial with a change of venue.

"Am i shocked by the glacial pace of the criminal justice system? No. I think it's pretty obvious we have a broken criminal justice system,” says Klaas.

A justice system that he says plays to the defendant.

[...]

A committed group of a dozen volunteers meet once a month to search for Sierra. All of them are searching for answers.

[...]

As for Sierra’s father Steve, his hope is for justice, although he says he lost a part of himself the day Sierra was taken.

“It’s never full closure. It will only be helpful answers,” he says.

[...]

Sierra’s family says if he is found guilty, they want the death penalty and that the penalty fits the crime. Jury selection begins two days from what would have been Sierra’s 20th birthday.

[...]

Embedded video & More@Link

http://www.ktvu.com/news/212159310-story

RBBM,

I have been aware of these quiet, ongoing searches, led by this amazing group of people. This is the first time the #SierraSearchTeam has gone public. I've never known of a more dedicated group of searchers in the history of a missing child/persons case! They are truly incredible, and I hope that they are able to one day #FindSierra and #BringSierraHome, where she belongs....

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minute order from yesterday

Attachments

• MinuteOrd101816.pdf
    416.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the updates.

I also found this one:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/...-capital-murder-trial-set-to-begin-for-jan-3/

SAN JOSE — More than five years after Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar disappeared on her way to a school bus stop, the Santa Clara County judge handling the capital case set a firm date for the trial of the man suspected of killing her to start: Jan. 3.

Superior Court Judge Vanessa A. Zecher on Tuesday reminded the lawyers in the death-penalty case against Antolin Garcia-Torres, 22, to be ready to give their opening statements after the holidays, on the first Tuesday of 2017.

Marking my calendar for January 3rd!

:judge:

Kimi_SFC said:
snipped by me...
The most difficult part for him were grand jury transcripts where prosecutors reveal Sierra’s hair was found on rope in the trunk of Garcia-Torres’ car and markings on Sierra’s clothes that indicate she had been dragged.

I knew about her DNA being in the back seat - but not these two items!! What's her hair doing in HIS trunk if he nothing to do with this??!!!

yesterday's minute order

Attachments

• MinuteOrd101916.pdf
    391.4 KB · Views: 6
Jury selection begins in Sierra LaMar trial

[...]
There was an audible gasp in the courtroom when the judge told the potential jurors this case could last through April of 2017. The defense and prosecution will get to review the answers and then ask further questions when the jurors return on November 14. He's pleaded not guilty to all charges. Those who weren't granted a hardship are filling out the jury questionnaire which has 127 questions inside.

Jury selection continues Tuesday with another 360 potential jurors. Because it's now a tool that lawyers can use to really find out any thing they want to know about potential jurors. Clark (legal analyst) says prosecutors will likely look for jurors who will be able to work well together, while the defense will likely pursue independent thinkers and people who can have an open mind despite media coverage of the high-profile case. "There's a real strategy that goes into the selection of a jury".

[...]

http://crcconnection.com/2016/10/18/jury-selection-begins-in-sierra-lamar-trial.html

#JusticeForSierra

Minute order from yesterday next court date - Monday

Attachments

• MinuteOrd102016.pdf
    397 KB · Views: 4
Such a long trial, I hope they can find enough intelligent altruistic people who can give up so much of their lives.

Such a long trial, I hope they can find enough intelligent altruistic people who can give up so much of their lives.

May Lady Justice hear our cries...

Spoke with my friend who works in the D.A's office. She thinks they have a solid case against him- it's all DNA. Not only was her DNA found in his car, but also his DNA was found on her clothes. They pulled another D.A. to be 2nd chair.
She also told me it might be a Death Penalty case, or they might take it off the table if he agrees to tell them where the body is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem